Quest Software Interview Questions

2.7

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I received a call within 24 hours of submitting online. The recruiter was pleasant and managed the interview scheduling. The hiring manager and 2 others gave 1:1 interview, 2 in person and 1 phone interview. The people I interviewed with were very pleasant, they asked unique questions. One manager even took notes which made me feel heard and interested. I'm still going through the interview process and regardless if I land the job or not, I have respect for Quest and the culture they obviously work hard to preserve. Great job Quest!!

Interview Questions

• What is your work vs life balance?   1 Answer
    • What did I do recently that didn't work out and how did I deal with it?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Typical two interviews. Met first with the manager, than the supervisor. Somewhat of a reverse order.
    I was the first candidate they interviewed, they interviewed others after me. The whole process took about 5 weeks from when I had the first interview to the actual start date.

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter in HR who posted the position on LinkedIn. I then interviewed with the hiring manager but didn't get the job since they advertised "local candidates only" and I was out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have witih knowledge centered support (KCS)?   1 Answer
    • How do you capture and reuse knoweldge?   1 Answer

Software Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quest Software (Dublin, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Two interviews - first with hiring manager, second with hiring manager's boss.

First interview consisted of company overview and detailed description of the role and some basic questions about my experience, approach, etc. I also met with another team member for a few minutes to ask questions about manager, manager's style, typical day, etc.

Second interview was a pleasant conversation about my experience, why this company, etc. Explained to me that I would likely receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Company has a set pay level (base + commission) for each position. They refused to make any consolation to show they were extremely interested in me as a candidate - felt more like they were filling a chair. Company's recruiter told me hiring manager left a message that he "had to have me" on his team, but they didn't show this in their offer.

C# .NET Developer for Server Virtualization Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quest Software (Buffalo Grove, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with Quest Software human resources people. The second phone interview came about one week after the first.

In the first phone interview they sprung a .NET test on me.

They were constantly telling me to read and understand their website for the interview with them. The website was http://www.vizioncore.com.

In the 3rd and final phone interview, a manager asked me questions that lasted for 5 minutes and that wasn't because I didn't have any answers. He only asked 3 questions.

No one got back to me for 2 weeks so I emailed one of the HR people. She told me I didn't get the job. I emailed back letting them know that they were unprofessional to not contact me and let me know as they said they would.

I don't recommend interviewing with Quest Software or any of its subsidiary companies such as Vizioncore. Very unprofessional!

Sales Support Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Software (Dublin, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

This sales position required an extensive background of successful sales, as well as a drive to perform and a personality to sell.

Presales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Software.

Interview

Interviewed by an employee who didn't know what to ask. The whole appointment was confusing. Nobody knows about anything about the product area I was starting for. Another appointment was with the Sales Manager and the Presales Manager.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quest Software (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was well organized and flexible. But the whole procedure seems to take a lot of time. It almost took a month in my case.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions in the initial rounds, followed by practical hands on interview   Answer Question

Tech Support Role Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Quest Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview Details – I finished my interview for Technical Support Engineer in December

I was approached by a HR person on linkedin, had a phone conversation, then a Tech test and nterview with the hiring manager, and then support director .. finally I spent a half day with the support team.

Throughout the process, they seemed really interested in how my company does things, processes and KCS and such like, which I felt was a little odd.

Everything seemed to be really positive and I was promised feenback in a week...after a week I chased feedback..then a no thanks email.

I asked for feedback..and never heard from them again..

Considering that I had taken holiday and spent a half day with them watching the job..i was rather hoping for feedback on why i did not get the role.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

An initial assessment was conducted, followed by an interview with senior managers. The final stage was a technical assessment.

Interview Questions

• The technical assessment involved the creation of a program that needs to meet the provided specifications.   1 Answer