Quest Diagnostics

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Scheduled a phone interview with a gentleman, and it was abruptly cancelled via email, with no explanation. I tried to contact him a few times to possibly reschedule, and I never got a response. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

About a 2 hour interview process if you get a second interview. Many questions in the first interview about 10 pages of questions and test of knowledge of tubes. The second part allowed for more questions about the company and very open. Honest communication was there. It was relaxed and there was a flow of conversation that felt natural.

Interview Questions
    • Most are what would you do in this situation type questions, if you would report other employees for not following rules or slacking.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was involved.

Phlebotomy Svcs I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. We set up a time for a telephone interview. Took 30 minutes. He asked about my related experience and about how many veinipunctures I have done. He wanted to know my salary requirements and whether I wanted full-time or part-time work. There were questions about which tube to use for which test, what would I do with a 'difficult' patient, etc. Then I was able to ask some questions. He said the hiring manager would call me the next week after he had forwarded my resume and interview notes.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever 'bent' the rules at work?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Easy interview, got the job later in the afternoon

Account Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Because I was referred to the hiring manager through a personal contact, the first meeting was casual over coffee to feel out personality and discuss the Company as a whole, the local market, and the jobs available along with their descriptions/performance expectations. This was followed by online application and the basic HR department phone interview to check the boxes of eligibility, job history, background as well as the hiring process description. The hiring manager called me to describe interview style and refer me to a video to prepare for a product presentation that I would give to him. I then had a panel interview with the hiring manager, his equivalent counterpart from another district, and a HR representative. The interview questions were the basic sort at first, then directed more toward my business plan, application of soft skills to this particular position, goals and contributions to the team and company beyond the job description. Finally, I "detailed" a current product to the hiring manager as the customer. My follow-up communication was by phone and although I wasn't hired for the position I interviewed for, I was offered an equal position with the counterpart manager who had an opening become available.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult response that I was asked to give was to a statement that although similar in type, this position was much more challenging than the position I had just left and how was I going to handle that when I was used to cruising by...   View Answer
    Due to the nature of the local market and HR set offerings, there was very little negotiation.

Billing Manager Interview

The interviews are your standard interview questions in the opening part of the process where you review work history and current job responsibilities. Then it transitions into your skill set for the position by asking for in depth responses to situations.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are challenging when you do not prepare. Be ready to respond to situations such as dealing with difficult employees; dealing with change and how well you interact and communicate with upper management.   Answer Question

Route Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2013.

Initial screening on phone. Then face to face which was fairly easy. Then initial offer was made, which I accepted. Lots of paperwork which took 2 weeks. More paperwork and training took over a week. Not the easiest job to get overall with tons of paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how do you handle internal / inter-office conflicts.   View Answer
    Initial offer after interview. Then sign a bunch of paperwork with all the details.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2013.

Went well, hiring manager was very nice. Got simple questions during interview. Had a ride-along with another rep that went well. Still waiting to hear back from the recruiter to find out if I move on the next process. I have high hopes for this job. If you are fortunate enough to interview with Quest, be prepared do your research and know what the path you woudl like to pursue.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

I interviewed for a position in the Los Angeles area. I have over 13 years of professional sales experience. I will add that every year has been successful and I have always exceeding my sales goals.

The first step was a telephone interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and everything went well. I was invited for a face to face.

At the face to face, it was me, the hiring manager and the HR Director The HR Dir. was on the phone ask questions, as well as the hiring manager who was there in person. My recruiter I might add set up this opportunity.

I thought the interview could not have gone more perfect. Answered all the questions in detail. Even the hiring manager said, "It is great that you are answering with detail.... we like that"

At the end of the interview, I closed them. I asked " is there any reason why you can't make an offer to me today” It looked like the hiring manager loved the question. I was showing how I would close in the field during a sales call. The HR Director jumps in and says "Yes.... there is a reason. We have to go through the process, and I will not let her make an offer to you today." I thought….fair enough, but since this is a sales interview, I will have to close you both

The next close was " You said that you thought I would be a good fit, you like this and that…yada –yada- yada. Is there any reason why you can't invite me to the next interview?" I guess that was too much for them. Actually I should say the HR Director, because I did not get the next interview.

My recruiter calls me and said they are going to pass on you. When I asked why, he said that they felt I was too aggressive.

Now days you have to be aggressive. Plus, I only closed them twice.

It is my opinion, that the hiring manager wanted me on board, but the HR Dir killed the deal.

I also see why they are having trouble filling the territory with a professional rep. It appears they (The HR Director) don’t want a real sales person in the role.

What really sucks is I wanted that position too. I know I would have done well there. The hiring manager seemed like a good person to work for as well.

Back to the drawing board!

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel like there were any! Everything was pretty straight forward with the questions. If I had to name one: I see that you were in the Marine Corps 13 years ago, Do you like to wait to be told what to do, or do you take initiative on your own? Me thinking: Really? People in the military do follow orders, but they sure as heck take initiative to make sure the job gets done too. Another bad rap that military people get.   View Answer

Logistics Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

There was a phone interview from HR then 8 days later a 5 panel interview...

Interview Questions
    • Please give your most recent expierience with diversity in the workplace, what you did to overcome the issue, and what the outcome was?   Answer Question
    • What was the most current book you read and how can you relate instances in the book to the job you are interviewing for?   Answer Question