Quality Systems

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quality Systems

Manager, Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Quality Systems.

Recruiter was professional, but not much personality. Interview process was very generic, and didn't get into the detail I was expecting. For my manager position, I expected something more about the position and skills needed.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you developed and executed training for managers at your company. Walk me through how you incorporated role-playing into the training, and how you displayed the skills on which you were training."   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. Was told "this is all we can do."

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Quality Systems in September 2010.

The first Interview was with HR. The second interview was with the Assistant Controller and the former Payroll Manager. The final interview was with the VP Controller. The new management style in the HR department since July 2011 is interested in high energy and a more micro management style for this position. I would recommend being very enthusiastic and bring your game to this interview due to the fact that they form opinions right away based on that fact. However, they are very open-minded regarding race, age and other factors. The employees at the company are very nice and it is a great place to work. The culture does still have a team environment focus. The candidate should also be prepared for acquisitions and mergers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in your team where there is conflict and a volatile situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to terminate anyone and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my salary and hours. The hours were flexible. However, I no longer feel that is the case with the new HR VP. The compensation and hours are pretty much set now.

Implementation/Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quality Systems in April 2010.

When you log onto the company website and click on employment, it states that they are not currently accepting internet applications. So I decided to be ballsy, and emailed my resume and cover letter to the HR department; basically stating that I had worked with their programming for 5 years, and was interested in a training position with the company if one ever became available.
        Two days later, I recieved an email stating they were hiring for a trainer, and wanted to set up a phone interview. I gave her my number and a couple of options as to my availability. She emailed me back and set up a time. Called me about half an hour late, asked me just a couple questions in regards to salary requirements, and how comfortable I would be with travel; as the position requires travel 75% of the time.
       At the end of the interview, she said she would get in touch with the Vice-President of Implementations and set up an interview with her the following week. Well, the next week came and went, so I kept at it. And after multiple emails back and forth, and several requests for an interview. I finally got an appointment set up for another phone interview with the VP of Implementations.
       She called on time, asked me your typical interview questions, I.E. "Tell me about yourself?" "What kind of experience with the program do you have?" Etc...
         Two weeks later, I got an email requesting to fly me out for a physical interview. A down and back thing. I flew out the next week, first thing in the morning. I was picked up at the airport, and the interview began. Had a quick tour of the corporate office, met the people I would be interview with, and sat down with the HR consultant. Spent about an hour being interviewed by her, was then sent to the VP for a sit down interview with her. Her and her husband took me to a really nice lunch, which I used as my time to interview them about the company. We went back to the office, and I continued interviewing with the VP, after that I was sent down the hall to the Customer Service Supervisor, spent 20 or so minutes being interview by him in regards to my program knowledge. Was sent to another office to speak with the lady I had been dealing with from the start.
        She gave me a rundown on the position, told me what would be expected of me if I was offered the job, about the benefits within the position, and then took me back to the airport to fly home. The whole proccess took about 5 hours. (So remember to hydrate!)
        The following Monday I was called and offered the position, the background check paperwork was sent to me, and I filled it out, scanned it and emailed it back.

Interview Questions
    • What was it that made you apply for the position?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my salary pretty easily, I recieved $4k more than they originally offered. The per-deim was a little more difficult, but I managed an extra $5 a day for food.