Quantcast Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.3

Corporate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved, since Quantcast is selective about who they hire. First, there was a phone screening with the recruiter. She asked me a few questions, told me more about the role and what the hiring managers were looking for (consultative selling style, experience, energy, passion, close them on next steps). Then, I needed to complete a sales assessment test, which was about 200 questions long, containing personality questions, algebra, and anaologies. Next was the 2-hour in-person interview, with 40-minute blocks with a team lead, the hiring manager, and another manager in the department. They want you to walk them through your resume experience, indicate your understanding of what Quantcast does, and ask thoughtful questions. After that, the next step is coming in for the pitch. This also requires about 1-2 hours of free time. You will need a powerpoint presentation. You should sell something that you are already familiar with, in my case it was the product I sold at my last job. The head of advertising, several directors and managers, and a team lead will be in the room (about 6-8 people), but only 2 will be role-playing as your potential clients. It is important to qualify them and weave the information you get in qualifying into the pitch. Check in during the pitch, make sure they are engaged and following, and at the end close them. If you don't get them to buy immediately, set up next steps to seal the deal. This should take about 30-40 minutes from start-to-finish. Then, Shark Tank style, the people in the room will give you feedback on your pitch. (The score you receive influences your employment offer, salary, stock options etc.) The remaining 20-minutes are for you to ask questions of the people in the room. After the pitch, the recruiter will get back in touch for a background check (if they want you).

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Linkedin InMail -> Phone interview -> Take home task (fun question) -> Onsite Interview questions with Quantcast are not easy but lots of fun, interview includes Data Structure/Algorithm and System design questions. The good part is, those questions are sort of open-ended questions, so it is not like those boring ones which you can find on some websites. I enjoyed a lot of this process, people I spoke/met with are very smart, passionate. HR is professional, nice, helpful!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Screening(HR), initial technical and personality phone interview with the team manager. coding and researching exercise. not super hard but lots of fun to do, I would say it's pretty technically challenging and you will have a lot of fun working on it. I didn't use map reduce approach because the time wasn't really sufficient for someone like me, who is not really a mapreduce expert.

Interview Questions

• many technical questions in the final round, machine learning, file system design, automation, process methodology, robotics algorithm, dynamic programming, sorting and so on. tons of questions about other area as well, for example, professional communication between coworkers, conflict resolution, productivity improvement idea, project management and so on. pretty fun to interview with those guys, and you can immediately tell they are all super smart.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First they set a Phone Interview (1 round) - 45 minutes to 1 hour. It involves coding on a shared doc with one developer there. They call you for an On-site Interview (if phone goes through well) and you need to fly to SF. They are willing to cover the expenses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First had a phone conversation with recruiter. The recruiter was very nice and pleasant to talk with. Worked on a take home coding exercise and it took about 3 hours to complete. The phone screening took about an hour. A few days later I got the onsite interview invitation. The onsite interview took a few hours, met a few engineers and mostly worked on coding and algorithm.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you have worked on and described the challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Online coding, many people has mentioned it on the site; Phone Screen; 4 session Onsite. From online coding to onsite takes two months. Super slow process, recruiter not responsive enough; Very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• online coding, spreadsheet problem, use topological sort; Onsite: data structure and algorithm. System design.   1 Answer

Real-time Platform Developer (College Hire) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I'm pretty sure they used a web crawler to find my resume online, then emailed me. I was interested, so I proceeded to an informal phone screen, then a technical phone screen about networking, then a 2 hour coding test - they emailed me a problem about spreadsheet formulas, I developed a solution for solving them and emailed it back. Next step was an onsite - they had a nice office in downtown SF, I sat in a glass room with a big whiteboard for a day's worth of interviews and lunch with a dev team. The team at lunch was relaxed. For the 4 technical interviews I was asked to code mostly in java, and I wrote an RPN calculator, a different implementation of the spreadsheet program I had done earlier, talked through reliable and secure networking in detail all in metaphors, then a program to find the distance between nodes in a tree, then a behavioral interview that felt like it was out of a textbook. I think there were a few other technical questions that I can't remember, likely a string to int conversion or vice versa. Overall they had some very smart people asking me questions and I got a good feel for what they focus on.

Interview Questions

• The question that began with a medieval story about message passing was surprisingly rigorous. Through the medieval metaphor, I was asked about UDP, TCP, RSA security, and maybe even a consensus problem. I think I was left with an open question about initial secure handshakes for farmers who haven't met in person or something like that, and I remember wondering if it was even possible.   1 Answer

There was another company proved more interesting and Quantcast was pushing for a very quick decision and for me to start a few weeks earlier than I planned which made me nervous about what else they might ask me to do in the future.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I worked through a referral (highly recommended) to initially show interest in a role. The first phase is a phone screen with the recruiter (I was out of state at the time). The recruiting team is very friendly and outgoing and stays in great communication. The process might not be as lightning fast as some other companies in SF, but the communication is there to keep you in the loop and updated on the process. From the first phone screen I moved on to a series of one on one interviews with a few of the sales team members. Each was very engaging and took an interest in getting to know my background. They were eager to share about the company as well and what the role and the teams would be like. This served to help get me excited about the company and also gave me an honest insight into what may lie ahead. The final step is a panel presentation. I had roughly 15-20 minutes to pitch a product/service to a room of sales team members and utilize a PowerPoint deck. The goal is not to pitch Quantcast, but more to use a prior occupation or a passion for a mock sales presentation. There is not much dialogue outside of this presentation. You get feedback and are allowed to ask further questions. You hear back a couple days later. Overall very behavioral and not a lot of surprise questions

Interview Questions

• You will be asked to prepare a 15-20 minute presentation and PowerPoint to present to members of the sales team as the bulk of the final interview   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

Interview

Fairly standard process. One phone screen followed by an in person series of 30 minute interviews with 3 different employees. Final interview is a mock sales pitch (probably regarding your previous company) to a panel of employees. Be engaging with the audience, ask good questions during the presentation and keep it concise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR is very good, their response is very fast. From booking flight to booking hotel, they can arrange these stuff in a very good manner.

Interview Questions

• Ask a lot about big data platform knowledge, due to lack of the knowledge of these fields, my answer is not good.   Answer Question