Qualcomm Systems Test Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

Interview

This was a contract position and interview was mainly through phone - 2 of them.This was a contract position and interview was mainly through phone - 2 of them.This was a contract position and interview was mainly through phone - 2 of them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little, they had restrictions from contracting company,

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

A two hour technical interview, followed by a four hour technical interview + 1/2 with human resources. Asked to write program in to find greatest common factor, code the bubble sort algorithm, swap a string (end to end) and determine if it is a palindrome, and a parser. Was impressed with most of the people I met. Seems like a good organization.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviews was with a guy from Brazil. Even though I actually speak Spanish, I had a very hard time understanding him. He asked a question about writing a parser (code something that will extract part of a string and put it in a hash to determine if it is a duplicate). I didn't understand everything he was saying, but didn't want to be rude, so I did the best I could, but I am pretty sure I missed some of what he was saying.   2 Answers

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Had 1st telephonic interview.... mostly technical last for 50-55 minutes. Recieved call for second telephonic interview which is not scheduled yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Two phone interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Group Delay for IIR and FIR filter 2. Difference between transport layer and network layer   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

Interview

I been asked interviewed on phone as a part of the screening process. As the job was closer to the testing, my interview questions were fully dependent on the programming skills I possess.

Interview Questions

• Explain where is hadamard codes are used in CDMA technology?   1 Answer

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview

Phone screening followed by Interviews that stretch the entire day. You are provided with details of people who will interview when you arrive for the interview. Usually interviews take place one after the other.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Telephonic interview invitation via email. Scheduled after 2 weeks(they are flexible with dates). Interviewer was very friendly. It was a test of very basic C and Hardware knowledge Got result after 2 weeks via email. Got rejected due to lack of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Basic C (switch v ifelse, char pointers, linked list etc)   Answer Question
    • Name all pins of a 20 pin microprocessor if you were to design one for a small application and related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Two rounds of Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview 1: Talk about ur Resume ?? Define and Explain TDMA and CDMA .... how to print 1 to 20 numbers that are divisible by 5 (any programming lang)?? As the position is for test Engineer ....He provided Mobile base station situation and questioned on test cases and general idea of digital comm designs   1 Answer
    • Phone Interview 2: Questions related to my thesis... C questions..... How to declare unknown data type in C..........Diff b/w switch and if else......what char is declared for pointer..... pass by value and pass by reference...... debug small code....... Processor Questions...... If der is a low-end microprocessor with 20 pins....How and what pins do you assign??? Importance of each pin(such as i/p,o/p and memoy)....Memory handling insider processor .... Intuitive Question on test-criteria based on mobilr base station situation..........   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

6 interviews. 3 staff enginneers, one manager and 2 directors . 3 rounds were technical questions focussing more on my back ground in communications ications. one was in C programming( basics)

Interview Questions

• To draw complete block diagram of OFDM   1 Answer

Negotiation

not negotiable

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I first had a telephonic interview with engineering staff/manager, it went for about 45 minutes. He asked my recent job experience, wireless protocol related questions, my graduate projects and all. After 1 week on telephonic interview I got an onsite call, there were 8 people for interview panel, each for 40-45 min in person, 4 of them were Engineering manager, 3 of them were senior/staff engineers and 1 HR. In interviews they asked me bunch of wireless protocol related questions, projects, net working concepts, digital communication concepts etc. After around 3 weeks of my onsite Interview, I got an offer from QC.

Interview Questions

• Give me any example where you were involved in debugging the complex problem and how did you debug it?   1 Answer