Qualcomm Systems Test Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Test Engineer Interview

interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

I been asked interviewed on phone as a part of the screening process. As the job was closer to the testing, my interview questions were fully dependent on the programming skills I possess.

Interview Questions
  • Explain where is hadamard codes are used in CDMA technology?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

A two hour technical interview, followed by a four hour technical interview + 1/2 with human resources. Asked to write program in to find greatest common factor, code the bubble sort algorithm, swap a string (end to end) and determine if it is a palindrome, and a parser. Was impressed with most of the people I met. Seems like a good organization.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviews was with a guy from Brazil. Even though I actually speak Spanish, I had a very hard time understanding him. He asked a question about writing a parser (code something that will extract part of a string and put it in a hash to determine if it is a duplicate). I didn't understand everything he was saying, but didn't want to be rude, so I did the best I could, but I am pretty sure I missed some of what he was saying.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Two phone interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. Group Delay for IIR and FIR filter
      2. Difference between transport layer and network layer
        Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Had 1st telephonic interview.... mostly technical last for 50-55 minutes. Recieved call for second telephonic interview which is not scheduled yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2010.

6 interviews. 3 staff enginneers, one manager and 2 directors . 3 rounds were technical questions focussing more on my back ground in communications ications. one was in C programming( basics)

Interview Questions
    • To draw complete block diagram of OFDM   View Answer
    not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Telephonic interview invitation via email. Scheduled after 2 weeks(they are flexible with dates).
    Interviewer was very friendly. It was a test of very basic C and Hardware knowledge
    Got result after 2 weeks via email.
    Got rejected due to lack of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • Basic C (switch v ifelse, char pointers, linked list etc)   Answer Question
    • Name all pins of a 20 pin microprocessor if you were to design one for a small application and related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Two rounds of Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview 1:

Talk about ur Resume ??

Define and Explain TDMA and CDMA ....

how to print 1 to 20 numbers that are divisible by 5 (any programming lang)??

As the position is for test Engineer ....He provided Mobile base station situation and questioned on test cases and general idea of digital comm designs
        View Answer
    • Phone Interview 2:

Questions related to my thesis...

C questions.....
      How to declare unknown data type in C..........Diff b/w switch and if else......what char is declared for pointer..... pass by value and pass by reference...... debug small code.......

Processor Questions......
      If der is a low-end microprocessor with 20 pins....How and what pins do you assign??? Importance of each pin(such as i/p,o/p and memoy)....Memory handling insider processor ....

Intuitive Question on test-criteria based on mobilr base station situation..........
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

very easy going interview, all the people are very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2010.

I first had a telephonic interview with engineering staff/manager, it went for about 45 minutes. He asked my recent job experience, wireless protocol related questions, my graduate projects and all. After 1 week on telephonic interview I got an onsite call, there were 8 people for interview panel, each for 40-45 min in person, 4 of them were Engineering manager, 3 of them were senior/staff engineers and 1 HR. In interviews they asked me bunch of wireless protocol related questions, projects, net working concepts, digital communication concepts etc. After around 3 weeks of my onsite Interview, I got an offer from QC.

Interview Questions
    • Give me any example where you were involved in debugging the complex problem and how did you debug it?   View Answer

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Moderately difficult interview process with 6-7 onsite individual interviews after a phone screen.

Interview Questions
    It took 5 weeks to get the offer in hand after a verbal offer.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!