Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Apr 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

relatively trivial. Some are tough some are easy. People don't speak good English. Some are not very patient with you. A day long interview but not super rough.

A lot of c , assembly questions. Link list , string manipulation, bit mask. Some conceptual questions and processor. They did not ask me LTE standard

Interview Questions

• Parse an continuous memory into a byte array using a word pointer with some area are not readable   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

One HR meeting followed by five technical interviews. All wonderful people. Tech questions mostly consists of low level concepts and algorithms. It's a long process as takes the whole day, try to remain focused and not let your mind slip.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions

• code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions

• What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?

Answer Question

Application

Interview

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process tools 3 weeks. Questions are mostly related to position. Like oop concepts
    And data. Structure.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

One of the hiring managers contacted me about the position and I applied online. I went through a very demanding phone interview and then I was invited to an on-site interview. Interview was with several members of the group asking a variety of software, computer architecture and assembly questions. Overall I was good and a great fit, so I was considered for the position. I received a contingent offer but they withdraw it. I require an H1B visa and they could not sponsor me because they could not meet the deadline for the cap.

Overall, the process was very good and smooth. But there were a few issues. One or two members were very unfriendly and hostile. I do not know what their agenda was, but I had the feeling that they wanted to doubt everything I have worked in the past.

Another thing I do not like is that although they pay for hotel and plane tickets, it takes them forever to reimburse you for all the other expenses they cover (taxi, meals, etc.). It would be great if this process was much faster and direct.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were demanding and difficult but not impossible.   Answer Question