Quantcast

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Planner (New Grad) Interview

Sales Planner (New Grad)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview Details – Interviewing with Quantcast was very smooth. I first reached out to a recruiter through a friend, and she and I did an informational call in the fall. They didn't have any post-grad job offerings up at the moment, but she told me to get in touch in a few weeks. When I did, they informed me that they'd opened a Sales Planner position, and that I should apply.

I submitted my application online, and then went through three rounds of phone interviews. The first was with the college recruiter that I'd already been speaking with, the second was with a member of the sales team, and the third had three back-to-back rounds of half-hour calls with HR and sales people. The calls were different than other interviews I'd had, in that they asked very little about me - the vast majority of each call was set up to be me asking questions about Quantcast and the position. It was very conversational, and everybody I spoke to was super-nice, but the lack of questions from them did throw me off at first. The questions they did ask were behavioral and pretty standard - "What do you know about us?", "Why do you want to work in this industry?", etc... I got the sense that they were using the calls as a way to see if I would be a good fit culturally, and to see if I cared about the job enough to do research and come up with questions. There was no in-person interview.

Finally, about two weeks after the last interview, I received my offer and accepted it.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for us? (First question asked)   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quantcast in May 2014.

Interview Details – I worked through a referral (highly recommended) to initially show interest in a role. The first phase is a phone screen with the recruiter (I was out of state at the time). The recruiting team is very friendly and outgoing and stays in great communication. The process might not be as lightning fast as some other companies in SF, but the communication is there to keep you in the loop and updated on the process. From the first phone screen I moved on to a series of one on one interviews with a few of the sales team members. Each was very engaging and took an interest in getting to know my background. They were eager to share about the company as well and what the role and the teams would be like. This served to help get me excited about the company and also gave me an honest insight into what may lie ahead. The final step is a panel presentation. I had roughly 15-20 minutes to pitch a product/service to a room of sales team members and utilize a PowerPoint deck. The goal is not to pitch Quantcast, but more to use a prior occupation or a passion for a mock sales presentation. There is not much dialogue outside of this presentation. You get feedback and are allowed to ask further questions. You hear back a couple days later. Overall very behavioral and not a lot of surprise questions

Interview Question – You will be asked to prepare a 15-20 minute presentation and PowerPoint to present to members of the sales team as the bulk of the final interview   Answer Question

Real-time Platform Developer (College Hire) Interview

Real-time Platform Developer (College Hire)
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview Details – I'm pretty sure they used a web crawler to find my resume online, then emailed me. I was interested, so I proceeded to an informal phone screen, then a technical phone screen about networking, then a 2 hour coding test - they emailed me a problem about spreadsheet formulas, I developed a solution for solving them and emailed it back.

Next step was an onsite - they had a nice office in downtown SF, I sat in a glass room with a big whiteboard for a day's worth of interviews and lunch with a dev team. The team at lunch was relaxed. For the 4 technical interviews I was asked to code mostly in java, and I wrote an RPN calculator, a different implementation of the spreadsheet program I had done earlier, talked through reliable and secure networking in detail all in metaphors, then a program to find the distance between nodes in a tree, then a behavioral interview that felt like it was out of a textbook. I think there were a few other technical questions that I can't remember, likely a string to int conversion or vice versa. Overall they had some very smart people asking me questions and I got a good feel for what they focus on.

Interview Question – The question that began with a medieval story about message passing was surprisingly rigorous. Through the medieval metaphor, I was asked about UDP, TCP, RSA security, and maybe even a consensus problem. I think I was left with an open question about initial secure handshakes for farmers who haven't met in person or something like that, and I remember wondering if it was even possible.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There was another company proved more interesting and Quantcast was pushing for a very quick decision and for me to start a few weeks earlier than I planned which made me nervous about what else they might ask me to do in the future.

Statistician Interview

Statistician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview Details – The programming problem this year is just the same as the one of last year. Since I didn't want to submit my program that I wrote last year which was written in C++, I rewrote the codes in Python. But I was rejected afterwards, mainly because I was not using C++.

Interview Question – Very standard spreadsheet processing problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Measurement Platform Interview

Software Engineer - Measurement Platform
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in May 2012.

Interview Details – An internal recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn regarding this position. He asked me some basic questions over the phone before arranging a second phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to an on-site interview with two engineers.

The first one had some technical questions that weren't too difficult. However, the second interviewer's questions were much more challenging and not unlike what you'd see on a computer science final. Despite the difficulty of the interview, the main recruiter told me I had "survived" and that the company would be sending me a coding test.

But two days after that, she sent me an e-mail saying the company had decided not to move forward with my application after all. It was definitely very puzzling.

Interview Question – I was asked how to generate a random integer in the range [1, 7] if I only had a function that returned random integers from [1, 5].   View Answers (2)

Realtime Platform Engineer (Systems Analyst) Interview

Realtime Platform Engineer (Systems Analyst)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview Details – A coding problem followed by a technical phone interview. Then onsite for 5 technical and 2 HR interviews. The questions were challenging but not impossible.

Interview Question – How does the internet work?   Answer Question

Client Service Interview

Client Service
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in March 2014.

Interview Details – There were 4 steps in the whole interview process.
1. Initial Phone Interview with HR
Thoughts: Great screening process. HR was super nice and definitely knew what she was looking for in a candidate
2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
Thoughts: Hiring Manager was pleasant to talk to and really gave a great initial feel of the team structure
3. Assignment Given Week Prior to In-Person
Thoughts: Assignment wasn't too difficult once you knew how to absorb and interpret the information
3. In-Person Presentation + 4 In-Person interviews
Thoughts: Definitely an incredibly positive experience. The point of the assignment is to see your thought process and how you interpret the information. It also gives the team a good feel of how you act in front of clients. Each interviewer that I spoke with was extremely passionate about the job/company. It's nice to see that people truly believe in Quantcast's vision. It's hard to find a company in which each person is really excited about the future of the company. That was definitely a defining reason as to why I chose Quantcast.
4. Follow-up phone call with HR

Interview Question – A couple technical questions but they're really just want to get to know you as a person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. Make sure you do your research and prep for what you're going to say during the negotiation call. You want to know your worth and that bumping up your salary will be a good investment.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview Details – HR is very good, their response is very fast. From booking flight to booking hotel, they can arrange these stuff in a very good manner.

Interview Question – Ask a lot about big data platform knowledge, due to lack of the knowledge of these fields, my answer is not good.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview Details – I posted my resume in a on-campus career fair. Weeks later I got a mail telling me to have an online coding test. One week after the coding test. I again received an email to schedule a phone screen.

Interview Question – "What do you know about our company?" "Do you have some questions for me?"   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Quantcast

Interview Details – Tech phone call - Regular questions regarding algorithms, systems

Interview Question – Exponential time complexity, Signals etc   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quantcast

Worked for Quantcast? Contribute to the Community!

Quantcast Videos

Quantcast – Why Work for Us?

​​​ Real-time display advertising is in a phase of major growth, with spend projected to overtake search by 2015. The skills, infrastructure and technology required for this shift are brand new and dramatically… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quantcast interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quantcast employees and interview candidates.