Quest Diagnostics

92 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went well, hiring manager was very nice. Got simple questions during interview. Had a ride-along with another rep that went well. Still waiting to hear back from the recruiter to find out if I move on the next process. I have high hopes for this job. If you are fortunate enough to interview with Quest, be prepared do your research and know what the path you woudl like to pursue.

Interview Question – waiting   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
West Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position in the Los Angeles area. I have over 13 years of professional sales experience. I will add that every year has been successful and I have always exceeding my sales goals.

The first step was a telephone interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and everything went well. I was invited for a face to face.

At the face to face, it was me, the hiring manager and the HR Director The HR Dir. was on the phone ask questions, as well as the hiring manager who was there in person. My recruiter I might add set up this opportunity.

I thought the interview could not have gone more perfect. Answered all the questions in detail. Even the hiring manager said, "It is great that you are answering with detail.... we like that"

At the end of the interview, I closed them. I asked " is there any reason why you can't make an offer to me today” It looked like the hiring manager loved the question. I was showing how I would close in the field during a sales call. The HR Director jumps in and says "Yes.... there is a reason. We have to go through the process, and I will not let her make an offer to you today." I thought….fair enough, but since this is a sales interview, I will have to close you both

The next close was " You said that you thought I would be a good fit, you like this and that…yada –yada- yada. Is there any reason why you can't invite me to the next interview?" I guess that was too much for them. Actually I should say the HR Director, because I did not get the next interview.

My recruiter calls me and said they are going to pass on you. When I asked why, he said that they felt I was too aggressive.

Now days you have to be aggressive. Plus, I only closed them twice.

It is my opinion, that the hiring manager wanted me on board, but the HR Dir killed the deal.

I also see why they are having trouble filling the territory with a professional rep. It appears they (The HR Director) don’t want a real sales person in the role.

What really sucks is I wanted that position too. I know I would have done well there. The hiring manager seemed like a good person to work for as well.

Back to the drawing board!

Interview Question – I did not feel like there were any! Everything was pretty straight forward with the questions. If I had to name one: I see that you were in the Marine Corps 13 years ago, Do you like to wait to be told what to do, or do you take initiative on your own? Me thinking: Really? People in the military do follow orders, but they sure as heck take initiative to make sure the job gets done too. Another bad rap that military people get.   View Answer

Billing Manager Interview

Interviewed at Quest Diagnostics

Interview Details – The interviews are your standard interview questions in the opening part of the process where you review work history and current job responsibilities. Then it transitions into your skill set for the position by asking for in depth responses to situations.

Interview Question – All of the questions are challenging when you do not prepare. Be ready to respond to situations such as dealing with difficult employees; dealing with change and how well you interact and communicate with upper management.   Answer Question

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Logistics Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview from HR then 8 days later a 5 panel interview...

Interview Questions

• Please give your most recent expierience with diversity in the workplace, what you did to overcome the issue, and what the outcome was?   Answer Question
  • What was the most current book you read and how can you relate instances in the book to the job you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – They called to schedule an interview on the phone but no one ever responded.

Interview Question – They never came.   Answer Question

Tele-interviewer I Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email from a recruiter. Email provided date and directions to be interviewed in person at the Saint Louis office location.

Negotiation Details – Just given a set base pay of $10.50 per hour.

Very Easy Interview

Lab Associate I Interview

Lab Associate I
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – After applying online, I waited 2 months until I heard a reply, went in for an interview, was basically offered a job and just went for the drug test and submitted info for the background check. Typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, etc. This was a few years ago and I believe the interview requires 2 interviewers to be present now.

Interview Question – What are your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because the job was very entry level.

Phlebotomist Interview

Phlebotomist
Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2010.

Interview Details – Called to set up interview, interview, drug test, job offer

Interview Question – The typical ones.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Very intensive with many interviews covering lots of levels and types of positions. They spent a lot of time telling me about what the job was like, what the challenges were and what would be expected. Almost none of this turned out to be the way things actually were.

Interview Question – They asked for a business case proposal for something that actually had nothing to do with my job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, on salary. They agreed to a small bump.

Executive Assistant Interview

Worcester, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me to set up a telephone interview. At the appointed date and time, she was a no show. She never cancelled, and she didn't respond to my inquiries. Very unprofessional to not call to cancel or to apologize.

Interview Question – There were no questions; the recruiter was a no-show.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quest Diagnostics