Qualtrics

3.3

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualtrics.

I dropped off my resume at the career fair for my school. About two weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a phone interview. The 1st phone interview went well and I was told that the recruiter would follow through by scheduling an interview with an engineer. I waited for a week then was contacted by a second recruiter who wanted to schedule an initial interview for a different position. I'm still not sure what happened in their process, but someone made a mistake and I decided to move onto a company that would value my time.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume.   Answer Question

Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualtrics.

Fairly straightforward, 5 hour total interview time over Skype. It was clear that management was in a rush to hire, hire, hire as the company grows. It was a little unorganized, which is fairly representative of the company (all attributed to the rapid change that's occurring as a result of growing so quickly). Fairly unprofessionally casual, but I didn't mind. Was told to wear a shirt and tie over Facetime, and I did. Could have easily worn a white t-shirt.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or technical questions. Once they like you (you're being personable), it's more a conversation... and a persuasive one, at that.   Answer Question
    No negotiation...

Panel Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics in September 2014.

My buddy referred me to work at Qualtrics. Which guaranteed an initial assessment interview. The first interview was pretty typical and over the phone. They ask the typical interview questions and were very helpful to answer all of my questions.

The second set of interviews were onsite. They gave me the option to Skype or to meet in person. I chose to meet in person. The interview were great, I gained a greater appreciation for the company and greater excitement for the sales team. I felt my previous experience well equipped me to answer the questions and I thought I nailed it. Come to find out, that the interviewers didn't think I was excited enough. Which blew me away because I drove 10 hours for the interview. Understand that I do have a more reserved personality, though I wouldn't say in the least that I am an introvert.

My buddy help to convince them to interview me again. The next interview went very similarly. Not I have been playing the waiting game for nearly 2 weeks with no response. So I do not think I am going to get it.

I am frustrated that spite my awesome B2B sales experience, my confidence, and sacrifice, they were hiring for personality. Next time I will try and be more Spongebob and less myself.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest fear or hesitation about working at Qualtrics?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualtrics.

I was contacted on LinkedIn by their tech recruiter. I initially had no interest in moving to Utah but the company looked very interesting after researching it. Seems to be in that stage where its about to break through to be a world wide brand. Which is typically the best time to join a company. I responded and we set up a phone interview the next day.

Recruiter phone interview: The first interview was by phone and with their tech recruiter. We basically talked about my overall experience briefly and then about a specific project I worked on. He asked a lot of questions to dig deeper about specifics and why we made certain decisions in the project. We then spent 20-30min talking about Utah, different areas in the area, and relocation in general (I'm in DC). I was concerned about the "culture" of Utah and he did a really good job explaining his previous perceptions on the area and how most of them are exaggerated. We then scheduled a time to do another phone interview with an engineer 2 days later.

Engineer phone interview: The second interview was by phone with a team lead. We talked about my technical experience and familiarity with specific technologies. There were a handful of behavioral questions and high level technical questions. He said the recruiter would get back in touch with me shortly after. I got an email about 20min after the interview asking me how it went on my end and that they wanted to do a 3 hour video interview with me.

Video Interview: This part was a bit weird to get used to. The interview is actually a little over 3 hours long. It started with 5min with the Recruiter to get set up. Overall I met with 6 engineers in sets of 2 for roughly an hour each. The first group tended to focus on my OO and design skills. The second was around database and database design. This was tough because I'm not a dba guy. The third group focused on coding problems. We used a web interface called Collabedit which I liked better than white boarding. I got to pick my language of choice and solve their riddles. The majority of the hour was spent on one problem and then they would through in different angles to it and question your decision making. The recruiter came back in at the end and explained I would hear from him after the team had a chance to share feedback. He reached out the next day and said he wanted to fly me in. I worked with an assistant on the flight details.

On-site visit: I flew in the night before my interview and I was scheduled for 2 days. My hotel was in Park City, which is about 30 minutes away from the Salt Lake airport and over 45min away from the Qualtrics office. I thought that was weird but Ive always wanted to go to Park City. I just wished it was still snowing. I was picked up by the recruiter the next morning who drove me to the office. Apparently he and a handful of employees live there. At the office I got a tour. It is a really cool office with lots of open space, kitchens, couches, no offices, conference rooms are glass so you can see in, engineering has a whole floor for just engineers, and yes, the dog from the video is actually running around in the office. However he doesn't really like to be pet. I met with the CTO. We spent about an hour together going over my background and through architectural discussions. Through his questions I was asked a lot of probing questions on decisions and why I made them. This is the company culture check to find out if your a good or bad fit. I then spent some time in a demo from one of the teams which was really cool. The recruiter drove me through the Provo and Orem area, then we drove up to Salt Lake and around some of the areas he said are the popular areas. We had a beer at a cool place in downtown Salt Lake proving you can get beer in Utah (this was a selling point for me) much a block away from the mormon temple. We drove up to Park City and had dinner on main street with a few employees that live there. I felt wined and dined which made me feel like I did well in the interviews. I had the entire next day to explore on my own and was put in touch with a real estate agent if I wanted to see some places to get a feel for the area. I thought that was cool but decided to drive around and check out areas myself. Having never been to Utah, it is bigger than I thought and really pretty with the mountains bearing down on you. Though I heard air quality is a concern in the winter.

