Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had 1 telephone interview which went well. I was asked a few questions based off of my resume and the projects I have worked on. Then there were a few questions on C++ OO concepts and a programming question to find if a given number is a perfect square or not and return the square root in case it is.
I was called for an onsite interview in a week's time after that. The interview process was pleasant. All the interviewers were professional. I had interviews with 6 people and 2 of them went great, 3 of them were okay and 1 was atrocious.

Interview Question – Explain JNI and design patterns in Java.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview and after almost a month was contacted for an on-site interview which comprised of 7 interviews - one with HR and 6 others with technical team members. The scheduling was pretty easy. Most questions were based on basics of programming and resume. Asked about previous work experience. Very software and RTOS oriented interviews. Asked to write C programs and solve some questions for optimizing code.

Interview Question – Write a program to convert a string to integer   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews

Interview Questions

• What classes and object properties would you define for a game of car race   Answer Question
  • How would you distinguish if the system is big endian or little endian   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview Details – besides the specific projects on my resume, mostly c programming problems
what is function pointer
linked list more than once, how to implement and basic add and delete operation
find the duplicate element in an array
binary tree
array and pointer
others include volatile static mutex etc.

Interview Question – give a paper test on weird c programming questions   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2011.

Interview Details – good. hr little slow.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – took so long to get written offer.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. Person apologized for not having a chance to look at my resume before hand because he was busy. Asked me a bunch of questions on hardware and things irrelevant for what I was applying to, then dumbed down the questions significantly to the point I was being treated like a child. 2nd interviewer was far more standard with traditional interview questions more in line with software engineering interview.

Interview Question – How do you tell if a linked list has a loop?   View Answer

Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewers are very cordial and asked good and relevant questions. Initially had a phone followed followed by on site interview. In total I had 6 rounds of interview. Interview started in the morning and lasted till evening.

Interview Question – datastructures and algorithms   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone interview. Was asked questions on network device driver and c programming questions like static global vs static etc. Mac header for 802.11. Did not go very well as I do not experience with network device drivers. After 2 days I got a reject mail from recruiter.

Interview Question – Static global function in C, explain mac header for 802.11   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Interview Details – I have applied online and received a call from HR in 5 days. Then a phone interview was scheduled within a week and after clearing it, an onsite was scheduled after 3 weeks.

Phone Interview Questions :
Brief me about your resume
Explain Thesis project
Basic OS concepts like concurrency, IPC

Onsite Interview :
Work Experience projects
Basic C and C++ : strings, virtual functions
Bit manipulation
OS Concepts
Power related Embedded concepts

People were understandable and encouraging .....

Interview Question – Questions were described above ....   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2009.

Interview Details – The questions were all technical related to C and data structures. embedded systems and RTOS

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no scope for negotiation