Qualtrics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

3.2

360 Services Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualtrics.

Typical phone interview. You need to act really passionate about SaaS, Was told I'd hear back in the middle of the next week and did not hear back for nearly two weeks. A little unprofessional. Did not receive a second interview, but did not like the person interviewing me either so I feel good about it.

Corporate Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualtrics.

Pretty Basic questions over the phone and then 10 video interviews you record and submit online. I felt like they were very upfront about what they wanted and I could tell by the interview questions if I would be a good fit for the job or not.

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualtrics.

They started out the interview by asking my GPA. They proceeded to ask mostly behavioral questions, but also asked you to explain a little bit more about details on your resume. At the end you are given an opportunity to ask the interviewer any questions you may have. I have heard from several people that Qualtrics is extremely stringent when it comes to GPA cutoffs, even though they did not have one listed on their application. I asked if there is anything a candidate can do to overcome a slightly low GPA, and was told that there was nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time you didn't know the answer to a question.   Answer Question

Client Success Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics in February 2015.

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. I honestly didn't even consider applying for the company until she reached out to me. I then met with some of the recruiters at my University's career fair and really hit it off with them. They were interviewing on campus the next day, but I skipped that step and went immediately into interviewing over video chat.

This was honestly one of the most fun and quick interview processes I have gone through. It wasn't even so much of an interview as it was about having a conversation with the team. The interview panel consisted of different people from different departments, such as sales, client success, marketing, etc. I also has an interview with the director of client success, Drew. Overall, a very easy going process - if you click with their culture, it's a breeze. All the interviews were done via GoToMeetings (web cam) and I didn't get to come on-site (which was the only negative thing I thought personally), but it could have just been me. The option to come on-site was discussed but it never happened. Other candidates might have gotten a chance to go.

I asked a lot of questions about the role, the growth of the company, the direction in which Drew sees the client success team going, etc. Just do your research on the company and you'll be fine. They have a VERY relaxed feel about them, all were down to earth. I had my last interview with them on Friday and heard back by Tuesday with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Qualtrics?
      Tell me about a weakness of yours and how you recognized it?
      Tell me about a time when you had an angry client.
      How would you deal with a situation where one of your teammates wasn't pulling the weight?

Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics in February 2015.

Initial phone interview went well. Phone screen was longer than average. Gave no reason for rejection, just an email a week later. Was told they would follow up with me, but instead got a generic HR "John Deere" letter.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult problem you've solved? Break down how you solved it.   Answer Question

Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics in February 2015.

They called for a phone interview, set up a face-to-face interview, then called me in to shadow for half an hour. I was interviewed by 5 different people. Very nice and interesting but I applied to one position and then they interviewed me for a different one and wanted me to defend my reasons for applying.

Manager Interview

They asked for GPA from my undergraduate and graduate programs, the most recent over 15 years ago. Yeah, I didn't consult at McKinsey or BC and my GPA wasn't in the top 5%, so I didn't make the first cut. Smells like some elitism.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualtrics.

I dropped off my resume at the career fair for my school. About two weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a phone interview. The 1st phone interview went well and I was told that the recruiter would follow through by scheduling an interview with an engineer. I waited for a week then was contacted by a second recruiter who wanted to schedule an initial interview for a different position. I'm still not sure what happened in their process, but someone made a mistake and I decided to move onto a company that would value my time.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics.

Applied online, received an email from an address to which you can't reply. Strike one. So I reached out to the recruiter via phone, scheduled a phone interview.

The interview, I thought, went awesome. I was on point through the entire thing. I thought for sure I'd at least get a second interview. A couple days after, I received an automated 'no-reply' email dismissing my application. Strike two. These emails are a way to protect the recruiters from candidates, helps them hide behind their computer screens, fortifies their recruitment paradigm that suggests they just don't have enough time to send an email that took 20 seconds to compose. So, so busy.

I reached out to the recruiter for feedback. They had gone with candidates with more Saas experience. Then she included this odd refrain, "We feel that you have very valuable skills and we encourage you to pursue working hard and improving yourself." What does that even mean? Since when are recruiters in the business of offering advice? Improve myself? I wasn't aware that my moral inclinations, values, whatever were an element of consideration...

She encouraged me to apply for other positions. So I asked her about another open position I was interested in. Without hesitation, she said the same reason [not enough Saas experience] makes me unqualified for that position, as well. I was personally appalled at how quickly that determination was made. No additional dialogue to assess my fitness for that position. In my experience, when a recruiter behaves the way this girl did, there is usually a poorly informed - or illegal - reason for the disqualification.

I would encourage self-respecting candidates to go elsewhere. Other reviews echo these same ongoing recruitment issues. They are not in the business of talent acquisition. Rather, they are consumed with filling their ranks with their cronies. An organization that participates in such recruitment practices will never realize its full potential.

Interview Questions
    • I had a hard time answering when I was available for an interview due to the fact that the 'reply-to' email address was invalid.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics in November 2014.

I was approached by a recruiter via LinkedIn. I had 1 interview with the HR. Second phone interview was with a technical recruiter. Finally, I interviewed via video call. There were 4 engineers. The process took 2 hours. First half focused on programming and data structures. Second half was on databases, algorithm and object oriented design.

Interview Questions
    • Design a Library management system. Some SQL queries. One tricky algorithm question.   View Answer