Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Billing Manager Interview

Interview

The interviews are your standard interview questions in the opening part of the process where you review work history and current job responsibilities. Then it transitions into your skill set for the position by asking for in depth responses to situations.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are challenging when you do not prepare. Be ready to respond to situations such as dealing with difficult employees; dealing with change and how well you interact and communicate with upper management.   Answer Question

Route Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial screening on phone. Then face to face which was fairly easy. Then initial offer was made, which I accepted. Lots of paperwork which took 2 weeks. More paperwork and training took over a week. Not the easiest job to get overall with tons of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was how do you handle internal / inter-office conflicts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer after interview. Then sign a bunch of paperwork with all the details.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2013.

Interview

Went well, hiring manager was very nice. Got simple questions during interview. Had a ride-along with another rep that went well. Still waiting to hear back from the recruiter to find out if I move on the next process. I have high hopes for this job. If you are fortunate enough to interview with Quest, be prepared do your research and know what the path you woudl like to pursue.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (West Hills, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for a position in the Los Angeles area. I have over 13 years of professional sales experience. I will add that every year has been successful and I have always exceeding my sales goals.

The first step was a telephone interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and everything went well. I was invited for a face to face.

At the face to face, it was me, the hiring manager and the HR Director The HR Dir. was on the phone ask questions, as well as the hiring manager who was there in person. My recruiter I might add set up this opportunity.

I thought the interview could not have gone more perfect. Answered all the questions in detail. Even the hiring manager said, "It is great that you are answering with detail.... we like that"

At the end of the interview, I closed them. I asked " is there any reason why you can't make an offer to me today” It looked like the hiring manager loved the question. I was showing how I would close in the field during a sales call. The HR Director jumps in and says "Yes.... there is a reason. We have to go through the process, and I will not let her make an offer to you today." I thought….fair enough, but since this is a sales interview, I will have to close you both

The next close was " You said that you thought I would be a good fit, you like this and that…yada –yada- yada. Is there any reason why you can't invite me to the next interview?" I guess that was too much for them. Actually I should say the HR Director, because I did not get the next interview.

My recruiter calls me and said they are going to pass on you. When I asked why, he said that they felt I was too aggressive.

Now days you have to be aggressive. Plus, I only closed them twice.

It is my opinion, that the hiring manager wanted me on board, but the HR Dir killed the deal.

I also see why they are having trouble filling the territory with a professional rep. It appears they (The HR Director) don’t want a real sales person in the role.

What really sucks is I wanted that position too. I know I would have done well there. The hiring manager seemed like a good person to work for as well.

Back to the drawing board!

Interview Questions

• I did not feel like there were any! Everything was pretty straight forward with the questions. If I had to name one: I see that you were in the Marine Corps 13 years ago, Do you like to wait to be told what to do, or do you take initiative on your own? Me thinking: Really? People in the military do follow orders, but they sure as heck take initiative to make sure the job gets done too. Another bad rap that military people get.   1 Answer

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview from HR then 8 days later a 5 panel interview...

Interview Questions

• Please give your most recent expierience with diversity in the workplace, what you did to overcome the issue, and what the outcome was?   Answer Question
    • What was the most current book you read and how can you relate instances in the book to the job you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

Float Phlebotomy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Portland, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

Not exactly sure when I applied but I would guess turnaround time was not very quick. Maybe three months? Maybe more like 6? Not even sure how I applied, I think it must've been on their own website. I don't think I submitted a resume or cover letter. It was a little tricky to get ahold of someone.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all very straightforward, ranging from salary expectations (I gave a range) to how you handle difficult patients or coworkers. One interesting question was "have you ever been asked to do something outside of your normal job duty?" and elaborate on that. All questions were open ended and I drew my answers from all my prior positions, not just one in particular. I brought as many questions as I was asked. It was a nice dialogue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how many years of experience I had and what kind of salary requirements I had. I was not offered the position immediately following the interview. It took a few weeks.

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

They called to schedule an interview on the phone but no one ever responded.

Lab Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

After applying online, I waited 2 months until I heard a reply, went in for an interview, was basically offered a job and just went for the drug test and submitted info for the background check. Typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, etc. This was a few years ago and I believe the interview requires 2 interviewers to be present now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because the job was very entry level.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Very intensive with many interviews covering lots of levels and types of positions. They spent a lot of time telling me about what the job was like, what the challenges were and what would be expected. Almost none of this turned out to be the way things actually were.

Interview Questions

• They asked for a business case proposal for something that actually had nothing to do with my job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, on salary. They agreed to a small bump.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Recruiter called me to set up a telephone interview. At the appointed date and time, she was a no show. She never cancelled, and she didn't respond to my inquiries. Very unprofessional to not call to cancel or to apologize.