Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

This was an interview for a contract position. An hour long technical phone interview was set up in very short time. The interviewer called the specified time, he was prompt. Mainly discussed the resume and go over past projects.

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 Onsite interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, then invited to come on-site. Had to fly from California for the interview and take two days off from work. Interview consisted of a surprise panel. I was not told the details beforehand of who I was meeting so, when I got there, I was surprised by a panel of 5 people. I did really well in spite of being blindsided like that. Everyone was nice and I answered all the questions and conducted myself well (I'm comfortable talking to a group). Next, they sent in another panel to grill me on coding, problem solving, OVM, and other technical validation/verification questions. I answer all of them and when it is over, the hiring manager asks to speak with me one on one. I think he's going to ask about salary requirements, however he asks me how much RTL debug experience I have. I tell him openly that I debug at the interface level, where components connect to a fabric for instance. Later that day I get an email saying they were looking for someone with more design and RTL debug experience. I was confused since I never claimed to have that specific expertise and was very open about that. They could have asked me over the phone and saved a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• How do you verify connectivity of an interface to memory with 6 bits of address and 6 bits of data? Show me a program that will write, read, and verify the connectivity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

it was a nice interview. location in santa clara

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a screener. Was asked general questions about past projects and my role in them. SystemVerilog and UVM.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Questions

• how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty easy. Person did not ask any technical question. I was called for 1:1 engineer with manager, program director and four other engineers. First questions was what do I do. I explained all the technical aspects of my job. Then 1:1 interview with other senior and junior engineers. many questions were from analog design. My only and most important advice is read EVERYTHING from job description. Read every single topic and practice some basic mathematical problems related to job description. Pay close attention to the topics that the person recommends you to read before the 1:1 interview(over the phone). Write it down or record the phone conversation during phone interview. They ask you questions from what they advice you to read. overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Calculate voltage at different nodes of am op amp?   Answer Question
    • What is Buck and boost regulator? how does it work?   1 Answer