Qualys QA Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualys in May 2009.

Interview Process was tough for a QA position. Had a phone interview with the Dir of QA team. Received an email from hiring manager next day. Scheduled interview the same week. Had 8 people interviewed from different teams (Dev, QA). They all discussed about me while I was still sitting in the room. Last interview was with Dir. again and he only asked about joining date and salary offer.

very low salary offer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualys

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualys in November 2011.

Did a phone interview with the manager.Explained my strengths and weakness and what I can bring to the position.Wasn't very clear on what exactly the job requires.Was asked to come onsite

Had three interviews
    a)2i QA engineers quizzed me on various SQL questions(one of my weaknesses..so didn't do that well)
    b)2 developers quizzed on various Junit related questions and API related questions.At this point I realized the job position didn't meet my qualification and I kind of lost interest.Also one interviewer was extremely rude when I didn't answer some basic question from his view point.I had made it clear in my phone interview what I was bringing to the table.Guess the manager should have communicated to the interviewer.
    c)1:1 interview with the same person whom I had phone interview with.I kind of explained him that this position only needs 20% of my strengths and other things I will have to pick up on the job.

Overall,the interview experience was bad-I expect the interviewers to be humble about the questions they ask and if the interviewee is not meeting their expectations,it's not end of the world and should be treated as such.

Interview Questions

Worked for Qualys? Contribute to the Community!