Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.7

Billing Representative In Audubon Interview

Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Audubon, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

There were two people who interviewed me. One was really nice but the other seemed as though she didnt want to be bothered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had attendance issues. How did you handle it and what did your manager do to address this issue.   1 Answer

Client Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online through their website, but didn't receive a response until 2 months later. I was contacted for a phone interview, which consisted of basic interview questions (mostly behavioral). I was told that pay is around $15 an hour. After the phone interview, I was invited to come in for a in-person interview. The total interview lasted about 90 minutes. The first 30 minutes was a group interview with two members of the teams leadership. The next 30 minutes was spent sitting with an employee and observing their job and responsibilities. The final 30 minutes was a second group interview, with two different individuals. The first group interview was relativity simple, consisting of traditional interview questions. It was laid back as the two people conducting the interview were easy to talk to and not intimidating. I was informed that the position was actually a temporary position (with the option to hire after 90 days), this was not disclosed when applying for the job or during the phone interview. The second group interview was more difficult than the first. The 2 people conducting the interview were not that friendly or easy to talk to. It seemed like one of the individuals had never conducted an interview before as they spent a decent amount of time talking about themselves and bragging about how great they were at their job, instead of discussing the position. This same individual also asked several questions which I felt were border-line unprofessional. Some of the questions were a bit odd and overkill, especially since this was basically a customer service job. I was not selected for the position, but based on my experiences in the interview and the overall impression that I received from the company, I probably would have declined the position even if it had been offered to me.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths, and 3 of your weaknesses? What have you done to improve on your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • What are your personal goals in 2 years, and in 5 years? What are your professional goals in 2 years, and in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • On a scale from 1-10, how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question
    • If money wasn't an issue, and you could have any job that you wanted, what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2008.

Interview

I got ad on medreps. com. Phone interview is done by internal HR recruiter, then briggs-meyers test and background check, then 3 rounds of in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• If could be any type of animal what kind would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. Therefore you should overestimate your current salary

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with three managers at simultaneously. They took turns asking general questions handed down from HR. Even if you lack experience in a particular field, have real life examples of how you have overcome a challenge, handled a customer, solved a problem, worked in a team, etc.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you worked in a team, and what was your role in that team.   1 Answer
    • Discuss a time when dealing with an unsatisfied customer, and explain how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of managers on three seperate occasions. Asked very specefic questions regarding company and past experiance.

Interview Questions

• What type of analytics have you provided your company?   Answer Question

Salary too low.

Account Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in December 2009.

Interview

Initially interviewed for an Account Executive position. Met with manager 2x who could not make a decision for 3 months. Met with a different manager for the Account Sale Rep position was made an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience cold calling and closing for the business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. They will offer a sign on bonus. I received $10,000 sign on bonus. If you left the company before 2 years, you were to repay it.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

One of the more thorough interviews I've been on, but nothing tricky. One interview, in three parts, over about 1.5 hours. First half hour was a face-to-face with the manager(s). They basically talked about the company, the team, the technology and asked a bit about how you feel about it and how you would evaluate yourself. Second part was a simple coding task. Just know how to write loops and process strings and you'll be fine. (invert them, flip them inside out, drop every other letter, etc.) Third part was a face-to-face with a few team members. They asked technical questions, which were kind of difficult, but not too bad. They helped you out and gave you then answer when you didn't know, but didn't seem to hold it against you too much. Half of the interview selection process seems to be whether you would work well on the team and if your personality is well suited to the ultra-fast paced environment.

Interview Questions

I liked the team, but the facilities left a lot to be desired. Also, the manager kept talking about how hard they worked and that one guy who only worked 5-6 productive hours per day was fired for not working hard enough. Sounds too high stress for me.

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The HR recruiter contaced me. I had not applied for a position with this company but I was curious about the job. I first interviewed with the HR recruiter and was then set up with a phone interview and followed by an in-person interview with the District Manager. Both went well. The next interview was with a panel of 4 people all of whom were in management and with the company many years, One of the panelists was the regional sales manager. The district manager was supposed to be there but he was not. Everyone on the panel was very professional and warm. The final interview consists of a power point presentation of yourself and why you are the best candidate and a role play of one of their products ( which I thought went well given I am not trained on their products). After the interview, I was told by the regional that I would be contacted by the end of the week. It all seemed very positive. There was no contact at all. Not even by HR in the form of the thank you but we are pursuing another candidate letter. In fact this position remains open today. I think that is absolutely unprofessional not to contact a candidate who they interviewed 4 times Really with all the talent out there today needing a job they can't find anyone? I came to the interview with an excellent track record. I also thought it unusual to ask for 5 professional references with 2 managers. At my level companies usually don;t ask and I have worked for the largest and the best of them . Of course you are only going to give the perfect ones. However ,managers at my companies will not risk their jobs and go against company policy lest they lose their jobs or lose out on a layoff package for not following company policy (that's the climate today). Overall, the interview process was very good until the end so Iam giving it a negative because there was absolutely no follow up after 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Presenting a power point on yourself. Usually I am asked to present on some topic Otherwise it was pretty standard   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Not thorough enough. Not enough time too see Micro Lab. Felt rushed. Everyone was so busy that I felt they would hire me even though the interview was rushed. I was glad to be hired but felt uneasy about their swiftness in hiring me.

Route Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial screening on phone. Then face to face which was fairly easy. Then initial offer was made, which I accepted. Lots of paperwork which took 2 weeks. More paperwork and training took over a week. Not the easiest job to get overall with tons of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was how do you handle internal / inter-office conflicts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer after interview. Then sign a bunch of paperwork with all the details.