Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Teterboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teterboro, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2010.

Phone interview with HR representative first. Then I was invited to on-site interview. Met with the hiring manager and several other managers. In general they were very nice people. They asked some technical questions and also behavioral questions. Also you need know who their competitors are. Read the company website and show interest in the company.

I didn't negotiate

PCT I Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Good the first Manager that interviewed me was friendly she is nothing like my current Manager. I would suggest acting very friendly and only speak when asked to some Managers are not to friendly and on a power trip so don't seem to smart if you know what I mean.

Interview Questions
    I had to ask for more money offer to low.

Route Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2014.

Applied on line, June 8th for Route Service Representative position. Received a call for phone interview on June 16th. Had phone interview last Friday, June 18th. The woman explained the job would only be for 24 hours per week, at $10.00 per hour. I would be driving approximately 100 miles per day, making 20-25 stops per day. The good news was, I would be using their vehicle for the deliveries. The phone interview seemed to go well. I answered her questions about my job history, and how I felt about dealing with live specimens. At the end of the interview, she said I would be hearing from the main office for the next step in the hiring process. As of today, I have not heard from her, or anyone else in the company.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, she asked me twice how I felt about handling or dealing with live specimens.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2011.

Whole process took about six weeks. Worked with a recruiter who set up several phone interviews and three face to face interviews. Had a mock sales call with a director and that was fine.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get more than the original offer. It's selling your soul to the devil though.

Regional Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Initial Interview performed over telephone. Informed at the completion of call that resume would be forwarded to Manager and second, in-person interview was scheduled at that time. They were very willing to work with my schedule as I was required to travel in order to attend the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process is fairly typical. Began with a review of basic qualifications, followed by examples of relevant experience. Interviewers (manager and HR representative) then presented a number of scenarios (6-7 total). Interview was relatively stress-free and interviewers were quite personable.   Answer Question
    The rate of pay was not discussed during the interview. I did request relocation assistance, which was denied. However, when I received my job offer, they informed me that they increased the salary in lieu of relocation assistance.

Technical Director Interview

The department was desperate as they have had extremely high turnover in the position. Because of their desperation and difficulty in filling the position, they deliberately lied to me about how long the position had been vacant and they lied about the extent of the needs of the position because of their difficulty in keeping people in the position. If a candidate must be honest about their experience and credentials, then my expectations are that a prospective employer be no less transparent. Why would I want to work for a company that can be deceptive to its workforce?

Interview Questions
    I accepted and in 6 months resigned when I realized that Quest had not been forthright with me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2014.

Hiring and interview process is standard
      I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted an initial screening. Having passed this initial screening I met for over an hour with a team of hiring managers. The feedback I got back from the recruiter was positive and I was called back for a second interview. Process is straightforward adn is done in a professional manner

Product Manager Interview

All hiring interviews done at Madison, NJ headquarters. 2 interviews scheduled on single visit. First interview with hiring manager. Second scheduled with senior group leader and sales director. However, group leader did not show to second meeting, and the sales director did not seem familiar with the job requirements- line of questions seemed to come out of left field and at times were at odds with expectations laid out by hiring manager. It was a somewhat puzzling experience, especially having flown in for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you applying for this job simply to serve as a vehicle to relocate?   View Answers (2)
    no negiotiation. offer was fair.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in December 2012.

Received outreach from independent recruiter; good exploratory conversation
    Unsuccessful attempts by recruiter to schedule follow-up phone interview with hiring manager
    Obtained permission from recruiter to directly contact hiring manager
    Reached out to hiring manager; received same-day commitment for a 30-minute conversation
    Hard stop at 30-minute mark into conversation -- end of the line

Had otherwise alluded to second phone interview and one. maybe two, in-person interview(s)

Interview Questions
    • So your biggest sale was a lead given to you by your boss?   View Answer

Lab Assistant II Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

I was hired by a local company which was bought out by Quest Diagnostics. I had to work my way up to the position and location. I first worked at the Core processing center and then made my way to hospital work with night hours then to day and evening.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult interview question was how would I handle a problem with a patient. I didn't have that experience yet so I fudged my answer. I honestly got the position by knowing people within the hospital.   Answer Question
    No negotiation: it was cut and dry.