Qualcomm Test Technician Interview Questions

3.5

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

I had 6 interviews. 1 Supervisor, 1 Lead, 1 Manager, 1 Hiring Manager, 2 Engineer

Supervisor: Asked me some questions based on my resume and asked me about my background. He asked me about my past jobs, also how I deal with certain situations. What does quality mean to you? How do you deal with an angry customer? Do you know what Qualcomm does? Draw an NPN and PNP transistor on the white board. Write a letter to an engineer stating that you can not continue a test due to technical difficulties. Basically giving me a background about Qualcomm and telling me what my job will be like if i were to get hired.

Hiring Manager: Asked me technical questions. What is a transistor? Solve the total voltage in this circuit? Solve total current? What is the x and y axis of a spectrum analyzer? What is x and y of an O-scope? How do NPN and PNP transistors work? If i were to go in a Microsoft store, which computer would i choose and what would i look for?

Lead: Telling me what position will be like. He had also mentioned that if they didnt like me, i wouldnt be having an interview with him, which is a good sign. Gave me a trick question.. "Follow direction correctly.. Read Instructions first". It had a sequence of directions like "put the red ball in cup 1, then transfer it to cup 2 etc. In the end, it said do nothing with the cups and ball and let the Lead know you are done. I had passed this trick test. Lead just wants to make sure you follow directions correctly.

Engineer: A bit intimidating. Asked me to draw an schematic for an FM radio transmitter since I had put it on my resume that i had built one. However, I dont remember on top of my head so he went on on telling me that i NEED to know that. Also had asked me if i had installed drivers before or built a computer. He said i NEED to know how and it is a must. He was pushing me a bit to know my limits.

Engineer and Manager: Asked me why I chose Qualcomm? What got me into engineering?What do i do on my extra time? Am i familiar with Excel and Microsoft? Do i know how to code? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Interview Questions
  • Draw an FM Transmitter Schematic on the white board   View Answer
Take the position at Qualcomm if offered. One of the best places to work at.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

I got hired through Man Power ( the one from Miratech Drive ) staffing agency. After having an appointment with them, it took like 2 weeks until Qualcomm wanted to see me. I had 2 interviews in the same day.
    First time they asked me what do i know about basic electronics ( what is a diode, transistor ( junction PNP/NPN ), what is the role of transistor, in what it is measured inductance, frequency, voltage...).
    Second time they gave me a sample TIS ( test instruction sheet ), and there were required items ( 3 cups, 4 long bolts, 9 silver flat head bolts...) and more steps ( step 1: place 1 long bolt in each cup, step 2: place 1 flat bolt in cup 2, step 3: remove the long bolt from cup 2 and place it in cup 1...and so on ..) and at the end was saying "do NOT complete any of these steps". The purpose of these exercise was to see if you pay attention to details and if you read all you have to do before staring the test.

Interview Questions
    The offer was already set by ManPower.