Quest Diagnostics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Lenexa, KS

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for a lab position. The HR person thought I applied for an administrative assistant position and proceeded to have me take a keyboarding test. She stopped me from taking the test when she realized that I was not applying for an admin position (even though I told her I applied for the lab position). She then talked with me about the company and said an interview would be forthcoming for the lab position. I called and e-mailed about the interview but never received a response. I assumed they hired someone else. I then received a call 5 weeks after the first meeting with the HR person. They wanted to interview me for a lab position. By this time, I was on the verge of taking another job but decided to attend the interview. They asked me the usual interview questions (greatest strengths and weaknesses) and a few lab vocabulary questions. I was taken on a short tour, was told there would be required overtime, and how much the position paid. The pay was low, they expected too much overtime, and I was not impressed that they waited 5 weeks to call for an interview. I wrote them a nice "thanks but no thanks" note and told them I accepted another position. If this is how they treated perspective employees, I was not interested in how they would treat me as an employee. This experience did not leave me with a good impression of this company.

Interview Question – Being asked to define laboratory terms. It was not hard but it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
San Juan Capistrano, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with one of their HR employees for about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Would I accept working a graveyard shift   View Answer
  • Would I object to handling human bodily waste such as fecal material and urine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was a temporary employee salaey was non-negotiable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Quest Diagnostics

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quest Diagnostics Lab Technician interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Quest Diagnostics employees and interview candidates.