Qualcomm

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions
  • Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question
I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions
    • code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2013.

Hiring process tools 3 weeks. Questions are mostly related to position. Like oop concepts
    And data. Structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

One of the hiring managers contacted me about the position and I applied online. I went through a very demanding phone interview and then I was invited to an on-site interview. Interview was with several members of the group asking a variety of software, computer architecture and assembly questions. Overall I was good and a great fit, so I was considered for the position. I received a contingent offer but they withdraw it. I require an H1B visa and they could not sponsor me because they could not meet the deadline for the cap.

Overall, the process was very good and smooth. But there were a few issues. One or two members were very unfriendly and hostile. I do not know what their agenda was, but I had the feeling that they wanted to doubt everything I have worked in the past.

Another thing I do not like is that although they pay for hotel and plane tickets, it takes them forever to reimburse you for all the other expenses they cover (taxi, meals, etc.). It would be great if this process was much faster and direct.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were demanding and difficult but not impossible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

The interview process started with a recruiter contacting me with the details of the position and a time slot for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was pretty simple, asked a few questions about RTOS : mutex, semaphore, stacks and heaps. Also asked a C question: what will be the address of an integer pointer after increment of the pointer variable directly.

Once I cleared that, the recruiter confirmed a time slot for an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview had 7 rounds including a HR round which usually lasts from 9-5pm.
    The HR round just includes some basic questions about your current job and your salary expectations.
    The next 6 rounds included interviews with director of engineering, senior staff engineers and staff engineers.
    The questions were pretty basic. Mostly in C language such as strcpy, strlen,bit counting etc...

Interview Questions
    • 1. char * array = "Hello";
      char array[] = "Hello";
      what is the difference between the above two, using sizeof operator ?
      Ans sizeof of an array gives the number of elements in the array but sizeof of a pointer gives the actual size of a pointer variable

2. how does the linux system know where to look for a particular program when entered in the command line?
      Ans: Path variable

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Intitial review interview, and then a telephonoic technical interview.
    After that I was flown to SanDiego for 8 1 hour interviews in one day which was exhaustive, and it wasnt really nice.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed on Embedded systems for an hour inspite of not having that background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Had a phone interview where the interviewer asked me about my projects and work experience and then was called onsite. Was asked basic questions on linked list and bit manipulations.

Interview Questions
    • How will tell if a system is little endian or big endian   Answer Question