Qualtrics Interview Questions in Utah

3.2

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Opportunity Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualtrics.

Fairly straightforward, 5 hour total interview time over Skype. It was clear that management was in a rush to hire, hire, hire as the company grows. It was a little unorganized, which is fairly representative of the company (all attributed to the rapid change that's occurring as a result of growing so quickly). Fairly unprofessionally casual, but I didn't mind. Was told to wear a shirt and tie over Facetime, and I did. Could have easily worn a white t-shirt.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or technical questions. Once they like you (you're being personable), it's more a conversation... and a persuasive one, at that.   Answer Question
    No negotiation...

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualtrics in February 2014.

I went in for an interview which turned into three separate interviews. Everything was very straight forward and there was nothing unexpected. The whole process from first contacting them at a career fair to them offering me the position took about a week and a half. during the interviews, I first talked with the person who would be my direct supervisor. I then meet with the supervisor of another department. Both of these guys asked me the same questions. The last person I spoke to was the head guy for the site and he just talked about the salary and benefits. Salary was 30k with bonuses. The bonuses averaged 6-8k for the hard working employees.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked about my past experience and my problem solving skills. I don't remember any hard questions or felt like they were looking for a specific answer.   Answer Question

The salary was not enough to keep me in Utah and it was not in my field of study.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualtrics in October 2013.

I submitted a resume online, and it was several weeks before I heard back. I had 4 separate interviews on different days. First with members of my would-be team, then a manager, then an executive, then a founder. Within a week after my last interview, I heard back about an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Specific web development questions and coding exercises.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualtrics.

I was contacted on LinkedIn by their tech recruiter. I initially had no interest in moving to Utah but the company looked very interesting after researching it. Seems to be in that stage where its about to break through to be a world wide brand. Which is typically the best time to join a company. I responded and we set up a phone interview the next day.

Recruiter phone interview: The first interview was by phone and with their tech recruiter. We basically talked about my overall experience briefly and then about a specific project I worked on. He asked a lot of questions to dig deeper about specifics and why we made certain decisions in the project. We then spent 20-30min talking about Utah, different areas in the area, and relocation in general (I'm in DC). I was concerned about the "culture" of Utah and he did a really good job explaining his previous perceptions on the area and how most of them are exaggerated. We then scheduled a time to do another phone interview with an engineer 2 days later.

Engineer phone interview: The second interview was by phone with a team lead. We talked about my technical experience and familiarity with specific technologies. There were a handful of behavioral questions and high level technical questions. He said the recruiter would get back in touch with me shortly after. I got an email about 20min after the interview asking me how it went on my end and that they wanted to do a 3 hour video interview with me.

Video Interview: This part was a bit weird to get used to. The interview is actually a little over 3 hours long. It started with 5min with the Recruiter to get set up. Overall I met with 6 engineers in sets of 2 for roughly an hour each. The first group tended to focus on my OO and design skills. The second was around database and database design. This was tough because I'm not a dba guy. The third group focused on coding problems. We used a web interface called Collabedit which I liked better than white boarding. I got to pick my language of choice and solve their riddles. The majority of the hour was spent on one problem and then they would through in different angles to it and question your decision making. The recruiter came back in at the end and explained I would hear from him after the team had a chance to share feedback. He reached out the next day and said he wanted to fly me in. I worked with an assistant on the flight details.

On-site visit: I flew in the night before my interview and I was scheduled for 2 days. My hotel was in Park City, which is about 30 minutes away from the Salt Lake airport and over 45min away from the Qualtrics office. I thought that was weird but Ive always wanted to go to Park City. I just wished it was still snowing. I was picked up by the recruiter the next morning who drove me to the office. Apparently he and a handful of employees live there. At the office I got a tour. It is a really cool office with lots of open space, kitchens, couches, no offices, conference rooms are glass so you can see in, engineering has a whole floor for just engineers, and yes, the dog from the video is actually running around in the office. However he doesn't really like to be pet. I met with the CTO. We spent about an hour together going over my background and through architectural discussions. Through his questions I was asked a lot of probing questions on decisions and why I made them. This is the company culture check to find out if your a good or bad fit. I then spent some time in a demo from one of the teams which was really cool. The recruiter drove me through the Provo and Orem area, then we drove up to Salt Lake and around some of the areas he said are the popular areas. We had a beer at a cool place in downtown Salt Lake proving you can get beer in Utah (this was a selling point for me) much a block away from the mormon temple. We drove up to Park City and had dinner on main street with a few employees that live there. I felt wined and dined which made me feel like I did well in the interviews. I had the entire next day to explore on my own and was put in touch with a real estate agent if I wanted to see some places to get a feel for the area. I thought that was cool but decided to drive around and check out areas myself. Having never been to Utah, it is bigger than I thought and really pretty with the mountains bearing down on you. Though I heard air quality is a concern in the winter.

Offer: The recruiter told me I wouldn't hear till after the upcoming friday. Apparently all candidates they want to make an offer to go through an executive committee who has the opportunity to veto a candidate. He called me that next friday to discuss the details of the offer. Unfortunately, my wife vetoed relocation after she told me she is expecting with our first. With all our family in the DC area, it would be tough to make the move with a little one. I wish they had a DC office.

Interview Questions
    • white elephant gift exchange where you can't give to the person who gave to you or to yourself.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualtrics in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. I had heard about the company and had done some research. Having had read the reviews on here it sounded like a great place to work. As I was employeed at the time it took a little while to get time to interview. After coordinating with the recruiter I was able to take a 30 minute phone interview with an employee that had been there for years. He told me about what he did there and asked about my previous experience. Everything went really well. After which I scheduled an interview about a week and a half after the call. I was told that the interview process would take 3 hours.

