Quest Diagnostics

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2010.

Interview Details – When I was hired, the process was different than it is today. I was interviewed by the supervisor and team leads after filling out an application. These days, they are hiring temps from agencies, who are making almost as much as people who have been with the company for years. They ask you questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – What is the most number of patients you have drawn in a day?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At first I was offered a very low wage and I declined. I was negotiating with the human resources person. She went up about a quarter. I declined again. The supervise then called me asking me what was wrong and I explained it to her. I had been offered a job already making more. After a few minutes went by, the HR person called back with a somewhat better offer and I accepted. The benefits were great then (not so much now), uniforms were paid for, paid time off was good, etc.

Phlebotomist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – About a 2 hour interview process if you get a second interview. Many questions in the first interview about 10 pages of questions and test of knowledge of tubes. The second part allowed for more questions about the company and very open. Honest communication was there. It was relaxed and there was a flow of conversation that felt natural.

Interview Question – Most are what would you do in this situation type questions, if you would report other employees for not following rules or slacking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was involved.

Very Easy Interview

San Carlos, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was selected to complete my externship at Quest Diagnostics by Fast Response, the school where I received my phlebotomy training.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2010.

Interview Details – Called to set up interview, interview, drug test, job offer

Interview Question – The typical ones.   Answer Question

Fullerton, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – I had only one interview, six months after I applies

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a one day only position, but I ended up working 60 hours a week, for the next two years, floating from one office to another; without ever receiving, insurance benefits, mileage, paid time off, nor overtime pay.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details – Difficult website to navigate, very slow to contact and at times discriminatory

Interview Question – Give a n example of a time when......   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was 3 months between interview and offer. Had already moved on.

Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2008.

Interview Details – I came from another location and the timing was great because they were in the process of filling a position.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Phlebotomist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in January 2008.

Interview Details – the first step was to look thru job openings on the internet, fill out the application process, see video demonstration of the daily process, fill out resume' portion explaining my knowledge of order of draws along with which tests performed in which tubes, fill out the location and the qualification i have to compare if i am eligible for employment, perform an assessment exam on the website of technique and knowledge, waited for a follow up phone call. at that point someone interviewed me over the phone, then another call came thru to schedule a one on one interview which i then waited almost 2 weeks for the job offer.

Interview Question – how were you referred to us for the position   View Answer

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!