Quest Diagnostics Account Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Because I was referred to the hiring manager through a personal contact, the first meeting was casual over coffee to feel out personality and discuss the Company as a whole, the local market, and the jobs available along with their descriptions/performance expectations. This was followed by online application and the basic HR department phone interview to check the boxes of eligibility, job history, background as well as the hiring process description. The hiring manager called me to describe interview style and refer me to a video to prepare for a product presentation that I would give to him. I then had a panel interview with the hiring manager, his equivalent counterpart from another district, and a HR representative. The interview questions were the basic sort at first, then directed more toward my business plan, application of soft skills to this particular position, goals and contributions to the team and company beyond the job description. Finally, I "detailed" a current product to the hiring manager as the customer. My follow-up communication was by phone and although I wasn't hired for the position I interviewed for, I was offered an equal position with the counterpart manager who had an opening become available.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult response that I was asked to give was to a statement that although similar in type, this position was much more challenging than the position I had just left and how was I going to handle that when I was used to cruising by...   View Answer
Due to the nature of the local market and HR set offerings, there was very little negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2012.

The HR recruiter contaced me. I had not applied for a position with this company but I was curious about the job. I first interviewed with the HR recruiter and was then set up with a phone interview and followed by an in-person interview with the District Manager. Both went well. The next interview was with a panel of 4 people all of whom were in management and with the company many years, One of the panelists was the regional sales manager. The district manager was supposed to be there but he was not. Everyone on the panel was very professional and warm. The final interview consists of a power point presentation of yourself and why you are the best candidate and a role play of one of their products ( which I thought went well given I am not trained on their products). After the interview, I was told by the regional that I would be contacted by the end of the week. It all seemed very positive. There was no contact at all. Not even by HR in the form of the thank you but we are pursuing another candidate letter. In fact this position remains open today. I think that is absolutely unprofessional not to contact a candidate who they interviewed 4 times Really with all the talent out there today needing a job they can't find anyone? I came to the interview with an excellent track record. I also thought it unusual to ask for 5 professional references with 2 managers. At my level companies usually don;t ask and I have worked for the largest and the best of them . Of course you are only going to give the perfect ones. However ,managers at my companies will not risk their jobs and go against company policy lest they lose their jobs or lose out on a layoff package for not following company policy (that's the climate today). Overall, the interview process was very good until the end so Iam giving it a negative because there was absolutely no follow up after 4 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Presenting a power point on yourself. Usually I am asked to present on some topic Otherwise it was pretty standard   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2011.

30 minute phone interview that I felt went extremely well. Mostly consisting of questions on past experience, and name a time this or that happened and what did you do. Majority were behavioral questions and of course work history and what it consisted of. Wanted to know more about personality etc. However I feel it was unprofessional to say I WOULD be getting a call within 2 days and then to never receive a call. What she SHOULD have said is; If my manager is interested you will be getting a call, not you WILL get a call.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what you did.   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in December 2009.

Initially interviewed for an Account Executive position. Met with manager 2x who could not make a decision for 3 months. Met with a different manager for the Account Sale Rep position was made an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience cold calling and closing for the business?   Answer Question
    No. They will offer a sign on bonus. I received $10,000 sign on bonus. If you left the company before 2 years, you were to repay it.