Quest Diagnostics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Technician II Interview

Medical Technician II
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2009.

Interview Details – Answered an ad, got an interview, was impressed with my experience.

Interview Question – What would I do in a certain situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because the salaries of Med Tech in large companies are comparable.

Client Solutions Representative Interview

Client Solutions Representative
Lenexa, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website, but didn't receive a response until 2 months later. I was contacted for a phone interview, which consisted of basic interview questions (mostly behavioral). I was told that pay is around $15 an hour. After the phone interview, I was invited to come in for a in-person interview.

The total interview lasted about 90 minutes. The first 30 minutes was a group interview with two members of the teams leadership. The next 30 minutes was spent sitting with an employee and observing their job and responsibilities. The final 30 minutes was a second group interview, with two different individuals.

The first group interview was relativity simple, consisting of traditional interview questions. It was laid back as the two people conducting the interview were easy to talk to and not intimidating. I was informed that the position was actually a temporary position (with the option to hire after 90 days), this was not disclosed when applying for the job or during the phone interview.

The second group interview was more difficult than the first. The 2 people conducting the interview were not that friendly or easy to talk to. It seemed like one of the individuals had never conducted an interview before as they spent a decent amount of time talking about themselves and bragging about how great they were at their job, instead of discussing the position. This same individual also asked several questions which I felt were border-line unprofessional.

Some of the questions were a bit odd and overkill, especially since this was basically a customer service job.

I was not selected for the position, but based on my experiences in the interview and the overall impression that I received from the company, I probably would have declined the position even if it had been offered to me.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths, and 3 of your weaknesses? What have you done to improve on your weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
  • What are your personal goals in 2 years, and in 5 years? What are your professional goals in 2 years, and in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • On a scale from 1-10, how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question
  • If money wasn't an issue, and you could have any job that you wanted, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Quest Diagnostics

Interview Details – Generally pleasant, questions focused about industry and company specific trends.

Interview Question – How would unemployment rates affect Quest   Answer Question

Medical Laboratory Technologist Interview

Medical Laboratory Technologist
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on the Quest website, got a call from the HR, had an interview with HR and hiring manager.

Negotiation Details – none

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Senior .NET Developer
Lenexa, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – One of the more thorough interviews I've been on, but nothing tricky. One interview, in three parts, over about 1.5 hours.

First half hour was a face-to-face with the manager(s). They basically talked about the company, the team, the technology and asked a bit about how you feel about it and how you would evaluate yourself.

Second part was a simple coding task. Just know how to write loops and process strings and you'll be fine. (invert them, flip them inside out, drop every other letter, etc.)

Third part was a face-to-face with a few team members. They asked technical questions, which were kind of difficult, but not too bad. They helped you out and gave you then answer when you didn't know, but didn't seem to hold it against you too much.

Half of the interview selection process seems to be whether you would work well on the team and if your personality is well suited to the ultra-fast paced environment.

Interview Question – Write some code   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I liked the team, but the facilities left a lot to be desired. Also, the manager kept talking about how hard they worked and that one guy who only worked 5-6 productive hours per day was fired for not working hard enough. Sounds too high stress for me.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was almost 5 years ago. Was contacted by company recruiter for phone interview. This was mostly a confirmation of resume info with a few basic questions about qualifications. I was then called back for individual interviews by hiring manager & Regional Sales Director. The hiring manager asked some questions about how I might handle certain situations, but she spent most of the time assessing whether I was a good fit for the team. I felt she was assessing my personality more than my qualifications - probably because I had pretty extensive experience. The Regional Sales Director spent most of the time talking about the company. It was a pretty easy process, but I'm sure it's tightened up since then.

Interview Question – The questions were not unexpected or difficult. I did have to be specific about how I would sell in a heavily managed care marketplace.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not do too much negotiating at the time. However, I know you can negotiate a salary upward and perhaps request a signing bonus.

Phlebotomist Interview

Phlebotomist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Difficult website to navigate, very slow to contact and at times discriminatory

Interview Question – Give a n example of a time when......   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was 3 months between interview and offer. Had already moved on.

Production Chemist Interview

Production Chemist
Alameda, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initially communicated via phone several months after applying for the position (there was some turnover in between--took a very long time for the company to get their act together). Had in person interviews w/ the group over the course of 1 week. Was kept up to date but an offer was not made until about 1 month later. Salary is not in line with other similar positions.

Interview Question – None. All typical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one--negotiated but company was unwilling (unable?) to budge.

Teleinterviewer Interview

Teleinterviewer
Lees Summit, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out online application via the portal. Received and email notification that I had been selected for a phone interview within two weeks of submitting the application. Phone interview was scheduled the same week, and lasted 15-20 minutes. The interviewer told me that he would order an on line typing test for me to take ASAP. He did and I did. The minimum typing requirement is 30 wpm.

He did explain the basic responsibilities of the job, the shift options for the at home workers 6pm-10pm or 7pm-11pm, and 12:30-4:30 pm on Saturday's. The pay $10.50 per hour. The required extra hours per week. (Job is supposed to be 20 hours a week, but the at home workers have been on mandatory extra hours for over a year) Normal hours are 22-29 per week. This usually means working your one "OFF" day during the work week.

After a week, I had a second interview, which was conducted on site at the office in Lees Summit MO. The interview and contingent job offer took 1.5 hours. The face to face interview had me sitting with a supervisor and listening to a recorded interview. Then I was required to read aloud and do a "mock" interview. Where I followed the script and typed her responses. This was graded, and printed.

The supervisor did a great job of explaining the ins and outs of the job, and the nitty gritty of the schedule, attendence, and a welcome suprise that since my shifts were past 4pm I would qualify for the Shift differential, over and above the $10.50 per hour. She didn't know what the differential was, and I forgot to ask the staffing manager who offered me the job.

Another perk I wasn't aware of. As a part time employee, you DO earn PTO and paid holiday hours. 2.31 hours of PTO per pay period. You are not able to take in while in your first 90 days, but you do start accruing it.

Interview Question – The biggest disappointment was the strict attendance policy. I work a full time job during the day, and I often have weekend lake plans during the summer. During the phone interview I specifically asked the interviewer if it was a problem for me to take off during the summer for vacation and such. He had stated that it was not a problem at all, as long as I knew I wouldn't be paid for it. This statement was in direct conflict of what the site supervisor told me.

The second disappointment was the fact that the on site training was not 4 weeks of traveling to the Lees Summit office M-F, but 4 weeks in the training center and a minimum of 2-4 weeks in the bank of cubicles set up for the "At Home" department . A person must pass client accuracy tests before being set free to work at home. Makes sense, but traveling to and from Lees Summit every day for 8 weeks or more is going to be a huge gas cost and inconvenience. For me........ I am set to start the training class on February 4th. I need the extra income, but the daunting thought of working 70+ hours a week is a little daunting.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contingent on Drug Screen and Background Check.

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Logistics Supervisor
Metairie, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in November 2009.

Interview Details – Apply on Company website only. Expect to wait 6 weeks or more if selected for an interview. If not selected for an interview,, you will not be contacted. Usually 2 person interview committee or a direct supervisor for some lower grade positions.

Negotiation Details – Job offers have little room for negotiation, it is based on a computer program with experience in the job being sought guiding the offer salary which is ususlly in the middle of the range for 8 years to 5 years experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quest Diagnostics