Quantcast Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

3.3

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quantcast in May 2014.

I worked through a referral (highly recommended) to initially show interest in a role. The first phase is a phone screen with the recruiter (I was out of state at the time). The recruiting team is very friendly and outgoing and stays in great communication. The process might not be as lightning fast as some other companies in SF, but the communication is there to keep you in the loop and updated on the process. From the first phone screen I moved on to a series of one on one interviews with a few of the sales team members. Each was very engaging and took an interest in getting to know my background. They were eager to share about the company as well and what the role and the teams would be like. This served to help get me excited about the company and also gave me an honest insight into what may lie ahead. The final step is a panel presentation. I had roughly 15-20 minutes to pitch a product/service to a room of sales team members and utilize a PowerPoint deck. The goal is not to pitch Quantcast, but more to use a prior occupation or a passion for a mock sales presentation. There is not much dialogue outside of this presentation. You get feedback and are allowed to ask further questions. You hear back a couple days later. Overall very behavioral and not a lot of surprise questions

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to prepare a 15-20 minute presentation and PowerPoint to present to members of the sales team as the bulk of the final interview   Answer Question

Real-time Platform Developer (College Hire) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast.

I'm pretty sure they used a web crawler to find my resume online, then emailed me. I was interested, so I proceeded to an informal phone screen, then a technical phone screen about networking, then a 2 hour coding test - they emailed me a problem about spreadsheet formulas, I developed a solution for solving them and emailed it back.

Next step was an onsite - they had a nice office in downtown SF, I sat in a glass room with a big whiteboard for a day's worth of interviews and lunch with a dev team. The team at lunch was relaxed. For the 4 technical interviews I was asked to code mostly in java, and I wrote an RPN calculator, a different implementation of the spreadsheet program I had done earlier, talked through reliable and secure networking in detail all in metaphors, then a program to find the distance between nodes in a tree, then a behavioral interview that felt like it was out of a textbook. I think there were a few other technical questions that I can't remember, likely a string to int conversion or vice versa. Overall they had some very smart people asking me questions and I got a good feel for what they focus on.

Interview Questions
    • The question that began with a medieval story about message passing was surprisingly rigorous. Through the medieval metaphor, I was asked about UDP, TCP, RSA security, and maybe even a consensus problem. I think I was left with an open question about initial secure handshakes for farmers who haven't met in person or something like that, and I remember wondering if it was even possible.   View Answer

There was another company proved more interesting and Quantcast was pushing for a very quick decision and for me to start a few weeks earlier than I planned which made me nervous about what else they might ask me to do in the future.

Software Engineer - Measurement Platform Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in May 2012.

An internal recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn regarding this position. He asked me some basic questions over the phone before arranging a second phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to an on-site interview with two engineers.

The first one had some technical questions that weren't too difficult. However, the second interviewer's questions were much more challenging and not unlike what you'd see on a computer science final. Despite the difficulty of the interview, the main recruiter told me I had "survived" and that the company would be sending me a coding test.

But two days after that, she sent me an e-mail saying the company had decided not to move forward with my application after all. It was definitely very puzzling.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to generate a random integer in the range [1, 7] if I only had a function that returned random integers from [1, 5].   View Answers (2)

Client Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in March 2014.

There were 4 steps in the whole interview process.
    1. Initial Phone Interview with HR
    Thoughts: Great screening process. HR was super nice and definitely knew what she was looking for in a candidate
    2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
    Thoughts: Hiring Manager was pleasant to talk to and really gave a great initial feel of the team structure
    3. Assignment Given Week Prior to In-Person
    Thoughts: Assignment wasn't too difficult once you knew how to absorb and interpret the information
    3. In-Person Presentation + 4 In-Person interviews
    Thoughts: Definitely an incredibly positive experience. The point of the assignment is to see your thought process and how you interpret the information. It also gives the team a good feel of how you act in front of clients. Each interviewer that I spoke with was extremely passionate about the job/company. It's nice to see that people truly believe in Quantcast's vision. It's hard to find a company in which each person is really excited about the future of the company. That was definitely a defining reason as to why I chose Quantcast.
    4. Follow-up phone call with HR

Interview Questions
    • A couple technical questions but they're really just want to get to know you as a person.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. Make sure you do your research and prep for what you're going to say during the negotiation call. You want to know your worth and that bumping up your salary will be a good investment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quantcast.

HR is very good, their response is very fast. From booking flight to booking hotel, they can arrange these stuff in a very good manner.

