Quality Food Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.0

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quality Food.

Interview

I spoke with a district recruiter in another store, and she sent to another store in her district. I went down and talked with the store managers. They asked me some basic questions about customer service and my work habits. I went to work for them the next week.

Negotiation

Union job, no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online after seeing a sign in the store's window saying they were hiring. I had already applied like two months ago, but never heard anything, so I applied again. I got a call a few days later, which I missed, asking me to call back so I could set up an interview. I called back the next morning, but the hiring person wasn't in yet, so I had to call back a few hours later. Then she just asked what times would be good for me to come in, I said pretty much any time Friday or Saturday would work, and she asked if 1:30 on Friday would work.

I came in about 10 minutes early, but the interviewer wasn't there yet, so I had to sit in the small employee break room until she showed up. She was very friendly, and told me upfront that even though I was one of the few people who had applied who was suitable for an interview, a bunch of people already working in the store had also applied and if their interviews went well, they'd get the cashier position, but she also asked if there would be any other positions I'd be interested in in that case. I said I'd be okay with the front-end/bagging stuff.

So we went through the interview questions, she said she'd call in about a week to tell me what was up. She never actually did call me, but I ran into her while shopping at the grocery store and she said the position had gone to someone in-store, like she said would probably happen. I was bummed, but I live right near this particular store so it wasn't like a huge inconvenience and waste of time like some of my other job interviews had been.

There weren't a lot of entries for this store on here, so there ended up being some questions I wasn't prepared for, but they're all pretty standard retail questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you/what can you offer?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a coworker/teammate wasn't pulling their own weight?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you delivered great customer service.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quality Food (Corvallis, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was step up by my school. It's a summer internship program that hires pharmacy students to work for their pharmacy department. Interviews were 40-minute intervals.

Interview Questions

• What would be three best traits that your best friend will say about you?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quality Food (Redmond, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

I walked in to see the Bookkeeper. She gave me a few items of paperwork to fill out, asked me a few basic questions, and handed me an apron and informed me of when training would be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The interview was very easy.

Assistant Freight Boss Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quality Food (Browns Point, WA) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process is pretty basic. They ask you if you have had retail experience before. If you have had Management experience before. If they already have your resume they should know that, but they like to hear it from you. They ask you about your 10-Key and Customer Services abilities. They want to know how you deal under pressure and what steps you take the ensure the appointed task gets finished.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions I was not expecting, as I had not be new to the interview process at the time. One question though, that will throw some people off, is something along the lines of

"What is/are your biggest weakness/es?"

1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to negotiate on Pay, but because of my past retail experience, that was not difficult.