Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Applied online. Some questions asked:
Write code to:
1. convert from big endian to small endian.
2. convert decimal to binary.
3. Return the n element from end of a linked list.
4. Count the occurrence of every word

Interview Questions

• what is the significance of '20 log x'?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Got phone interview than onsite in 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• write program to convert FIFO into LIFO   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The interview started with standard questions about programming. What does the static keyword mean when used in a function and outside a function. What does the non-volatile keyword mean? Design a function that tests whether or not an array of chars is a palindrome. Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures. The interviewer was really pushy.

Interview Questions

• Asked standard questions about the static and non-volatile keywords.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Ask for your work experience, where did you get the job information..some basic information. Then go directly into technique questions. About 45 mins. what is virtual functions, bit operations, the keyword versatile, quick sort.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

First they carried out telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was mainly based around Real Time OS concepts, C programming. After telephonic interview got call for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Can variable be declared with "Const" and "Volatile" quantifier ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

A recruter sent me an email to schedule the phone screen after I applied online. The recruiter was very helpful and replied to my email very quickly. I had two phone interviews back to back. The first one just went through my resume and ask me some simple questions in c. I have a feeling that I did do well on the first one. The second interviewer was much tougher. We go through many technical questions, but I did not do well in this part.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

One of the hiring managers contacted me about the position and I applied online. I went through a very demanding phone interview and then I was invited to an on-site interview. Interview was with several members of the group asking a variety of software, computer architecture and assembly questions. Overall I was good and a great fit, so I was considered for the position. I received a contingent offer but they withdraw it. I require an H1B visa and they could not sponsor me because they could not meet the deadline for the cap.

Overall, the process was very good and smooth. But there were a few issues. One or two members were very unfriendly and hostile. I do not know what their agenda was, but I had the feeling that they wanted to doubt everything I have worked in the past.

Another thing I do not like is that although they pay for hotel and plane tickets, it takes them forever to reimburse you for all the other expenses they cover (taxi, meals, etc.). It would be great if this process was much faster and direct.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were demanding and difficult but not impossible.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

A week after phone interview received an email about onsite.
    7 person. friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Overall the process is not bad. Qualcomm will arrange everything for the interview. You do not need to care about too much thing. The coding question is easily probably because qualcomm is not a CS company. So you do not need to spend to much time for coding issues. It might requires some basic concept on telecommunications. Such as CDMA, FDMA, RF. You probably need to read through your communication book one again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, most of questions can be found from this website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter contacting me with the details of the position and a time slot for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was pretty simple, asked a few questions about RTOS : mutex, semaphore, stacks and heaps. Also asked a C question: what will be the address of an integer pointer after increment of the pointer variable directly.

Once I cleared that, the recruiter confirmed a time slot for an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview had 7 rounds including a HR round which usually lasts from 9-5pm.
    The HR round just includes some basic questions about your current job and your salary expectations.
    The next 6 rounds included interviews with director of engineering, senior staff engineers and staff engineers.
    The questions were pretty basic. Mostly in C language such as strcpy, strlen,bit counting etc...

Interview Questions

• 1. char * array = "Hello";
      char array[] = "Hello";
      what is the difference between the above two, using sizeof operator ?
      Ans sizeof of an array gives the number of elements in the array but sizeof of a pointer gives the actual size of a pointer variable

2. how does the linux system know where to look for a particular program when entered in the command line?
      Ans: Path variable