Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm
- Software Engineer (164)
- Intern (67)
- Senior Software Engineer (35)
- Engineer (35)
- Embedded Software Engineer (32)
- Engineering (26)
- Hardware Engineer (19)
- Senior Engineer (19)
- Software Engineer Intern (18)
- Systems Engineer (18)
- Interim Engineering (18)
- Verification Engineer (18)
- Test Engineer (15)
- Systems Test Engineer (14)
- Associate Engineer (13)
- Internship (12)
- Staff Engineer (11)
- Interim Engineering Intern (10)
- Senior Systems Engineer (10)
- ASIC Design Engineer (10)
- Staff Software Engineer (9)
- Design Engineer (9)
- Digital Design Engineer (9)
- Modem Systems Test Engineer (7)
- Design Verification Engineer (6)
- Program Manager (6)
- Modem Test Engineer (6)
- Interim Software Engineer (5)
- Embedded Software Developer (5)
- DSP Firmware Engineer (5)
Wireless Modem ASIC Systems Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.
After I apply the job on their website, I got a phone interview.
- First of all, he asked about the project you have done. Then he asked me two problems related to probability and static. One is to calculate the pdf of the random variable which is function of a set of iid random variables, the other is to derive the MAP for given random variable with specific distribution. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm
ASIC Wireless Modem Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.
An Indian guy called me on the phone. Asked me two questions about my resume and then two communications questions. Then he started math puzzles, he seemed extremely interested in math puzzles, after two math puzzles, he just wanted to continued with more math puzzles. I had to interrupt to ask him to give some more details about this job position. He was CLEARLY IRRITATED at my request (that he should ask job specific questions) and DISCONTINUED the interview. I subsequently got a normal REJECTION notice from Qualcomm HR.
Wireless Modem ASIC Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2009.
I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The interviewer called me at the arranged time and was very nice. At the beginning, he asked me general questions (to describe my education, the projects I did, etc). After about 15-20 min, he asked me a few technical questions. At the end, I asked the interviewer a few questions about the company. My advice to the future interviewees (apart from being courteous) is to not ask for validation when answering technical questions and to appear self confident (although you may not know the exact answer).
- You are given 2 receiver antennae and one transmitter antenna. Describe what happens to the received signal when changing the distance between receivers (close and far apart). Answer Question