Qualcomm

3.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview took 1 month. Phone interview came 2 weeks after resume submission on their site. I was brought in for on-site and answered all questions well. Was asked to write C code and explained some basic RF concept.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about how to verify if an RF amplifier is operating in its linear mode?   View Answers (4)

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

over the phone

Interview Questions

didnt fit what I like to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

I had a phone interview scheduled with a hiring manager a few weeks ago. That went fairly well and I received an invitation for an onsite interview. This would start with HR, followed by 5 rounds of technical interviews, and then ending with a director of a separate organization.

Many of the interviewers clearly were not listening to my answers. In one instance I was asked how would one manage/conserve power on a smartphone device. One of the answers I gave included clock scaling and voltage scaling based on demand of the processes running. The whole time the interviewer was checking his phone, rolling his eyes back, and in general making it seem like I was wasting his time. When I was finished answering, he said, what about frequency scaling? To which I replied, that's what I said already.

Another interviewer asked about the software lifecycle. Having a background in systems and knowing that the 2 were familiar, I went with the system lifecycle. When I got to the verification and validation step, the interviewer had only written verification. At that point I said, there's also validation. Giving me a confused look, she asked if there was a difference. Even after explaining it, she asked where I got the definitions from.

Clearly some of these people are stuck in their own world, and any outside knowledge that they are unaware of just isn't possible. That's if you're lucky enough for them to pay attention to you.

I had a pleasurable experience last time I interviewed here. Unfortunately, it was not the case this time. The people were rude and seemed extremely disinterested in the technical rounds with the exception of 1 person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2011.

Skipped phone interview. 3 stages of on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the best method of removing DC offset   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

I applied to the company on their career website; previously knew about them since they are a very large and prominent company in San Diego. Got an e-mail from HR a few days later to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview consisted of two, 45-min interview: a HR person, talking extremely fast about Qualcomm (benefits, etc.) and a short general interest question (Why Qualcomm?), as well as a technical phone interview. The technical interview were just some basic object oriented questions, some specifics on Java (references), and one string manipulation question.

One thing that stuck out to me: the technical phone interviewer did not seem too knowledgeable. She asked me to swap two variables without a temp: gave her the usual XOR answer; she then asked if java had a XOR method. *face-palm* Wasn't sure if she knew how to code or she just knew java after that...

The scheduler got back to me in a week or so to go forward with an on-site interview. I think it got scheduled about 10 days or so later. The on-site interview took up an entire day, and consisted of 7 people, one of who took me out to lunch.

The first person was your basic guide into the company; she basically got a good grasp of what kind of expertise I might have, and added a person the interview list. Second person was awesome, took me out to lunch, but didn't ask questions while eating (I generally like people who understand the importance of food). He mostly asked questions about stacks, linked lists vs, arrays, etc. Next guy asked mostly about working in group dynamics. Most of the interviewers asked "How would you test ____?" and expect you to come up with test cases.

The only hiccup was that the added-on interviewer wasn't quite as prepared as everyone else, but given that it was changed at last minute that was understandable.

Didn't hear back from HR for two weeks, so I sent a follow-up email. HR e-mailed back saying that QCT was going under a re-org, so even though I did well in the interview, they likely won't be hiring anyone for a while. :(

Other Notes:
    PROS -- free lunch~ and free candy in the waiting room :D their facilities are awesome and they let you play with display devices (HTC phones, kindle, nook, anything with a Qualcomm chip in it) in their waiting room in the career building. Also, they will give you rides if you didn't bring a car. They were extremely organized and very professional. (No long waiting times, no interviewers goofing off).

CONS -- Feet hurt a lot after walking back and forth between two buildings. (Would not suggest shoes that wear out their comfort after 2 hours). Rather long wait time between the phone and the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between a linked list and an array? What are the pros and cons? What kind of situations would you use each in?

Can a stack be a queue? Can a queue be a stack?

View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself. How did you get into computer engineering/(insert relevant college major)?

What were your group projects like? How did you decide who did what? Do you prefer to work in groups or alone? Do you prefer big groups or small groups? What's the difference between with just 1 partner vs. many people?

View Answer
    • Initialize a 5 by 5 array with this sequence.

1 2 3 4 5
      6 4 8 9 10
      11 12 9 14 15
      16 17 18 16 20
      21 22 23 24 25

View Answers (7)
    • How do you test a traffic light? How do you test a dvd player?   View Answer
    • Write strcpy (string copy). What test cases would you have?
      Write strrev (string reverse) in place. (temp char is fine)

View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2010.

Initial communication and interview planning were good, although QUALCOMM took weeks to contact me. The interview was all day, mostly technical, with 5 different Engineers. Most interview questions were appropriate for the position applied = ATE Test Engineer. Personal advice to others: A lot of questions came from the resumee.

Interview Questions
    • Write a C/C++ routine that calculates the factorial of a number.   View Answer
    • Why is your resumee only one page long?   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

2 interviews round.

1st round: chit chat session with HR. Then followed by theory test. That small talk with hr. Then interviewed by two managers. Depending on the day/department, will be be interviewed by different number of managers.

2nd round: interview by hr/company director

N/a

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Went through an agency

Test Engineer Interview

Support R&D engineer. Built in a product line on testing. Testing and development new equipment. Tune the yield and check the error on product. Do the experiment to verify panel.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview covered all the basic technical stuffs