Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm
- Software Engineer (174)
- Intern (69)
- Senior Software Engineer (36)
- Engineer (36)
- Embedded Software Engineer (32)
- Engineering (26)
- Hardware Engineer (21)
- Interim Engineering (20)
- Senior Engineer (19)
- Verification Engineer (19)
- Software Engineer Intern (18)
- Systems Engineer (18)
- Test Engineer (16)
- Systems Test Engineer (14)
- Associate Engineer (13)
- Internship (12)
- Senior Systems Engineer (11)
- Staff Engineer (11)
- Staff Software Engineer (11)
- Interim Engineering Intern (10)
- ASIC Design Engineer (10)
- Design Engineer (10)
- Digital Design Engineer (9)
- Modem Systems Test Engineer (8)
- Design Verification Engineer (7)
- Interim Software Engineer (7)
- Software Engineering (7)
- Modem Test Engineer (6)
- Program Manager (6)
- DSP Firmware Engineer (5)
Software Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.
The interviews well organized. I was called by two different people from the company and both of them provided an in-depth explanation of the nature of the job. Also there was a basic walkthrough of my resume (including my extra-curricular activities). Overall I have to say that the interview was not difficult at all, not sure on what basis they reached at the final decision.
- Describe about the project (which I had done). Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm
Software Intern InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2010.
Recruiters for Qualcomm are extremely nice and sociable. They try to help you out as much as they can, and they have a surprisingly depth of knowledge about Qualcomm's technologies even though they aren't engineers. The 45 min interview was primarily technical, and was administered by a senior engineer. The questions were okay, but the engineer answered his phone ten minutes into the interview and was on it for a good 20 minutes. I thought it was very rude and unprofessional.
- Write an assembly routine to reverse the order of bits in a 32 bit number Answer Question
Software Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm.
From waterloo, entire interview was one technical question and rest simple things.
- Q: A linked list has two pointers on each node, one pointing to the next node and one pointing to a random node. Write an algorithm that parses the entire linked list. 1 Answer
The salary was fixed, and I was told which team I will intern in
Software Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2011.
The interviewer asked several basic coding questions including reversing a linked list and many bit manipulation questions. Also a simple math related question at the end.
- given a 16-bit integer, compare each of the four bits and output the maximum one. e.g. 0xFE10, should output 0xF(1111 in binary). Answer Question