Qualcomm Staff Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2014

3.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2010.

Multiple people will take your interview one on one. It is grilling procedure and then they decide the outcome. If you are good only then you would get in

Interview Questions
  • Logical questions are difficult. Engineering questions are regular.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

7 interviews with people from all levels
    3 departments
    Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Neutral

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

The Qualcomm interview process I encounters was straight forward. I was luck that my phone screen was done by my eventual supervisor. Remembering some of the weak spots in the phone screen I brushed up on things for the interview and things went smoothly.

The hiring process was nicely automated. The job offer is given and accepted over email/internet. You fill out what usually are paper forms on-line. All those voluminous non-disclosure agreements, non-compete and what-you-produce-belongs-to-us forms are also done on-line. This does give you the chance to cut paste the text and enlarge it to a reasonable size so you can actually read it.

Suggestion: If you have any intellectual property, have it clear

Interview Questions
    • Given the following: You have a product that is built each day in a large and long build. The product has thousands of components, may of which are updated on a daily basis.
      Given that the build times can be long, what is a fast way to narrow down to the problem components quickly.
        View Answer
    They gave me what I asked for.
    Note that I asked for what a recent IEEE salary survey listed for my experience level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

hiring process was great. A total of 6 people interviewed each for a period of 45min to an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

It was very easy to apply for different positions at different locations. The callback happened very quickly after the application. An initial phone screen was conducted with detailed questions. Met and interviewed with several staff members and the questions were technical and challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Describe major issues seen with Bisted memories and how to detect/avoid these issues.   View Answers (2)
    negotiator asked what my current salary, bonuses, benefits, and vacation time were. They exceeded those values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

I got interviewed by five people. 2 of them were very technical and detail. 3 of them were asking general questions about my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Write detailed code on board to achieve certain purpose.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2010.

1 hr interview. Questions on the subject of RTOS, Data Structures and C++ logic programming. There were 2 questions towards the end of the interview where I was asked to code and read it out

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2012.

I had a F2F meeting with 8 interview team members from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. All of them were very nice and kindly, but they looks a little busy due to their work. Most of questions were based on fundamentals in semiconductor device physics and fabrication issue as well as my PhD research works.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions related to BJT are what I never expect.   View Answer

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!