Quantcast Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

3.4

Modeling Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

Applied online. First contacted by an HR and asked about my background. Then I was scheduled to take an coding test within 3 hours. It is one of the classical coding test--- spreadsheet calculator. Two days later I was told I passed the coding test and they would like to move forward to the first technical interview. The first interview was about my background, research, then a coding question and a probability question. I gave several solution to the coding question. I nailed it and was able to move to the second technical interview. It was about projects on the resume. Then a couple of coding questions. Again I did really well. The interviewer told me the next step should be onsite. But one week later, I contacted the HR for the update. She told me my background doesn't fit for the position. They passes me. Really sucks! Theyshoulpasses me during

Interview Questions

• Coding test: spreadsheet calculator. First phone technical interview: find the top k elements in an array; probability question: you have two options: one is to shoot a ball one time and would be counted as success if you make it, the other is to shoot 3 times and would be counted as success if make at least two. Which one should you choose? 2nd technical phone interview: find the first node where two link lists meet; I forgot the second question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Screening(HR), initial technical and personality phone interview with the team manager. coding and researching exercise. not super hard but lots of fun to do, I would say it's pretty technically challenging and you will have a lot of fun working on it. I didn't use map reduce approach because the time wasn't really sufficient for someone like me, who is not really a mapreduce expert.

Interview Questions

• many technical questions in the final round, machine learning, file system design, automation, process methodology, robotics algorithm, dynamic programming, sorting and so on. tons of questions about other area as well, for example, professional communication between coworkers, conflict resolution, productivity improvement idea, project management and so on. pretty fun to interview with those guys, and you can immediately tell they are all super smart.   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

Interview process took 2+ months: 1. Phone screen with Recruiter 2. Phone screen with Hiring Manager 3. Data exercise 4. Coffee with Hiring Manager 5. In-person half day interview Recruiting process went smoothly but slowly. In the end, went with a candidate with more experience. The whole team was very excited and passionate about Quantcast.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite/least favorite part of the research process? If you could change 1 thing in your current employer, what would you change? What 3 things do you want to learn here? Why Quantcast/how did you hear about us? How do you handle someone who doesn't agree with the research methodology? Do you know our organization structure? What is a project you are most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

Interview process took a bit longer than a month. I was put in contact with an employee who recommended me internally. After that, I had a phone call with a member of the sales team. Behavioral questions, making sure I was a cultural fit. The following week, I had Skype interviews with 3 employees. 2 were part of the sales staff and another was in the marketing department. The questions were similar to the first interview, and they were especially interested whether or not I had any relevant sales experience at all.

Intern Interview

Interview

I went through the exact same process as mentioned in earlier posts. After the coding challenge, there were three rounds of interviews, including both behavior and technical questions. The technical interviews turned out to be quite challenging, as expected. I tried my best to tackle the problems and fortunately passed the test. The entire recruiting process is extremely smooth and well organized, which is quite impressive. Both the HR team and the interviewers' team seem to be formed by professionals providing state of the art services. I can't imagine how lucky I am to get this job... As an advice to future applicants: try to explain your thought processes to the interviewers as clearly as possible. The process to find a solution might even weigh more than the solution itself.

Client Services Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

The internal recruiter got back to me a day after I had submitted my application. She turned out to be incredibly helpful throughout the entire interview process, answering all my questions and even sending me an overview of the topics I'd be going over in my other interviews. This was really the best interview process I'd ever gone through, due in no small part to the care the company took in communicating with me throughout each step of the process. They were very transparent with everything, and I appreciated that immensely. The entire interview process consisted of: 1) Phone interview with recruiter (this functioned as both an informative overview of the role/Quantcast and an interview) 2) Quantitative exercise (in lieu of a presentation) 3) Phone interview with manager 4) In-person interview with team members (totaling two hours) 5) Phone interview with a senior manager 6) Offer extended 7) Checked references and performed a background check after acceptance of the offer The interview was very thorough--definitely more of a high-level conversation than a hard-hitting question and answer session. Above all, they want to see that you're dedicated, curious about the position and Quantcast's work, and a solid fit for the role. I'd advise on bringing a lot of questions with you to each stage of the process and making sure you get an in-depth picture of the position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your specific interest in the ad technology space, as well as your specific interest in Quantcast.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First had a phone conversation with recruiter. The recruiter was very nice and pleasant to talk with. Worked on a take home coding exercise and it took about 3 hours to complete. The phone screening took about an hour. A few days later I got the onsite interview invitation. The onsite interview took a few hours, met a few engineers and mostly worked on coding and algorithm.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you have worked on and described the challenge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Quantcast in March 2015.

Interview

One hr phone call One 3-5 hour online project, it is about a word search problem, very effort-taking. At least costs 2 Phone screen: A system design problem. Answered perfectly but got rejected. Spent a lot of time doing the online project before the phone screen. Don't know what is wrong. Strange

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Not difficult, friendly recruiter -- assessing basic skills and interest, no technical questions. The take-home was 3 hours and rather difficult. The recruiter sent it to me an hour early and even with that extra time (that I definitely did not take ;) it was difficult. The SQL portion was straight forward and the data was clean. Got tripped up on the statistics/probability portion. You will need to know Bayes Rule. That should tell you a lot.

Interview Questions

• Know how to calculate the probability that N events with independent probabilities will occur.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Online coding, many people has mentioned it on the site; Phone Screen; 4 session Onsite. From online coding to onsite takes two months. Super slow process, recruiter not responsive enough; Very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• online coding, spreadsheet problem, use topological sort; Onsite: data structure and algorithm. System design.   1 Answer