Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.7

IT Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

They called to schedule an interview on the phone but no one ever responded.

Lab Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

After applying online, I waited 2 months until I heard a reply, went in for an interview, was basically offered a job and just went for the drug test and submitted info for the background check. Typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, etc. This was a few years ago and I believe the interview requires 2 interviewers to be present now.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because the job was very entry level.

Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Very intensive with many interviews covering lots of levels and types of positions. They spent a lot of time telling me about what the job was like, what the challenges were and what would be expected. Almost none of this turned out to be the way things actually were.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for a business case proposal for something that actually had nothing to do with my job.   View Answer
    Yes, on salary. They agreed to a small bump.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Recruiter called me to set up a telephone interview. At the appointed date and time, she was a no show. She never cancelled, and she didn't respond to my inquiries. Very unprofessional to not call to cancel or to apologize.

Process Improvement Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Received a call from hiring Manager. Schedule phone interview for 2 days later. Next Week Interviewed with leadership panel. Following week and last interview was with team members. Offer Made/Accepted

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Came in higher than my requirements with bonus

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

I had only one interview, six months after I applies

Interview Questions
    I was given a one day only position, but I ended up working 60 hours a week, for the next two years, floating from one office to another; without ever receiving, insurance benefits, mileage, paid time off, nor overtime pay.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Panel interview, and up to 4 levels, which is slow and non-communicative

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral based questions, which some require clarification or to be repeated   View Answer
    Straight and to the point with hiring manager

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Generally pleasant, questions focused about industry and company specific trends.

Client Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2013.

Applied online through their website, but didn't receive a response until 2 months later. I was contacted for a phone interview, which consisted of basic interview questions (mostly behavioral). I was told that pay is around $15 an hour. After the phone interview, I was invited to come in for a in-person interview.

The total interview lasted about 90 minutes. The first 30 minutes was a group interview with two members of the teams leadership. The next 30 minutes was spent sitting with an employee and observing their job and responsibilities. The final 30 minutes was a second group interview, with two different individuals.

The first group interview was relativity simple, consisting of traditional interview questions. It was laid back as the two people conducting the interview were easy to talk to and not intimidating. I was informed that the position was actually a temporary position (with the option to hire after 90 days), this was not disclosed when applying for the job or during the phone interview.

The second group interview was more difficult than the first. The 2 people conducting the interview were not that friendly or easy to talk to. It seemed like one of the individuals had never conducted an interview before as they spent a decent amount of time talking about themselves and bragging about how great they were at their job, instead of discussing the position. This same individual also asked several questions which I felt were border-line unprofessional.

Some of the questions were a bit odd and overkill, especially since this was basically a customer service job.

I was not selected for the position, but based on my experiences in the interview and the overall impression that I received from the company, I probably would have declined the position even if it had been offered to me.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of your strengths, and 3 of your weaknesses? What have you done to improve on your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • What are your personal goals in 2 years, and in 5 years? What are your professional goals in 2 years, and in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • On a scale from 1-10, how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question
    • If money wasn't an issue, and you could have any job that you wanted, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

One of the more thorough interviews I've been on, but nothing tricky. One interview, in three parts, over about 1.5 hours.

First half hour was a face-to-face with the manager(s). They basically talked about the company, the team, the technology and asked a bit about how you feel about it and how you would evaluate yourself.

Second part was a simple coding task. Just know how to write loops and process strings and you'll be fine. (invert them, flip them inside out, drop every other letter, etc.)

Third part was a face-to-face with a few team members. They asked technical questions, which were kind of difficult, but not too bad. They helped you out and gave you then answer when you didn't know, but didn't seem to hold it against you too much.

Half of the interview selection process seems to be whether you would work well on the team and if your personality is well suited to the ultra-fast paced environment.

Interview Questions

I liked the team, but the facilities left a lot to be desired. Also, the manager kept talking about how hard they worked and that one guy who only worked 5-6 productive hours per day was fired for not working hard enough. Sounds too high stress for me.