Qualys

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualys in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview Process was tough for a QA position. Had a phone interview with the Dir of QA team. Received an email from hiring manager next day. Scheduled interview the same week. Had 8 people interviewed from different teams (Dev, QA). They all discussed about me while I was still sitting in the room. Last interview was with Dir. again and he only asked about joining date and salary offer.

Reason for Declining – very low salary offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualys in November 2011.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with the manager.Explained my strengths and weakness and what I can bring to the position.Wasn't very clear on what exactly the job requires.Was asked to come onsite

Had three interviews
a)2i QA engineers quizzed me on various SQL questions(one of my weaknesses..so didn't do that well)
b)2 developers quizzed on various Junit related questions and API related questions.At this point I realized the job position didn't meet my qualification and I kind of lost interest.Also one interviewer was extremely rude when I didn't answer some basic question from his view point.I had made it clear in my phone interview what I was bringing to the table.Guess the manager should have communicated to the interviewer.
c)1:1 interview with the same person whom I had phone interview with.I kind of explained him that this position only needs 20% of my strengths and other things I will have to pick up on the job.

Overall,the interview experience was bad-I expect the interviewers to be humble about the questions they ask and if the interviewee is not meeting their expectations,it's not end of the world and should be treated as such.

Interview Question – SQL related questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualys

Worked for Qualys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualys QA Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualys employees and interview candidates.