Quark Interview Questions

3.2

Account Executive Interview

It was a while back, but at the time, QuarkExpress was a very popular product. I was not an experienced AE, but was very familiar with the product and had nature people skills, so I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • I was thrown into presenting the product in front 40+ potential customers as a test. I did well, but it was certainly unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Quark in December 2009.

I interviewed with Quark after seeing their job posting for a Customer Tech Support on Craigslist of all places. I sent in my cover letter and resumé, and I was contacted via phone for an in person interview about a day or two later. We agreed on a date the following week, and I arrived on said date early enough to wait in the lobby for 5-10 minutes before being called in. I began first with a 1:1 interview, in which we discussed my background, work experience, and what the job would require of me. I was given employee handbooks, information about the company, information about their specific products, water bottles, etc. At this point I was feeling really good about how things were going. I then went into a separate interview with two supervisors, both female, in which one spoke and the other didn't make a peep. Just stared at me. We discussed theoretical situations, strengths/weaknesses, and other ambiguous, yet oh-so-typical interview type questions. She even started discussing start dates and vacation dates with me. I was really excited about getting a job remotely related to my background at this point, so I was completely open to any and all conversations regarding time off, vacation, start dates, etc. After that meeting I then met with who I believe was the CEO of the company, having a casual conversation and again discussing my background, experience, aspirations, etc. Following that interview, I then met up again with the guy who had coordinated my interview in which I was given explicit, yet enthusiastic instructions to call him at the end of the week regarding a start date, and if I didn't reach him, just to leave a voicemail or try back again later and he would 'definitely get back to me'. I left feeling great about the entire process, something I usually don't do as I try to be brutally honest with myself with regards to how things REALLY went in an interview. This interview seemed like an exception though, and I was excited to discuss things at the end of the week with my interview coordinator. I called him on that Friday, didn't get an answer, and left a voicemail. The weekend went by with no calls, as to be expected. Then a few days into the following week went by until I called again on Wednesday just to remind him he had asked me to call him that Friday. A few more days go by, no return call, no return email, nothing. I then wait until Monday, now over a week past the date I was told to call. I ask if it would be possible to connect via email, as I am sure he is too busy to sit on the phone and discuss things. I got zero response, no emails, no phone calls, nothing even indicating if I should remain persistent or give up and assume someone else got the job. I never did hear anything from them again, which I found odd to say the least, after discussing start dates, salary requirements, etc. with numerous people while at the interview. I was coming in as someone a year out of college, with minimal requirements regarding salary, time off, working hours; I was literally as flexible as possible. It's one thing to follow up (see: professionalism) and let the person(s) you have interviewed know that they weren't cut out for the job, but to discuss things with them as if they were, then tell them to follow up in a few days, and then give them zero responses after numerous attempts to get in contact, is really just lacking in taste and again, professionalism. I have no problem with not fitting the bill, but at least let me know that I didn't, so I can move on with my job search and not waste time sitting around waiting to hear back about nothing.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Quark in May 2009.

C++/Java design and code related questions...
    “Write a function that will take in a phone number and output all possible alphabetical combinations (found in a normal phone keypad) for it.” cv

Quality Assurance Engineer - I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandigarh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quark in August 2012.

The Interview process is very strict and very vast, I went through a 7-round interview process for only 1 position and there were numerous rounds with difficulty level increasing with each level, for 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was for the position of QA, I was asked many questions around knowledge in Java, .NET, Object-Orient Programming, Software Engineering, SDLC, Testing Techniques, Testing methods, strategies. They also tested my ability to adapt and asked many analytical questions to test my Logical and Analytical Skills.   Answer Question
    No Negotiations, I accepted the post and package I was offered.

Engineer-1 R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandigarh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Quark in December 2012.

This was a campus placement.
    First they had 2 written tests. 1st test had 3 sections mathematics, basics of computer and analytical. 2nd test had c/c++ mcqs.
    Then they had 3 technical interview, one interview with the team manager and then 1 hr round.
    In the technical interview they just check your technical abilities. Mostly they provided some code and said how does it work, what will happen if we change this and that and stuff like this. There were theory questions on c++ like what is virtual functions, abstract class etc and they usually asked to write a little code using the basic features of c++.
    Then 2nd last round was a long interview with a team manager. The first half was spent on discussing my resume and things listed on it and the second half he again checked my technical ability asking simple questions.
    The last round was hr. It started with a question to list 25 uses of a pen. I couldnt complete the list but i think he was impressed at the answers i gave. He then started discussing about the company and telling what kind of work they provide.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quark in May 2010.

Photo screen was the most difficult, but it depends on who is doing the call. The in person interview is conducted by multiple dev teams, and each person on the team can ask different questions. I got a bunch of OOAD questions followed by some tree algorithm questions. The manager interview is supposed to find out about your interests and is for placing the candidate on the appropriate team.

Interview Questions
    • What design pattern would you use to implement a dynamic memory allocation mechanism to traverse a heap represented by a linked list using multiple algorithms.   View Answer

Worked for Quark? Contribute to the Community!