Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Test Engineer

I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

Interview Details – I been asked interviewed on phone as a part of the screening process. As the job was closer to the testing, my interview questions were fully dependent on the programming skills I possess.

Interview Question – Explain where is hadamard codes are used in CDMA technology?   View Answer

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview Details – A two hour technical interview, followed by a four hour technical interview + 1/2 with human resources. Asked to write program in to find greatest common factor, code the bubble sort algorithm, swap a string (end to end) and determine if it is a palindrome, and a parser. Was impressed with most of the people I met. Seems like a good organization.

Interview Question – One of the interviews was with a guy from Brazil. Even though I actually speak Spanish, I had a very hard time understanding him. He asked a question about writing a parser (code something that will extract part of a string and put it in a hash to determine if it is a duplicate). I didn't understand everything he was saying, but didn't want to be rude, so I did the best I could, but I am pretty sure I missed some of what he was saying.   View Answers (2)

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interview

Interview Question – 1. Group Delay for IIR and FIR filter
2. Difference between transport layer and network layer
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Had 1st telephonic interview.... mostly technical last for 50-55 minutes. Recieved call for second telephonic interview which is not scheduled yet

Interview Question – Interview went well as expected   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2010.

Interview Details – 6 interviews. 3 staff enginneers, one manager and 2 directors . 3 rounds were technical questions focussing more on my back ground in communications ications. one was in C programming( basics)

Interview Question – To draw complete block diagram of OFDM   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview invitation via email. Scheduled after 2 weeks(they are flexible with dates).
Interviewer was very friendly. It was a test of very basic C and Hardware knowledge
Got result after 2 weeks via email.
Got rejected due to lack of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Basic C (switch v ifelse, char pointers, linked list etc)   Answer Question
  • Name all pins of a 20 pin microprocessor if you were to design one for a small application and related questions   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2010.

Interview Details – I first had a telephonic interview with engineering staff/manager, it went for about 45 minutes. He asked my recent job experience, wireless protocol related questions, my graduate projects and all. After 1 week on telephonic interview I got an onsite call, there were 8 people for interview panel, each for 40-45 min in person, 4 of them were Engineering manager, 3 of them were senior/staff engineers and 1 HR. In interviews they asked me bunch of wireless protocol related questions, projects, net working concepts, digital communication concepts etc. After around 3 weeks of my onsite Interview, I got an offer from QC.

Interview Question – Give me any example where you were involved in debugging the complex problem and how did you debug it?   View Answer

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Moderately difficult interview process with 6-7 onsite individual interviews after a phone screen.

Interview Question – Systems level debugging for a hypothetical issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took 5 weeks to get the offer in hand after a verbal offer.

Systems Test Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2011.

Interview Details – most questions are related my resume. 70% is about my work expirence, 20% is about my MS and BS thesis work. Some basic questions about telecommunication knowledge. I prepared a lot of stuff infront of me, the most useful thing is laptop. because I can search online sometime. everything goes well. not difficult.

Interview Question – what are the hard and soft decisions?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm Systems Test Engineer interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.