Qualcomm Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   View Answer
Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

on campus

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

I had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice and tried to help my answers. The questions were basic and not so difficult to answer as listed below:
    1. Explain about your most recent work.
    2. How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
    3. Explain about coherent bandwidth
    and some more questions I do not remember now. Although my application was rejected immediately due to my poor answers, the interviewer gave me a lot of encouraging comments.

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
      A desirable answer might be to say "apply correlator".
        Answer Question

Systems Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

After applying online I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview.Phone interview consisted of questions related to my Resume and very basic questions about DSP (e.g. Up Sampling) and random variables!

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Got a phone interview that lasted for 1 hr, asked basic wlan questions. It was pretty positive so I was hoping for onsite. Scheduled onsite after a week and it went pretty smooth, 6 people interviewed. few coding questions covering data structures.

Systems Engineer Interview

First ask about the related research/project experiences. Then some basic questions in signal processing, probability, communication theory and information theory. Got stuck on one probability problem, but the interviewer is very patient and lead me to the correct thought gradually. Got the invitation for onsite interview one day later.

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

meet 5 people.

Interview Questions
    • what's negative frequency? where can you find it?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

1 phone interview followed by on site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

3 telephonic interviews and 1 day of Onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to MIMO, OFDM, UMTS, TCP/UDP, WLAN, RTP   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2012.

Questions were asked on bit manipulation like set or clear a bit ,how to change endianness of data, how to detect number of bits set in a byte....
    ,string manipulation like reverse a string and how would a find first occurrence of a character.... ,asked basic queue functionalities like enqueue and dequeue funcion.and how to insert a node in doubly linked list.....
    Also other questions were on resume and projects that I did...

Interview Questions
    • how would you detect whther the stack is growing towards lower addresses or higher addresses   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!