Qualtrics Interview Questions in Provo, UT

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT).

Interview

It was a multi stage interview process. I thought I was interviewing for a front end developer job but when we got to the final interview, they said it was for some algorithm job. I don't remember the title but it wasn't the job I applied for. Other than that, Qualtics is a super cool company. I might apply again someday

Interview Questions

• They asked a couple algorithm questions but I don't remember the details   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a total of 5 interviews, where they questioned me at length in each one about my "very low" GPA (it's around a 3.1--not stellar, but not abysmal, either). I was very frustrated by their fixation on academics (especially considering that, from what I've heard, several of the founders/higher-ups never even finished college!). When I arrived for my first interview, I was asked to complete "intake paperwork"--which ended up including only my name, desired position, GPA, ACT score, and signature. Sure, sometimes GPA is a decent indicator when a candidate has no other experience, but I had 3 years of relevant experience that were discounted because of my relatively low GPA, and also easily passed the HTML test they gave me. If they had heard my GPA, decided it was too low, and written me off after the first phone interview, that's one thing, but sending me through the entire interview process, over the course of more than a month and expressing some pretty overt dissatisfaction with my academic performance was a bit rude, I think. They also were very negative about it--they didn't just ask me to describe my academic experience or ask me to talk about my dedication to my schooling, they outright asked things like, "Your GPA is pretty low--can you explain why?" or even (and this shocked me) "I had the same major as you at the same university, and I graduated with a 3.95--so I know the classes aren't hard. Can you explain to me your GPA?" I definitely got the feeling that they were looking down on me throughout the entire process, and that rubbed me the wrong way. Yes, they're a growing company, they can probably afford to be picky, but I just didn't get the feeling that they valued my time or qualifications, even after the 5th interview. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but can it really hurt to be a little "kinder than necessary" to your applicants? If they are going to base qualification solely on academia for jobs unrelated to field of study, that's their prerogative, but I really think I could have done the job very well, and it's a bummer that they neglected to see that.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA? Please explain. Can you explain why that doesn't seem to match your ACT score?   Answer Question
    • I graduated with the same degree as you, with a 3.95, so I know your classes weren't hard... please explain your GPA.   1 Answer
    • How many cats are there in Provo? Please produce an actual number you're confident in.   1 Answer
    • If you don't get this job, what are your plans?   1 Answer

Product Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with the normal get to know each other questions. How did you find out about our company? Tell me more about yourself. When did you graduate? Overall, the interviewer was very polite and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult situations that you had ever encountered?   Answer Question

Sales - Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone pre-screening interview, and then went in-person (two weeks later because I was out of town). I took a tour of the building and was interviewed in two stages with a total of three people. They asked a lot of interesting questions, so it felt more like a discussion. They were also very interested in getting to know me as a person. They look for a very diverse culture in the workplace, it seems. Everyone was very friendly, and it was probably the most fun I've ever had in a job interview. They called me the Monday after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the difference is between working hard and working smart?   Answer Question

Senior Role On Client Success Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online . Following is the sequence of interviews I had 1. Video interview with head of operations 2. Video interview with head of client success 3. Video interview with head of professional services 4. Video interview with a manager from operations 5. Video interview with a finance team member At the end of five interviews, I was called for onsite interview (flew to SLC the prev night) 6. in person interview with head of sales operations 7. in person interview with head of engg 8. in person interview with head of operations 9. in person interview with a manager from sales operations 10. in person interview with a manager from client success 11. Video interview with a another member from client success team The recruiter reached out to me and said that the executive team met and that they wanted to proceed with final round of interviews 12. phone interview with VP of finance 13. phone interview with CEO 14. Video interview with co-founder At the end I learnt that though everyone liked me , they did not want to give me an offer. Moral of the story is that no matter how much they tell they like you etc etc... don't celebrate till you get the offer When I inquired with my internal sources in Qualtrics, I learnt that there was some internal politics and that one person vetoed me during the executive meeting and so I did not get the offer. My learning from the entire process is that while Qualtrics has done great job of positioning/advertising itself as a strong company with positive values and unique culture, I am not sure that fully know what they are looking for. I also got a sense that some of the roles are just there to test the waters and find out what type of job description attracts what type of candidates so that the job description can be tweaked. All the best to Qualtrics team and hope they achieve great success. List of questions (there was heavy repetition , after 9th interview I stopped preparing since I basically knew all the questions they would ask) 1. Describe a difficult client situation and how you handled it 2. Suppose u need to board a plane to Paris and open a office there what do you need? 3. Design an elevator for 60 floor building 4. tell about a time when you failed 5. walk me thru ur resume 6. Why qualtrics The entire process took about 8 weeks. I felt that the process could have been shorter and it would have saved everyone time.

