Qualys

13 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Qualys

Interview Details – Asked all basics questions of computer science. They check the fundamentals.

Negotiation Details – It totally depends who is more desparate

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Redwood City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualys in September 2009.

Interview Details – technical questions, programming, database questions and design questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate at all.

TAM Interview

TAM

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualys in July 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was with the TAM Director who asked primarily what my interests where, how technical do I consider myself etc.

Second Interview was VERY technical around application security and vulnerability management.

Third Interview was with the VP of Strategic Alliances who was incredibly rude, arrogant and sounded like he had better things to do. He would ask a question, I would answer and he would say that makes no sense! (Without giving an explanation). Bizzare. Did not end up getting an offer based on the fact that the VP did not like my lack of technical abilities.

Interview Question – Name and describe the top 10 OWASP Vulnerabilities?   Answer Question

Vuln/Security Engineer Interview

Vuln/Security Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualys in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call with manager followed by onsite @ Redwood City , CA
Traveled to Redwood city, CA
Panel interview - more of getting to know each other with the team.
1:1 - too many redundant questions that were already asked//discusses before.
50% experience | 50% technical

Interview Question – XSS , CSRF , SQL Injection , puzzle (water jug) , writing simple regex , scripting TLS/SSL etc   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional upper management.

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualys in November 2011.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with the manager.Explained my strengths and weakness and what I can bring to the position.Wasn't very clear on what exactly the job requires.Was asked to come onsite

Had three interviews
a)2i QA engineers quizzed me on various SQL questions(one of my weaknesses..so didn't do that well)
b)2 developers quizzed on various Junit related questions and API related questions.At this point I realized the job position didn't meet my qualification and I kind of lost interest.Also one interviewer was extremely rude when I didn't answer some basic question from his view point.I had made it clear in my phone interview what I was bringing to the table.Guess the manager should have communicated to the interviewer.
c)1:1 interview with the same person whom I had phone interview with.I kind of explained him that this position only needs 20% of my strengths and other things I will have to pick up on the job.

Overall,the interview experience was bad-I expect the interviewers to be humble about the questions they ask and if the interviewee is not meeting their expectations,it's not end of the world and should be treated as such.

Interview Question – SQL related questions.   Answer Question

Sales Position Interview

Sales Position
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualys.

Interview Details – Having been screened on the phone for an hour with the the director of sales, and then being brought in for an interview with several people was not walk in the park. Having made it to the final round, one would think that there would be a modicum of professionalism. Communication post interview was pretty much non-existent.

Interview Question – What outside hobbies or interest do you have that would apply to this position?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualys in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screening done by Sales manager, covered technical skills and industry knowledge
Face to face interview with 5 people: Technical Account Managers and Senior Account Managers: Technical questions, work under pressure questions, time management skill questions, activities outside of work, ability to articulate complex technical questions to non technical customers

Interview Question – Tech questions were pretty hardcore   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualys in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview Process was tough for a QA position. Had a phone interview with the Dir of QA team. Received an email from hiring manager next day. Scheduled interview the same week. Had 8 people interviewed from different teams (Dev, QA). They all discussed about me while I was still sitting in the room. Last interview was with Dir. again and he only asked about joining date and salary offer.

Reason for Declining – very low salary offer

TAM Interview

TAM

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualys in February 2009.

Interview Details – Process overview applies to all client-facing roles. Initial interviews were not very challenging. After phone screens, an in-person meeting is conducted with at least one of the people that screened the candidate. After that, the candidate must prepare and deliver a ~20 minute presentation via the web to these same interviewers. Passing that, the candidate next heads to corporate in CA to present the same presentation to the CEO plus other executives that are available. Presentation is followed by a group interview/discussion, and then individual interviews. Be prepared for rude and antagonistic behavior from the corporate panel.

Interview Question – Do you believe that SaaS is the only way forward for software?   View Answer

QA Intern Interview

QA Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualys in February 2010.

Interview Details – Group of six took the interview. Getting a interview is tough now a days and setting such a scene is really an act of a genius. Already tense and it makes matters worse. Taking on 6 minds at a time. Asked about networking, unix and yes there were seven different thoughts about a question. Not a professional way to take an interview.

Interview Question – tell about unix and windows   Answer Question

Worked for Qualys? Contribute to the Community!