Quest Diagnostics

2.5

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2010.

I interviewed with one of their HR employees for about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Would I accept working a graveyard shift   View Answer
  • Would I object to handling human bodily waste such as fecal material and urine.   View Answer
Since I was a temporary employee salaey was non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2008.

I applied for a lab position. The HR person thought I applied for an administrative assistant position and proceeded to have me take a keyboarding test. She stopped me from taking the test when she realized that I was not applying for an admin position (even though I told her I applied for the lab position). She then talked with me about the company and said an interview would be forthcoming for the lab position. I called and e-mailed about the interview but never received a response. I assumed they hired someone else. I then received a call 5 weeks after the first meeting with the HR person. They wanted to interview me for a lab position. By this time, I was on the verge of taking another job but decided to attend the interview. They asked me the usual interview questions (greatest strengths and weaknesses) and a few lab vocabulary questions. I was taken on a short tour, was told there would be required overtime, and how much the position paid. The pay was low, they expected too much overtime, and I was not impressed that they waited 5 weeks to call for an interview. I wrote them a nice "thanks but no thanks" note and told them I accepted another position. If this is how they treated perspective employees, I was not interested in how they would treat me as an employee. This experience did not leave me with a good impression of this company.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to define laboratory terms. It was not hard but it was unexpected.   Answer Question