Sales Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Since I was far from the headquarters, it was all done over the phone and through e-mail. After returning a few e-mails back and forth, set up a phone interview. The man I talked with was extremely nice and helpful, though I felt we clicked and it went well, they ended up going with another candidate, but if I had the option I'd still apply and go through with them.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA? If there is something that you would set you apart from the other candidates to help you get this position, what would you say it is?   Answer Question

Client Success Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by about 2 hours of on-site interviews (4 different interviewers). They were fairly casual interviews. I was told they would get back to me the following week. The didn't, so sent a follow up email. The next day I received an email notifying me that they were no longer considering me for the position.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about experience and what I did in each role. Multiple questions about what I knew about Qualtrics. A few other random questions: Describe yourself using only one word. What is your greatest strength? Weakness? They asked me a hypothetical question: if we gave you a book of business today with 40 or so clients, how would you decide what to do first and which clients most needed your assistance? They also asked me my ACT score (it's been about 12 years since I took the ACT, so I found this question to be slightly strange).   Answer Question

Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

They called for a phone interview, set up a face-to-face interview, then called me in to shadow for half an hour. I was interviewed by 5 different people. Very nice and interesting but I applied to one position and then they interviewed me for a different one and wanted me to defend my reasons for applying.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview experience was a very long process. Started with a phone interview which went well and was mostly about my experience. I was told I would hear back in a day or two, took much longer. I was finally contacted to come in for an on-site interview. This was about 3 hours and was extremely technical. During the interview was a pleasant experience. They were good people (overall worked with 6 different engineers) and it felt not a whole lot like an interview but more like a team. They corrected me on some of my mistakes and I corrected them on some of their mistakes. Exhausting but that was fun. Again was told I would hear in the next day or so. Week or two went by and finally they said they were "going another direction." I thought that was the end of it but then was contacted by the recruiter again and asked if I was interested in a very similar job. I said I was and therefore had a video interview which was fine and was a very good guy but he did it at his house (I blame Qualtics for that one and not the interviewer) which was distracting with his child crying and wanting attention and seemed very uncomfortable for him. After a week of waiting again on the recruiter they wanted me to come in for another 3 hour interview on site (even though my previous one was just a month or two before.) At which point I didn't like how they didn't value my time (getting to their offices takes about 3 hours each way for me which they were aware of 3+3+3 = 9 hours that I had already spent with the first interview and then just a month or two after they wanted me to do it again.) I forgot to turn down the interview and about a month later received an email with a job offer. This is on top of being told after the video and on site interview that the last step is talking with the CIO (I think that was the title, either way it wasn't a technical interview or a very lengthy one) so it doesn't look like that process exists anymore/followed. Overall during the interviews was a enjoyable difficult experience but working with HR and the recruiters was a ridiculous experience and absolutely broken process. I was very excited at the prospect of working at Qualtrics but the interview put me off of their company as a whole which is very unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Implement a binary search   Answer Question
    • Pretend you have to implement a white elephant gift exchange where everyone needs to give a present to someone else and not receive their own how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • Implement the schema of a IMDB like system. What would your REST API look like for that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT).

Interview

I dropped off my resume at the career fair for my school. About two weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a phone interview. The 1st phone interview went well and I was told that the recruiter would follow through by scheduling an interview with an engineer. I waited for a week then was contacted by a second recruiter who wanted to schedule an initial interview for a different position. I'm still not sure what happened in their process, but someone made a mistake and I decided to move onto a company that would value my time.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume.   Answer Question