Qualys Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted after applying for one of their jobs. They started out with a phone interview, then scheduled an in person interview. I went through 6 or 7 people and ended with 2 coding challenges and 1 database challenge (this was for a database related development position).

The CTO was cool, the interviewer was very professional, the coding challenges mostly related to the work. I'm glad I went through the process.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gauged my experience and applied an appropriate programming question   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualys in July 2014.

Interview

I was blindsided with a full phone interview that was earlier advised to be just an initial screening call. Interviewer doesn't seem too professional. Doesn't listen. Interviewer seems more interested in giving criticism remarks rather than observing. I have answered each question well with logical support but was told I do not qualified with because I don't sound comfortable enough. I wonder who can be comfortable after being asked with ridiculous non related questions. Interviewer advised me he would recommend my profile to the BD department instead as I would qualify there but as expected interviewer did not keep his words. Thought I was applying for a high school summer job. I question the integrity of Qualys.

Interview Questions

• Do you live with your parents? What does your parents do?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Qualys.

Interview

Initial phone screening, 1st interview with multiple people over couple hours. Second interview was more of a formality to negotiate details of employment offer. Straight forward, concise, good questions, good process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy, good technical and sales type questions that determine intangible elements as well as face value information.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a hiring manager 6 weeks later for an initial thirty minute phone screen. After the initial phone screen --- was asked to come in for an in-person interview within the next week.

After scheduling an onsite interview and arriving --- met with two hiring managers individually for thirty minutes each about the position and goals.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on your very first day with no direction?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualys in May 2009.

Interview

Interview Process was tough for a QA position. Had a phone interview with the Dir of QA team. Received an email from hiring manager next day. Scheduled interview the same week. Had 8 people interviewed from different teams (Dev, QA). They all discussed about me while I was still sitting in the room. Last interview was with Dir. again and he only asked about joining date and salary offer.

very low salary offer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone screening done by Sales manager, covered technical skills and industry knowledge
    Face to face interview with 5 people: Technical Account Managers and Senior Account Managers: Technical questions, work under pressure questions, time management skill questions, activities outside of work, ability to articulate complex technical questions to non technical customers

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Having been screened on the phone for an hour with the the director of sales, and then being brought in for an interview with several people was not walk in the park. Having made it to the final round, one would think that there would be a modicum of professionalism. Communication post interview was pretty much non-existent.

Interview Questions

• What outside hobbies or interest do you have that would apply to this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Asked all basics questions of computer science. They check the fundamentals.

Negotiation

It totally depends who is more desparate

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Did a phone interview with the manager.Explained my strengths and weakness and what I can bring to the position.Wasn't very clear on what exactly the job requires.Was asked to come onsite

Had three interviews
    a)2i QA engineers quizzed me on various SQL questions(one of my weaknesses..so didn't do that well)
    b)2 developers quizzed on various Junit related questions and API related questions.At this point I realized the job position didn't meet my qualification and I kind of lost interest.Also one interviewer was extremely rude when I didn't answer some basic question from his view point.I had made it clear in my phone interview what I was bringing to the table.Guess the manager should have communicated to the interviewer.
    c)1:1 interview with the same person whom I had phone interview with.I kind of explained him that this position only needs 20% of my strengths and other things I will have to pick up on the job.

Overall,the interview experience was bad-I expect the interviewers to be humble about the questions they ask and if the interviewee is not meeting their expectations,it's not end of the world and should be treated as such.

Vuln/Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone call with manager followed by onsite @ Redwood City , CA
    Traveled to Redwood city, CA
    Panel interview - more of getting to know each other with the team.
    1:1 - too many redundant questions that were already asked//discusses before.
    50% experience | 50% technical

Interview Questions

• XSS , CSRF , SQL Injection , puzzle (water jug) , writing simple regex , scripting TLS/SSL etc   Answer Question

Unprofessional upper management.