Quest Diagnostics

Very Easy Interview

Grossing Technician Interview

Grossing Technician
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the phone and spoke to the hiring manager about my skill set. She told me she would have HR contact me set up an interview in person. I have the date and time with in a couple days. I met the hiring manager and the team lead at the lab and we toured the lab where I was interviewing for. We had an in depth discussion about my skill set with examples and my views on interpersonal interactions with co-workers. I then spent some time in HR with the rep who contacted me and filled out several forms for my file.

Interview Question – There was no real question that threw me or that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phlebotomy Interview

Phlebotomy

I applied online and interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Very quick process if there is a position open and needing filled. Easy questions if you know your job. Company was very small. So not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Interview Question – The supervisor wasn't very good at interview very puzzled and unorganized   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my pay

Phlebotomist Interview

Phlebotomist
Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2010.

Interview Details – When I was hired, the process was different than it is today. I was interviewed by the supervisor and team leads after filling out an application. These days, they are hiring temps from agencies, who are making almost as much as people who have been with the company for years. They ask you questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – What is the most number of patients you have drawn in a day?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At first I was offered a very low wage and I declined. I was negotiating with the human resources person. She went up about a quarter. I declined again. The supervise then called me asking me what was wrong and I explained it to her. I had been offered a job already making more. After a few minutes went by, the HR person called back with a somewhat better offer and I accepted. The benefits were great then (not so much now), uniforms were paid for, paid time off was good, etc.

Specimen Processor Interview

Specimen Processor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Was hired through an agent. Have to take an online skill typing test before proceeding to the next step. Interview lasted for 15 minutes and a tour around the lab. No hard questions, just a regular conversation.

Interview Question – No difficult question.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2014.

Interview Details – They mostly hire through professional recruiters and prefer outside management instead of promoting from within their teams . Matrix management team will interview all short listed and the final decision is made by VP of the division and HR manager.

Interview Question – None really! they were friendly and kept on the details of the job requirements and my relevant experience.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Teterboro, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR representative first. Then I was invited to on-site interview. Met with the hiring manager and several other managers. In general they were very nice people. They asked some technical questions and also behavioral questions. Also you need know who their competitors are. Read the company website and show interest in the company.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

PCT I Interview

PCT I

I applied in-person and interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Good the first Manager that interviewed me was friendly she is nothing like my current Manager. I would suggest acting very friendly and only speak when asked to some Managers are not to friendly and on a power trip so don't seem to smart if you know what I mean.

Interview Question – What was you worst experience at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to ask for more money offer to low.

Route Service Representative Interview

Route Service Representative
Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line, June 8th for Route Service Representative position. Received a call for phone interview on June 16th. Had phone interview last Friday, June 18th. The woman explained the job would only be for 24 hours per week, at $10.00 per hour. I would be driving approximately 100 miles per day, making 20-25 stops per day. The good news was, I would be using their vehicle for the deliveries. The phone interview seemed to go well. I answered her questions about my job history, and how I felt about dealing with live specimens. At the end of the interview, she said I would be hearing from the main office for the next step in the hiring process. As of today, I have not heard from her, or anyone else in the company.

Interview Question – During the phone interview, she asked me twice how I felt about handling or dealing with live specimens.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2011.

Interview Details – Whole process took about six weeks. Worked with a recruiter who set up several phone interviews and three face to face interviews. Had a mock sales call with a director and that was fine.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get more than the original offer. It's selling your soul to the devil though.

Regional Training Specialist Interview

Regional Training Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Initial Interview performed over telephone. Informed at the completion of call that resume would be forwarded to Manager and second, in-person interview was scheduled at that time. They were very willing to work with my schedule as I was required to travel in order to attend the second interview.

Interview Question – Interview process is fairly typical. Began with a review of basic qualifications, followed by examples of relevant experience. Interviewers (manager and HR representative) then presented a number of scenarios (6-7 total). Interview was relatively stress-free and interviewers were quite personable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The rate of pay was not discussed during the interview. I did request relocation assistance, which was denied. However, when I received my job offer, they informed me that they increased the salary in lieu of relocation assistance.

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!