Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Question – I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – on campus

Interview Question – position doesn't match with my experience   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice and tried to help my answers. The questions were basic and not so difficult to answer as listed below:
1. Explain about your most recent work.
2. How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
3. Explain about coherent bandwidth
and some more questions I do not remember now. Although my application was rejected immediately due to my poor answers, the interviewer gave me a lot of encouraging comments.

Interview Question – How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
A desirable answer might be to say "apply correlator".
  Answer Question

Systems Engineering Interview

Systems Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview.Phone interview consisted of questions related to my Resume and very basic questions about DSP (e.g. Up Sampling) and random variables!

Interview Question – Difference between LMMSE and MMSE.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview that lasted for 1 hr, asked basic wlan questions. It was pretty positive so I was hoping for onsite. Scheduled onsite after a week and it went pretty smooth, 6 people interviewed. few coding questions covering data structures.

Interview Question – Based on wlan technoligies   Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – First ask about the related research/project experiences. Then some basic questions in signal processing, probability, communication theory and information theory. Got stuck on one probability problem, but the interviewer is very patient and lead me to the correct thought gradually. Got the invitation for onsite interview one day later.

Interview Question – Brain teasers   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – meet 5 people.

Interview Question – what's negative frequency? where can you find it?   View Answer

Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview followed by on site interview

Interview Question – Rise, fall, and turn-off delays?   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Interview Details – 3 telephonic interviews and 1 day of Onsite interviews

Interview Question – Questions related to MIMO, OFDM, UMTS, TCP/UDP, WLAN, RTP   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2012.

Interview Details – Questions were asked on bit manipulation like set or clear a bit ,how to change endianness of data, how to detect number of bits set in a byte....
,string manipulation like reverse a string and how would a find first occurrence of a character.... ,asked basic queue functionalities like enqueue and dequeue funcion.and how to insert a node in doubly linked list.....
Also other questions were on resume and projects that I did...

Interview Question – how would you detect whther the stack is growing towards lower addresses or higher addresses   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!