Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
107 interviews

2.7

Specimen Technician I Interview

For the phone interview, they asked very basic interview questions i.e. What do you know about our company, why do you want to work for this company, what experience do you have that relates to this job.I didn't have any experience relating to this job, and maybe that is why I never got a face to face interview. Overall, compared to other interviews I have had this one asked the most basic and common interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were moving the job location from Southern to Northern California, and they asked me if I was okay with that.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in July 2014.

About a month after applying for the job I got a call from the HR department to schedule a face-to-face interview. The interview went well and after I was told that I would be strongly recommended for the job and I would be contacted by someone in about two weeks. At two weeks I contacted HR and the person I interviewed with . I received an email about four days later from HR saying that they were still very interested but had not made a decision yet. It has now been 6 weeks since the interview and I have yet to hear from anyone.

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2014.

Applied for position and got a call for phone interview 2 days later phone screening lasted about 20min .was asked to schedule an in person interview the following Monday. The face to face interview lasted only 5 min they asked 5 questions and said most of the questions they had were asked during the phone screening. I was nervous at first but they don't even look at u during the interview,they were too busy writing my responses. They said I will receive a call from the person who held the phone interview,It's been 2days and I'm still awaiting an offer

Interview Questions
    • They ask behavioral based questions you have to pretty much tell a story.
      " name a time you disagreed with your supervisor? What did you do?
      Name a time you sacrificed something for the sake of your job?
        Answer Question

Grossing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

I was contacted over the phone and spoke to the hiring manager about my skill set. She told me she would have HR contact me set up an interview in person. I have the date and time with in a couple days. I met the hiring manager and the team lead at the lab and we toured the lab where I was interviewing for. We had an in depth discussion about my skill set with examples and my views on interpersonal interactions with co-workers. I then spent some time in HR with the rep who contacted me and filled out several forms for my file.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real question that threw me or that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Phlebotomy Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Very quick process if there is a position open and needing filled. Easy questions if you know your job. Company was very small. So not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Interview Questions
    • The supervisor wasn't very good at interview very puzzled and unorganized   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my pay

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2010.

When I was hired, the process was different than it is today. I was interviewed by the supervisor and team leads after filling out an application. These days, they are hiring temps from agencies, who are making almost as much as people who have been with the company for years. They ask you questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most number of patients you have drawn in a day?   Answer Question
    At first I was offered a very low wage and I declined. I was negotiating with the human resources person. She went up about a quarter. I declined again. The supervise then called me asking me what was wrong and I explained it to her. I had been offered a job already making more. After a few minutes went by, the HR person called back with a somewhat better offer and I accepted. The benefits were great then (not so much now), uniforms were paid for, paid time off was good, etc.

Specimen Processor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Was hired through an agent. Have to take an online skill typing test before proceeding to the next step. Interview lasted for 15 minutes and a tour around the lab. No hard questions, just a regular conversation.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2014.

They mostly hire through professional recruiters and prefer outside management instead of promoting from within their teams . Matrix management team will interview all short listed and the final decision is made by VP of the division and HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • None really! they were friendly and kept on the details of the job requirements and my relevant experience.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Teterboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teterboro, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2010.

Phone interview with HR representative first. Then I was invited to on-site interview. Met with the hiring manager and several other managers. In general they were very nice people. They asked some technical questions and also behavioral questions. Also you need know who their competitors are. Read the company website and show interest in the company.

I didn't negotiate

PCT I Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Good the first Manager that interviewed me was friendly she is nothing like my current Manager. I would suggest acting very friendly and only speak when asked to some Managers are not to friendly and on a power trip so don't seem to smart if you know what I mean.

Interview Questions
    I had to ask for more money offer to low.

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!