The day of the interview, I arrived on time and was able to find the office fairly easily. After I had filled out an NDA I was informed that the recruiter was not there, but was busy attending to personal errands. So the first group of people that I was meeting with showed me around and took me up to a common area with a white board. This interview was about Database design and Optimization. And one of the first things they asked me was if I had been a DBA. Nowhere on my resume do those three letters appear in that order. I was a bit confused about where they would get that idea, but wasn't too concerned. At first they asked me to design a database to store information for a library. Which I though went alright, since I'm not a DBA. Then they started asking questions about scaling and data-warehousing and how my design would deal with X number items. I answered the questions to the best of my abilities, but not coming from a DBA background things could have gone better.

After spending an hour with this group, I met with the second group. This group was focused on programming. They explained that they would start with some simple questions and move on to more complicated questions. Their first problem was to find the first occurrence of a word in an array and to remove it using whatever language I preferred. This was a fairly simple problem and besides a few minor mistakes I felt like my solution was good. They were interested in seeing how I solved problems and that I could write code correctly on the white board. The second question was the same, but allowing for multi-dimensional arrays. For this I took a recursive approach re-using as much of the previous code as I could. In this instance I did really well. I noticed a few bugs before the interviewers and though I really nailed it. After these first two questions were answered they moved on to a different problem. The problem was to represent a cube and be able to determine if two cubes were the same. The cubes could have any number of colors associated with the faces. This problem was a little tougher, but eventually after trying a number of solutions we came to the agreement that my solution would be suffice. After this question there was a Q&A session between me and them. They explained what they do and answered any questions that I had about what they do there. I thought this part of the interview went really well.

On to the final group. This group was the API group. They asked me to design an elevator system from the ground up. Including an API with which to interact with the Database objects and some sample code to determine how to respond to a request from a button push. This part of the interview was a bit uncomfortable. I don't have a lot of experience with API development, but struggled though trying to solve this problem. One of the interviewers was really helpful and talked through a lot of the problems and discussed how to resolve the problems with me. The other interviewer probably said 5 words total and seemed like he was disinterested. Needless to say, this part of the interview didn't go great. It was a little awkward to be honest.

After this last part, I was supposed to meet with the recruiter. Who incidentally was still not present, so I sat around for about 10 minutes at which point the "Director of Technology" met with me briefly. He explained that at Qualtrics they didn't really believe in titles and we mostly talked about non-work related things. We also talked about what the company does and what he was in charge of and his job history. Overall this part of the interview was really chill and I'm still not exactly sure what the point of it was, but I enjoyed it.

Overall I thought the interview went fairly well. I was completely unimpressed with the recruiter who I never even met with, but was looking forward to hearing back within a few days. Needless to say the recruiter was once again a disappointment on this front. After a week I decided to email and ask what was going on which took a day and a half to get a generic 'No Thanks' email. I think this would be a great company to work for, but to this day I'm not even sure what position I was actually interviewing for or what the requirements are.

Interview Questions
    • Design an elevator API including Database design using a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualtrics in May 2014.

At first arrival I was given a tour of the building and the departments. I was then put through a series of interviews with many different stakeholders. The process was fair and allowed for a good give and take. The people seemed intelligent and hard working the questions open and fairly standard. I liked the process and the people.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualtrics in May 2014.

They first show you around their offices (which to their credit is a pretty cool office) and then sit you down for a first interview. Pretty typical questions asked regarding how you react to certain situations etc, then they have a second and third interview which are more technical and are done by senior management. They pretty much assume you want to work there and kind of treat you like you're an idiot if you don't want to work there because the "company is so awesome". The senior manager that interviewed me was a nerdier guy that didn't really have too much of people skills.

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask you random "technical" questions such as sq. root of 19 or degrees of change on a clock.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualtrics in May 2014.

Sent in resume and application after finding the posting online. Not more than 3-4 days after submission, i was contacted to complete a 45 minute phone interview. Very basic personality and interest based questions, then was asked skill questions pertaining to what skill set you had. Overall nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualtrics in February 2013.

I was contacted on linkedin and then a phone interview was set up. I was living out of state so I did a skype interview. I met with several team leads and region leads before talking to the VP of Sales. I flew out, visited the office and then made my final decision.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Qualtrics in April 2014.

Emailed my resume to their hiring department and heard back within 1 business day from the recruiter. They conducted a brief phone interview where they asked about my anticipated graduation date, GPA, etc before scheduling me for an in-person interview with various sales managers a couple days later.

The on-site interview process consisted of a quick tour of the office followed by three back-to-back interviews with different team leads and the head sales trainer. They asked specific questions about my resume and previous sales experience, including how well I performed at my previous sales jobs. They seemed to be getting a feel for your confidence level, how well-spoken you are, and whether you're in it for the long-term. Each manager will have a copy of their resume and they take notes on what you're saying before reviewing all the applicants each Friday to determine who to hire.

Everyone I interviewed with was friendly, personable, and relaxed.

The friday following the interview I was contacted by the recruiter and told to come in for a final interview which was less of an interview and more of them laying out the career path, earning potential, and outlining the benefits specified in the offer letter.

Entire process took me less than a week, start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to contact all of your previous employers, what would they tell me your greatest weakness is in the workplace?   View Answer
    • How well did you perform at your previous sales jobs compared to the rest of your team.   View Answer
    • What was the hardest thing you've ever done?   View Answer
    I have a feeling that the starting pay is "take it or leave it", because they had the offer letter already printed off when I got there. If you exceed quota two quarters in a row, you are eligible for a promotion, which typically includes a pay bump to your base salary.

Worked for Qualtrics? Contribute to the Community!