Quest Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Receivable Interview

Accounts Receivable
Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quest Software in October 2010.

Interview Details – Typical two interviews. Met first with the manager, than the supervisor. Somewhat of a reverse order.
I was the first candidate they interviewed, they interviewed others after me. The whole process took about 5 weeks from when I had the first interview to the actual start date.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option.

Campaign Manager Interview

Campaign Manager
Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quest Software in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call within 24 hours of submitting online. The recruiter was pleasant and managed the interview scheduling. The hiring manager and 2 others gave 1:1 interview, 2 in person and 1 phone interview. The people I interviewed with were very pleasant, they asked unique questions. One manager even took notes which made me feel heard and interested. I'm still going through the interview process and regardless if I land the job or not, I have respect for Quest and the culture they obviously work hard to preserve. Great job Quest!!

Interview Questions

• What is your work vs life balance?   View Answer
  • What did I do recently that didn't work out and how did I deal with it?   View Answer

Support Interview

Support
Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Software in July 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a recruiter in HR who posted the position on LinkedIn. I then interviewed with the hiring manager but didn't get the job since they advertised "local candidates only" and I was out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have witih knowledge centered support (KCS)?   View Answer
  • How do you capture and reuse knoweldge?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support
Dublin, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Quest Software in June 2008.

Interview Details – This sales position required an extensive background of successful sales, as well as a drive to perform and a personality to sell.

Interview Question – What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Sales Interview

Software Sales
Dublin, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quest Software in May 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews - first with hiring manager, second with hiring manager's boss.

First interview consisted of company overview and detailed description of the role and some basic questions about my experience, approach, etc. I also met with another team member for a few minutes to ask questions about manager, manager's style, typical day, etc.

Second interview was a pleasant conversation about my experience, why this company, etc. Explained to me that I would likely receive an offer.

Interview Question – What is your sales approach?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company has a set pay level (base + commission) for each position. They refused to make any consolation to show they were extremely interested in me as a candidate - felt more like they were filling a chair. Company's recruiter told me hiring manager left a message that he "had to have me" on his team, but they didn't show this in their offer.

C# .NET Developer for Server Virtualization Interview

C# .NET Developer for Server Virtualization
Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quest Software in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews with Quest Software human resources people. The second phone interview came about one week after the first.

In the first phone interview they sprung a .NET test on me.

They were constantly telling me to read and understand their website for the interview with them. The website was http://www.vizioncore.com.

In the 3rd and final phone interview, a manager asked me questions that lasted for 5 minutes and that wasn't because I didn't have any answers. He only asked 3 questions.

No one got back to me for 2 weeks so I emailed one of the HR people. She told me I didn't get the job. I emailed back letting them know that they were unprofessional to not contact me and let me know as they said they would.

I don't recommend interviewing with Quest Software or any of its subsidiary companies such as Vizioncore. Very unprofessional!

Presales Interview

Presales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quest Software.

Interview Details – Interviewed by an employee who didn't know what to ask. The whole appointment was confusing. Nobody knows about anything about the product area I was starting for. Another appointment was with the Sales Manager and the Presales Manager.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Quest Software in November 2010.

Interview Details – was usual , had a java script on-line exam and then management level interview by phone , after that a 1 to 1 with manager and it turned into an offer .

Interview Question – it was nice , not challenging .   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quest Software in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was well organized and flexible. But the whole procedure seems to take a lot of time. It almost took a month in my case.

Interview Question – Basic questions in the initial rounds, followed by practical hands on interview   Answer Question

Tech Support Role Interview

Tech Support Role
Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Quest Software in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview Details – I finished my interview for Technical Support Engineer in December

I was approached by a HR person on linkedin, had a phone conversation, then a Tech test and nterview with the hiring manager, and then support director .. finally I spent a half day with the support team.

Throughout the process, they seemed really interested in how my company does things, processes and KCS and such like, which I felt was a little odd.

Everything seemed to be really positive and I was promised feenback in a week...after a week I chased feedback..then a no thanks email.

I asked for feedback..and never heard from them again..

Considering that I had taken holiday and spent a half day with them watching the job..i was rather hoping for feedback on why i did not get the role.

Interview Question – how do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quest Software

Worked for Quest Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quest Software interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quest Software employees and interview candidates.