Qualtrics Interview Questions in Provo, UT

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.3

Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

They called for a phone interview, set up a face-to-face interview, then called me in to shadow for half an hour. I was interviewed by 5 different people. Very nice and interesting but I applied to one position and then they interviewed me for a different one and wanted me to defend my reasons for applying.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview experience was a very long process. Started with a phone interview which went well and was mostly about my experience. I was told I would hear back in a day or two, took much longer. I was finally contacted to come in for an on-site interview. This was about 3 hours and was extremely technical. During the interview was a pleasant experience. They were good people (overall worked with 6 different engineers) and it felt not a whole lot like an interview but more like a team. They corrected me on some of my mistakes and I corrected them on some of their mistakes. Exhausting but that was fun. Again was told I would hear in the next day or so. Week or two went by and finally they said they were "going another direction." I thought that was the end of it but then was contacted by the recruiter again and asked if I was interested in a very similar job. I said I was and therefore had a video interview which was fine and was a very good guy but he did it at his house (I blame Qualtics for that one and not the interviewer) which was distracting with his child crying and wanting attention and seemed very uncomfortable for him. After a week of waiting again on the recruiter they wanted me to come in for another 3 hour interview on site (even though my previous one was just a month or two before.) At which point I didn't like how they didn't value my time (getting to their offices takes about 3 hours each way for me which they were aware of 3+3+3 = 9 hours that I had already spent with the first interview and then just a month or two after they wanted me to do it again.) I forgot to turn down the interview and about a month later received an email with a job offer. This is on top of being told after the video and on site interview that the last step is talking with the CIO (I think that was the title, either way it wasn't a technical interview or a very lengthy one) so it doesn't look like that process exists anymore/followed.

Overall during the interviews was a enjoyable difficult experience but working with HR and the recruiters was a ridiculous experience and absolutely broken process. I was very excited at the prospect of working at Qualtrics but the interview put me off of their company as a whole which is very unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Implement a binary search   Answer Question
    • Pretend you have to implement a white elephant gift exchange where everyone needs to give a present to someone else and not receive their own how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • Implement the schema of a IMDB like system. What would your REST API look like for that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT).

Interview

I dropped off my resume at the career fair for my school. About two weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a phone interview. The 1st phone interview went well and I was told that the recruiter would follow through by scheduling an interview with an engineer. I waited for a week then was contacted by a second recruiter who wanted to schedule an initial interview for a different position. I'm still not sure what happened in their process, but someone made a mistake and I decided to move onto a company that would value my time.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume.   Answer Question

Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT).

Interview

Fairly straightforward, 5 hour total interview time over Skype. It was clear that management was in a rush to hire, hire, hire as the company grows. It was a little unorganized, which is fairly representative of the company (all attributed to the rapid change that's occurring as a result of growing so quickly). Fairly unprofessionally casual, but I didn't mind. Was told to wear a shirt and tie over Facetime, and I did. Could have easily worn a white t-shirt.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or technical questions. Once they like you (you're being personable), it's more a conversation... and a persuasive one, at that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation...

Panel Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

My buddy referred me to work at Qualtrics. Which guaranteed an initial assessment interview. The first interview was pretty typical and over the phone. They ask the typical interview questions and were very helpful to answer all of my questions.

The second set of interviews were onsite. They gave me the option to Skype or to meet in person. I chose to meet in person. The interview were great, I gained a greater appreciation for the company and greater excitement for the sales team. I felt my previous experience well equipped me to answer the questions and I thought I nailed it. Come to find out, that the interviewers didn't think I was excited enough. Which blew me away because I drove 10 hours for the interview. Understand that I do have a more reserved personality, though I wouldn't say in the least that I am an introvert.

My buddy help to convince them to interview me again. The next interview went very similarly. Not I have been playing the waiting game for nearly 2 weeks with no response. So I do not think I am going to get it.

I am frustrated that spite my awesome B2B sales experience, my confidence, and sacrifice, they were hiring for personality. Next time I will try and be more Spongebob and less myself.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fear or hesitation about working at Qualtrics?   1 Answer

Client Success Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through university recruiting. Was contacted promptly by multiple recruiters for the company. They set up an initial phone screen via email communication. Then they asked me to come in to the office for in-person interviews. The in-office interviews took 3 hours. Interviewers were different company executives- all very impressive and polished. The office is nice as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Qualtrics? What do you know about our programs? Tell me about a time when...? Where do you see yourself in five years? etc. etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT).

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by their tech recruiter. I initially had no interest in moving to Utah but the company looked very interesting after researching it. Seems to be in that stage where its about to break through to be a world wide brand. Which is typically the best time to join a company. I responded and we set up a phone interview the next day.

Recruiter phone interview: The first interview was by phone and with their tech recruiter. We basically talked about my overall experience briefly and then about a specific project I worked on. He asked a lot of questions to dig deeper about specifics and why we made certain decisions in the project. We then spent 20-30min talking about Utah, different areas in the area, and relocation in general (I'm in DC). I was concerned about the "culture" of Utah and he did a really good job explaining his previous perceptions on the area and how most of them are exaggerated. We then scheduled a time to do another phone interview with an engineer 2 days later.

