Quest Diagnostics Phlebotomist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

About a 2 hour interview process if you get a second interview. Many questions in the first interview about 10 pages of questions and test of knowledge of tubes. The second part allowed for more questions about the company and very open. Honest communication was there. It was relaxed and there was a flow of conversation that felt natural.

Interview Questions
  • Most are what would you do in this situation type questions, if you would report other employees for not following rules or slacking.   Answer Question
No negotiation was involved.

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

I was selected to complete my externship at Quest Diagnostics by Fast Response, the school where I received my phlebotomy training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

I had only one interview, six months after I applies

Interview Questions
    I was given a one day only position, but I ended up working 60 hours a week, for the next two years, floating from one office to another; without ever receiving, insurance benefits, mileage, paid time off, nor overtime pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Difficult website to navigate, very slow to contact and at times discriminatory

Interview Questions

It was 3 months between interview and offer. Had already moved on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2010.

When I was hired, the process was different than it is today. I was interviewed by the supervisor and team leads after filling out an application. These days, they are hiring temps from agencies, who are making almost as much as people who have been with the company for years. They ask you questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most number of patients you have drawn in a day?   Answer Question
    At first I was offered a very low wage and I declined. I was negotiating with the human resources person. She went up about a quarter. I declined again. The supervise then called me asking me what was wrong and I explained it to her. I had been offered a job already making more. After a few minutes went by, the HR person called back with a somewhat better offer and I accepted. The benefits were great then (not so much now), uniforms were paid for, paid time off was good, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2010.

Called to set up interview, interview, drug test, job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2008.

I came from another location and the timing was great because they were in the process of filling a position.

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2008.

the first step was to look thru job openings on the internet, fill out the application process, see video demonstration of the daily process, fill out resume' portion explaining my knowledge of order of draws along with which tests performed in which tubes, fill out the location and the qualification i have to compare if i am eligible for employment, perform an assessment exam on the website of technique and knowledge, waited for a follow up phone call. at that point someone interviewed me over the phone, then another call came thru to schedule a one on one interview which i then waited almost 2 weeks for the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • how were you referred to us for the position   View Answer