Quest Diagnostics Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Madison, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process started out with an HR phone screen which was very basic. My information was then passed along to the hiring manager and he decided to bring me in for an onsite interview. At the onsite interview, I met with 3 people including the hiring manager. All of the interview questions were very standard and all 3 people were extremely nice and easy to talk to. After this, I spoke with two other higher level executives on the phone who basically just wanted to make sure that I was a good fit for the position. I was then offered the position several days later. The compensation package was very generous but I declined the offer and accepted my current employers counter.

Interview Questions

• What are your Strengths/Weaknesses? How did you overcome a difficult situation? Explain a process in your current role. What obstacles do you face in your current role and how do you over them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Generally pleasant, questions focused about industry and company specific trends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teterboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Teterboro, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative first. Then I was invited to on-site interview. Met with the hiring manager and several other managers. In general they were very nice people. They asked some technical questions and also behavioral questions. Also you need know who their competitors are. Read the company website and show interest in the company.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Madison, NJ) in October 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers for a senior analyst position. For anyone looking to interview with them, make sure you are familiar with the company and can speak to the current health care environment and how Quest will be effected by it. Also, make sure you know your basic financial concepts like ROE, ROI, Leverage, etc. The people were very open and professional. I got the impression that they run a really lean shop (read: understaffed, underpaid and overworked), which makes sense since their margins are pretty thin.

Interview Questions

• What are some of things you can do to increase your company's ROE?   Answer Question
    • If you needed to open a foreign subsidiary, where would the funding control lie? Would you allow them to fund themselves or should it be centralized? Why? What are the benefits?   Answer Question