Interview Questions
    • Ask a lot about big data platform knowledge, due to lack of the knowledge of these fields, my answer is not good.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in October 2013.

I made initial contact during the beginning of the job search. There were 2 phone screens, one technical, one HR. There was also a 1.5-3 hour set of take home technical problems between the 2 interviews. This was followed with 2 on-site interviews. The first was more technical, but allowed me to dig into the specifics of the role. The second interview got me more acquainted with the environment. It was one technical interview and then meetings with my direct supervisor and senior management including the VP in my chain of command as well as the CEO.

The company brought me in for 4-5 hours for each on-site interview cycle. In both cases they had me come in for lunch which allowed me to meet many of the employees and get a feel for the company. There is lunch and dinner provided daily as well as ping-pong, scooters, etc around the office(not in place that causes disruption).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to parse some Perl and some C, neither of which I had worked with in the past 8-10 years. I wasn't expected to be proficient, but it did push my boundaries.   Answer Question
    HR was very interested in comparing my offer to other offers that I had available at the time. I prefer to negotiate offers independently, but I feel like having some additional competitive offers could allow you to negotiate more effectively. I accepted the initial offer because I felt it was fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in April 2013.

The whole interview process went very smoothly. I was referred by a friend already at the company. After the phone interview, I had a coding challenge, which I think is a cool (and more realistic) aspect of the Quantcast interview process that other companies don't have. After a successful coding challenge, I scheduled my on-site interview. The recruiters were very responsive, and worked around my hectic college schedule. At one point, there was a miscommunication and a recruiter schedules a flight a day early. After e-mailing her, she quickly rescheduled without any problems. They also put me up in a sweet hotel, which I managed to check into early before my interviews (to catch a quick nap)
    The actual interviews were challenging, but all very fair. The interviewers were friendly, and definitely provided me with a good impression of Quantcast. A few days after my on-site, my recruiter called me, and said he would extend the offer, after a background check and an easy negotiation period, I was extended an offer!

The offer was very good, so there wasn't much need to negotiate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in October 2012.

Was contacted by recruiter to have initial phone screening. Very typical interview in which he asked about experience and described the company. Went in for first round of interviews with PMs. The discussion was focused on the company and job role. The people were very friendly. Was invited back for final interview with senior staff (VPs) and CEO. One interview was a difficult case study that didn't go well. I was thinking of the problem more from what they wanted from a PM, but missed the mark. The other interviews had other case questions that went better (a PM perspective was more on target). The CEO was very friendly and passionate.

Was disappointed when time went by and I didn't hear back one way or the other. The recruiter called back to say they wanted to hire me, but needed to convince one person. They said that it was more of a formality and I should get a call/offer in a few days. Never heard back. I was ok with not getting the job, but felt some of the process was unprofessional (not calling or returning a call at the end to let me know one way or the other), especially considering how much time I committed to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Case question about how to determine if it was worth the company to take on a project to solve a problem for the government fishery unit.   View Answer

Internal Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Quantcast in July 2013.

3 phone interviews (1 technical) and onsite interviews with 5 rounds of interviewers from managers to directors. A final behavioral interview with an hr rep completed the process. Questions varied from 'Why do you want to work for Quantcast" to "How would you solve this current problem we have?". Started with lunch and meeting a member of the department I would be in and transitioned into either 1:1 or 2:1 interviewing. Three of my interviewers asked generic algorithm questions that I had to write solutions for on a white board with them.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function (in any language) that you can pass n and run a factorial (i.e. n!)   Answer Question
    • In a tree structure of parent/child nodes, with 2 starting points, while "walking" up the tree, how would you programmatically determine the lowest common denominator node? You cannot determine a whether a parent node has a child or how many children it has.   Answer Question
    I'm still waiting for a decision, but there wasn't an option to select for this instance. Will update when I hear back.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Quantcast in May 2013.

Their interview process is pretty bad.
    I had a phone interview with a hiring manager, then coding test, after that I received a mail saying they would like to bring me onsite. They sent me documentation for reimbursement expense.
    Then I flew to SF, and the interview questions on that day was quite easy, at the end of the day the recruiter asked me my current salary.
    The following week, I got the declined result, the recruiter told me every interviewer said you are great. So I guess my salary is out of their range for the position.
    Then I submitted my expense in SF.
    However, it's already 50 days, I still have not receive their check!!!!!
    THIS IS SO WEIRD.

Worked for Quantcast? Contribute to the Community!