Quality Inn & Suites

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Quality Inn & Suites.

Interview Details – I was a little skeptical about the interview. First, the ownership did not want to meet at the property. I have been in the hotel industry for 7 years and this was the first time I had been asked to interview off property. They asked me to meet them at Applebee's. At the time I was living in the city where the job was so I had to travel a great distance to the location. Which was fine since I was trying to move to the city anyways. However, they only said "Applebee's off X hwy". There are 3 of them. I had to ask which one they meant and they responded by telling me to figure it out. That should have been my first sign in hindsight. When I got there I had to wait for about 20 mins while they finished another interview. When It was my turn they would not make a lot of eye contact with me. They continued to look around at other people. They would point, ask and look away. They also used false names I learned later when I met them originally. When I arrived for my first day none of the staff was prepared for me to start. I had to wait an hour for them to get in touch with the interviewers to confirm I was a new higher. I was trained by very poor staff members as there was no manager. The staff was not aware but a new manager was starting shortly after I did. He had to be trained by the poor performing staff as well. The whole starting experience was very bad and with as much experience as I had I should have taken off to find a better position right then.

Interview Question – They wanted me to answer questions using a hotel program that I had not used before. They did not mention having this specific program software in their ad. When they showed me the information I let them know that I had not worked on that software yet but they told me that if I had hotel experience I should be able to figure out the answers as "all hotel software is the same" Well, no its not. They are all very different unless you are comparing hotels from the same chains. Each chain uses a drastically different software. Turns out in the end they did not know how to operate the software themselves. But I did not discover this for about a year after employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted $10 an hour they asked me to accept $8 with a 30 day review to follow and if the review was positive I would be raised to 9.50. I accepted this offer as I really needed a job to move but it was 6 months before I got a raise and only after I threatened to leave.

Front Desk Position Interview

Front Desk Position
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Quality Inn & Suites in February 2014.

Interview Details – Instead of interviewing with one person, they had 3. Two of the people were professional, polite, and friendly. The thirty person.. would not go by common courtesy and let me finish answers. .went so far as to tear off a piece of my resume and start eating it. Highly unprofessional. Made it plain he thought I was something beneath his shoes.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. . They just didn't know the difference between collection and lease merchandising or credit building.   Answer Question

Fort Myers, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quality Inn & Suites in June 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an application locally, got called almost like one month later and was asked to come in for an interview, asked basic questions about my resume and asked simple question regarding customer service and was told to come in for training the following week.

Interview Question – How can you deal with a guest who un happy with the room?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate to $9/HR instead of the $8 being offered.

Interviewed at Quality Inn & Suites

Interview Details – Easy process. Sent in interview in person. Called the hotel frequently to see if hiring manager was reviewing application. Received interview with District Manager and was hired on spot.

Interview Question – Just described job responsibilities with me. No interview questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable with salary. Minimum wage,

HOUSEMAN Interview

HOUSEMAN
Kill Devil Hills, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Quality Inn & Suites in June 2010.

Interview Details – It basically was short and sweet. I went in and asked for a application, and the HR manager referred me to the top manager and she took me into the back office after completing my application and offered me the job. Overall the process was very extremely easy and satisfied.

Interview Question – When can you work?   Answer Question

House Keeping Interview

House Keeping

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Quality Inn & Suites.

Interview Details – I waited 20 min for an interview with a very unprofessional lady who spent that 20 min talking to co-workers about going out the nite before. She was more concerned with my home life and how many kids i had and who would take care of them than anything else.

Interview Question – She asked me why i wanted to work in house keeping and what was a driving factor in my applying for the job.   View Answer

Worked for Quality Inn & Suites? Contribute to the Community!