Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

This was an interview for a contract position. An hour long technical phone interview was set up in very short time. The interviewer called the specified time, he was prompt. Mainly discussed the resume and go over past projects.

2 Phone interviews and 1 Onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2014.

Phone interview, then invited to come on-site. Had to fly from California for the interview and take two days off from work. Interview consisted of a surprise panel. I was not told the details beforehand of who I was meeting so, when I got there, I was surprised by a panel of 5 people. I did really well in spite of being blindsided like that. Everyone was nice and I answered all the questions and conducted myself well (I'm comfortable talking to a group). Next, they sent in another panel to grill me on coding, problem solving, OVM, and other technical validation/verification questions. I answer all of them and when it is over, the hiring manager asks to speak with me one on one. I think he's going to ask about salary requirements, however he asks me how much RTL debug experience I have. I tell him openly that I debug at the interface level, where components connect to a fabric for instance.

Later that day I get an email saying they were looking for someone with more design and RTL debug experience. I was confused since I never claimed to have that specific expertise and was very open about that. They could have asked me over the phone and saved a lot of time.

Interview Questions
    • How do you verify connectivity of an interface to memory with 6 bits of address and 6 bits of data? Show me a program that will write, read, and verify the connectivity.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

it was a nice interview. location in santa clara

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Had a phone interview with a screener. Was asked general questions about past projects and my role in them. SystemVerilog and UVM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Questions
    • how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2012.

Phone interview was pretty easy. Person did not ask any technical question. I was called for 1:1 engineer with manager, program director and four other engineers. First questions was what do I do. I explained all the technical aspects of my job. Then 1:1 interview with other senior and junior engineers. many questions were from analog design. My only and most important advice is read EVERYTHING from job description. Read every single topic and practice some basic mathematical problems related to job description. Pay close attention to the topics that the person recommends you to read before the 1:1 interview(over the phone). Write it down or record the phone conversation during phone interview. They ask you questions from what they advice you to read. overall very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate voltage at different nodes of am op amp?   Answer Question
    • What is Buck and boost regulator? how does it work?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2011.

I had applied on line for the post in October and got a call by the end of October. But it was strange because they never informed me of the phone interview in advance . He asked me what i was doing now and i explained what i'm working on and when i will be graduating. He then asked me about all the project that i had done.Then concentrated on the vlsi project that i had done .Even though i haven't taken any verification courses , i had worked on test benches for my project ,so explained that. He was satisfied with my explanation and told me i can come for an on site interview.

In the on site interview , i had 3 technical rounds each of 30 min, concentrating mainly on the different projects that i have done , plus few basic qs from digital and analog design .But the questions were very direct and simple and mostly related to verification. I got the results of the interview after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Explain any verification projects that you have done , or projects you can apply the verification process and how?   View Answer