Offer: The recruiter told me I wouldn't hear till after the upcoming friday. Apparently all candidates they want to make an offer to go through an executive committee who has the opportunity to veto a candidate. He called me that next friday to discuss the details of the offer. Unfortunately, my wife vetoed relocation after she told me she is expecting with our first. With all our family in the DC area, it would be tough to make the move with a little one. I wish they had a DC office.

Interview Questions
    • white elephant gift exchange where you can't give to the person who gave to you or to yourself.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualtrics in May 2014.

At first arrival I was given a tour of the building and the departments. I was then put through a series of interviews with many different stakeholders. The process was fair and allowed for a good give and take. The people seemed intelligent and hard working the questions open and fairly standard. I liked the process and the people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualtrics in May 2014.

They first show you around their offices (which to their credit is a pretty cool office) and then sit you down for a first interview. Pretty typical questions asked regarding how you react to certain situations etc, then they have a second and third interview which are more technical and are done by senior management. They pretty much assume you want to work there and kind of treat you like you're an idiot if you don't want to work there because the "company is so awesome". The senior manager that interviewed me was a nerdier guy that didn't really have too much of people skills.

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask you random "technical" questions such as sq. root of 19 or degrees of change on a clock.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Qualtrics in April 2014.

Emailed my resume to their hiring department and heard back within 1 business day from the recruiter. They conducted a brief phone interview where they asked about my anticipated graduation date, GPA, etc before scheduling me for an in-person interview with various sales managers a couple days later.

The on-site interview process consisted of a quick tour of the office followed by three back-to-back interviews with different team leads and the head sales trainer. They asked specific questions about my resume and previous sales experience, including how well I performed at my previous sales jobs. They seemed to be getting a feel for your confidence level, how well-spoken you are, and whether you're in it for the long-term. Each manager will have a copy of their resume and they take notes on what you're saying before reviewing all the applicants each Friday to determine who to hire.

Everyone I interviewed with was friendly, personable, and relaxed.

The friday following the interview I was contacted by the recruiter and told to come in for a final interview which was less of an interview and more of them laying out the career path, earning potential, and outlining the benefits specified in the offer letter.

Entire process took me less than a week, start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to contact all of your previous employers, what would they tell me your greatest weakness is in the workplace?   View Answer
    • How well did you perform at your previous sales jobs compared to the rest of your team.   View Answer
    • What was the hardest thing you've ever done?   View Answer
    I have a feeling that the starting pay is "take it or leave it", because they had the offer letter already printed off when I got there. If you exceed quota two quarters in a row, you are eligible for a promotion, which typically includes a pay bump to your base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualtrics in March 2014.

The interview process was wonderful. I spoke with three different employees, including one of the founders. The facilities were very nice and the interview atmosphere was very inviting and professional. I was in a suit and tie, which was a bit more dressy than anyone I spoke with. I recommend wearing a nice dress shirt, slacks, and a tie (or business equivalent for women).

Interview Questions
    • What would a classmate or coworker say are your two greatest strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question
    Their pay-scale seemed pretty "take it or leave it", so I did not negotiate much.

Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualtrics.

Opportunity Development is a pipeline program designed to train and then feed the most qualified hires up into the sales force. So despite that the initial work within Opportunity Development may seem simple or menial, it is also intentionally challenging. Qualtrics takes the hiring process seriously as they are ultimately searching for qualified sales people and future leaders within their growing organization.

So in other words, don't take the interview lightly. Founders and top managers will interview you and grill you to get an understanding for your true character and personality. Fluff answers will not fly. Come prepared with specific success stories to back how you answer questions what makes you feel you are prepared for the job.

I was interviewed 3 or 4 times and later received an offer. Qualtrics is very reasonable with decision deadlines and is willing to extend the deadline if you need more time to think about the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the most daunting task you were given and how you dominated in its accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • What is one counter-intuitive skill you feel would be needed to perform well here?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I had heard from friends at Qualtrics that starting salaries are non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualtrics in February 2014.

I went in for an interview which turned into three separate interviews. Everything was very straight forward and there was nothing unexpected. The whole process from first contacting them at a career fair to them offering me the position took about a week and a half. during the interviews, I first talked with the person who would be my direct supervisor. I then meet with the supervisor of another department. Both of these guys asked me the same questions. The last person I spoke to was the head guy for the site and he just talked about the salary and benefits. Salary was 30k with bonuses. The bonuses averaged 6-8k for the hard working employees.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked about my past experience and my problem solving skills. I don't remember any hard questions or felt like they were looking for a specific answer.   Answer Question

The salary was not enough to keep me in Utah and it was not in my field of study.