Quest Diagnostics Phlebotomist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Savannah, GA).

Interview

it was very pleasant the manager were very nice about the interview asking question about what do I do. first she known that I work for Memorial Health University and she known that I knowledge of doing my job working at a hospital you get a lot of experience were other job you don't get experience like that un let you work in a hospital environment.

Interview Questions

• Do I known how to draw blood of all ages if a patient is afraid to have blood draw what you should do.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consist of a lot of technical questions. example ptt is for what tube. Also ask questions regarding Resume, and why you left jobs and if your currently employed why are you leaving. Why would u make a good candidate for the job you have applyed to.

Interview Questions

• What tube do you need for cbc   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2015.

Interview

Applied all the possible openings online since I got my license. it is the forth month and I just received a call from them and the person in phone interviewed me right away.

1. where I had my externship and the supervisor names
    2. Past working experiences and the reason to leave
    3. Education background
    4. Technical questions:
    tubes additives and color
    the difficulties in drawing blood from pediatric and geriatric patients
    how do you handle
    When should reject specimen

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Aurora, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a call about two days after applying for an interview. I was really nervous but the process was really laid back and they were all really friendly and made me feel more relaxed.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

About a 2 hour interview process if you get a second interview. Many questions in the first interview about 10 pages of questions and test of knowledge of tubes. The second part allowed for more questions about the company and very open. Honest communication was there. It was relaxed and there was a flow of conversation that felt natural.

Interview Questions

• Most are what would you do in this situation type questions, if you would report other employees for not following rules or slacking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

I had only one interview, six months after I applies

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a one day only position, but I ended up working 60 hours a week, for the next two years, floating from one office to another; without ever receiving, insurance benefits, mileage, paid time off, nor overtime pay.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Difficult website to navigate, very slow to contact and at times discriminatory

Interview Questions

It was 3 months between interview and offer. Had already moved on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Louisville, KY) in April 2010.

Interview

When I was hired, the process was different than it is today. I was interviewed by the supervisor and team leads after filling out an application. These days, they are hiring temps from agencies, who are making almost as much as people who have been with the company for years. They ask you questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most number of patients you have drawn in a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At first I was offered a very low wage and I declined. I was negotiating with the human resources person. She went up about a quarter. I declined again. The supervise then called me asking me what was wrong and I explained it to her. I had been offered a job already making more. After a few minutes went by, the HR person called back with a somewhat better offer and I accepted. The benefits were great then (not so much now), uniforms were paid for, paid time off was good, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Tulsa, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

Called to set up interview, interview, drug test, job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Toledo, OH) in August 2008.

Interview

I came from another location and the timing was great because they were in the process of filling a position.