Engineer phone interview: The second interview was by phone with a team lead. We talked about my technical experience and familiarity with specific technologies. There were a handful of behavioral questions and high level technical questions. He said the recruiter would get back in touch with me shortly after. I got an email about 20min after the interview asking me how it went on my end and that they wanted to do a 3 hour video interview with me.

Video Interview: This part was a bit weird to get used to. The interview is actually a little over 3 hours long. It started with 5min with the Recruiter to get set up. Overall I met with 6 engineers in sets of 2 for roughly an hour each. The first group tended to focus on my OO and design skills. The second was around database and database design. This was tough because I'm not a dba guy. The third group focused on coding problems. We used a web interface called Collabedit which I liked better than white boarding. I got to pick my language of choice and solve their riddles. The majority of the hour was spent on one problem and then they would through in different angles to it and question your decision making. The recruiter came back in at the end and explained I would hear from him after the team had a chance to share feedback. He reached out the next day and said he wanted to fly me in. I worked with an assistant on the flight details.

On-site visit: I flew in the night before my interview and I was scheduled for 2 days. My hotel was in Park City, which is about 30 minutes away from the Salt Lake airport and over 45min away from the Qualtrics office. I thought that was weird but Ive always wanted to go to Park City. I just wished it was still snowing. I was picked up by the recruiter the next morning who drove me to the office. Apparently he and a handful of employees live there. At the office I got a tour. It is a really cool office with lots of open space, kitchens, couches, no offices, conference rooms are glass so you can see in, engineering has a whole floor for just engineers, and yes, the dog from the video is actually running around in the office. However he doesn't really like to be pet. I met with the CTO. We spent about an hour together going over my background and through architectural discussions. Through his questions I was asked a lot of probing questions on decisions and why I made them. This is the company culture check to find out if your a good or bad fit. I then spent some time in a demo from one of the teams which was really cool. The recruiter drove me through the Provo and Orem area, then we drove up to Salt Lake and around some of the areas he said are the popular areas. We had a beer at a cool place in downtown Salt Lake proving you can get beer in Utah (this was a selling point for me) much a block away from the mormon temple. We drove up to Park City and had dinner on main street with a few employees that live there. I felt wined and dined which made me feel like I did well in the interviews. I had the entire next day to explore on my own and was put in touch with a real estate agent if I wanted to see some places to get a feel for the area. I thought that was cool but decided to drive around and check out areas myself. Having never been to Utah, it is bigger than I thought and really pretty with the mountains bearing down on you. Though I heard air quality is a concern in the winter.

Offer: The recruiter told me I wouldn't hear till after the upcoming friday. Apparently all candidates they want to make an offer to go through an executive committee who has the opportunity to veto a candidate. He called me that next friday to discuss the details of the offer. Unfortunately, my wife vetoed relocation after she told me she is expecting with our first. With all our family in the DC area, it would be tough to make the move with a little one. I wish they had a DC office.

Interview Questions

• white elephant gift exchange where you can't give to the person who gave to you or to yourself.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via Linkedin by a recruiter while I was still an undergraduate student. He then scheduled a time for us to talk on the phone, just for some screening questions. Before I talked to him I read about Qualtrics and what the position was so that I felt prepared. He mostly asked about my resume, my availability, and what I knew about Qualtrics.

I was then contacted and invited on site for some interviews. These were a little more intense than the simple screening call. I was given a tour of Qualtrics and then had 4 interviews, each took about 10 minutes.

Some interviewers asked about my experience on my resume, some asked behavioral questions, and then I was hit with some strategical questions. That caught me a little off guard. I am not sure what they were looking for in those questions, but I have heard from other people that they got similar questions.

After those interviews, I was contacted just a few days later with the offer. It was about a 2 week period from when the recruiter first made contact with me to when I was offered the position.

I was offered the position while I had 1 semester of school left. When I graduated, I had to "re-apply" to be full-time. This was a little silly in my mind because I was doing well and my manager liked me, so I felt that bringing this up to the hiring team was a little redundant when I had already been offered and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain Analysis of Variance to a 3rd grader?   Answer Question
    • If you were given a plane ticket to Russia and were told to start an office for Qualtrics there tomorrow, what would be your first steps of action?   Answer Question
    • What is the square footage of this room?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to study your particular major for your undergraduate?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

At first arrival I was given a tour of the building and the departments. I was then put through a series of interviews with many different stakeholders. The process was fair and allowed for a good give and take. The people seemed intelligent and hard working the questions open and fairly standard. I liked the process and the people.

Interview Questions

• Asked to decipher a bit of code.   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

They first show you around their offices (which to their credit is a pretty cool office) and then sit you down for a first interview. Pretty typical questions asked regarding how you react to certain situations etc, then they have a second and third interview which are more technical and are done by senior management. They pretty much assume you want to work there and kind of treat you like you're an idiot if you don't want to work there because the "company is so awesome". The senior manager that interviewed me was a nerdier guy that didn't really have too much of people skills.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you random "technical" questions such as sq. root of 19 or degrees of change on a clock.   Answer Question