Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
129 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email from HR and scheduled a phone interview. In the phone interview I was asked some basic programming questions like bit manipulation and some OS questions like dealocks. Then I got an email to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview includes 5 interviewers, four of them asked tech questions and the other one is a lunch interview, so only some casual talk about my experience.

Interview Question – resource allocation for C++ class   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Screen was setup . Started with previous background and courses etc.
Questions from the phonescreen :

What is static,volatile.Give examples where static and volatile are used ?
I asnwered

If 2^4 has 2 digits(decimal) ,how many digits are there in 2^1000?
I gave answer ceiling of 1000*log 2 (base 10).

Interview Question – Given a uni processor architecture.
A process X has code at memory location 10,000 , the PC(program counter) is pointing to it and executing instruction from there. A process Y has code at memory location 20,000. The OS(kernel) has its own code at some memory location.

How does the PC change from process from code at location 10,000 or 10,050(after some time of execution),to the kernel location during a context switch to Process B ?

Please let me know if you have the answer.

Bamboozled by this question,don't know if I get onsite :(
  Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line and got a phone interview and then was called for onsite interview

Interview Question – Is having more cores in processor always solve the problem of throughput   View Answers (3)

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview where the interviewer asked me about my projects and work experience and then was called onsite. Was asked basic questions on linked list and bit manipulations.

Interview Question – How will tell if a system is little endian or big endian   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview Details – Ask a lot of RTOS, concept of OS and Computer Architecture, some coding problems involves bit flip and sorting algorithm, CDMA/TDMA, semaphore/mutex, process scheduling, and other questions about communication and computer architecture. The interviewer focus on how you defense yourself on an argument and how to express your own idea of a very simple question.

Interview Question – Prove a very simple math theorem using your own language, defense yourself.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview was set up and questions about my research work was asked. Just couple of questions on static and volatile keywords.

Onsite interview was with 5 teams and all of them were coding questions. standard C questions on linked list, function pointers, priority inversion and so on. One guy asked Math puzzles, I struggled a bit after constant coding. But i picked up towards the end

Interview Question – Math puzzles were simple, but my brain was tuned in complex thinking and switching to simple mode was bit difficult   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview with HR. HR did not ask HR related questions, rather asked technical questions. The next day got a rejection letter in email. Questions were based on C/C++, Java, Perl

Interview Question – First phone call with HR and HR asked technical questions   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got an email to schedule phone interview the very next day. Phone interview was mostly focused on C, OS and Networking. Since I did well on that, I was called onsite after a couple of weeks. Onsite consisted on 5 tech rounds and 1 HR round. Tech rounds are entirely focused on C, OS, problem solving skills and your resume. The interview process was very smooth and candidates were well taken care of. I am waiting to hear back from them.
Tech questions were as follows.

1. Programs for binary search, linked list node deletion, string reversal, calculate no of bits in a number in given base, division of floating point numbers.
2. Difference between macros and functions, why/where to use macros
3. Use of static
4. Scheduling
5. How to prevent deadlocks
6. What data structures is used in routers

Overall, the key is to be thorough with C, OS and memory management

Interview Question – Lunch interview was the toughest. The interviewer went deep into OS and memory management.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview Details – there are two rounds for the hiring process of the intern at san diego. First round is behavioral. 2nd round is purely techinical. But in the behavioral round they do ask riddles. which are very tricky. Interns get usually converted to full time without giving extra round of interviews.

Interview Question – convert using any number of stacks to form a queue   View Answer

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2011.

Interview Details – Technical interviews, efficient and organized. Expected indepth coding experience and knowledge

Interview Question – Recent updates in telecommunications   Answer Question