Quest Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Consultant Interview

Systems Consultant
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Quest Software in April 2008.

Interview Details – Headhunted to come to interview. Process prolonged because of a temporary hiring freeze. Once interviewed I was asked to make a Product presentation for one of the Quest Software Products with which I did not have any experience. I had to prepare by reading Product and marketing sheets.

Interview Question – I was asked to make a Product presentation for one of the Quest Software Products with which I did not have any experience. I had to prepare by reading Product and marketing sheets.   Answer Question

APM Sales Interview

APM Sales
Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Quest Software in December 2011.

Interview Details – telephone interview, followed by 1-2-1, then senior manager

Interview Question – usual, no surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they said what the deal was, take it or leave it

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Quest Software

Interview Details – An initial assessment was conducted, followed by an interview with senior managers. The final stage was a technical assessment.

Interview Question – The technical assessment involved the creation of a program that needs to meet the provided specifications.   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quest Software.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty quick. Applied through LinkedIn. Got contacted by HR. First interview was set up in a week with the VP. Once that was cleared, had two follow up interviews with product managers. All the interviews were over phone and lasted around 30 minutes each. Mostly straight forward questions regarding my work experience.

Interview Question – How does their product compare with other products in the market technically.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quest Software in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing manager was refreshingly upfront, said he didn't think this was going to go further. I started the cycle by reaching out to the head of the sales group which seemed to have offended the interviewer. It seemed I was getting and interview because the boss told them to. We went through the motions. I couldn't find much about this company to excite me, so I was probably not a great interview.

Interview Question – A strange question about what I would say if he told me my attainment simply wasn't enough.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Software in November 2011.

Interview Details – First They conducted written test after that group discussion

Interview Question – questions related to core subjects   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Software in January 2008.

Interview Details – Some talking online. Nothing special. There was a fellow we worked with earlier. So we discussed my current state, his current state. He made a proposal to meet and discuss new opportunities. I answered I was not ready, so we talked more and more. That's all

Interview Question – What do you want in life?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't see any benefits I could feel attractive.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Software in January 2012.

Interview Details – I finished my interview for Technical Support Engineer in January and they told they will finalise it in one week but after a week later they emailed me the hiring manager did not select me but another candidate was more suitable. My colleague attended the same interview last month and they told the same thing to him also. Any one selected by this company?

Interview Question – Tell me the critical task you handled in your role?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Quest Software in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviews by two people - both of them very senior and just arrived in from the States to help set up the operation here.

They didn't have any of the attitude I've come across in other companies - they were unassuming and it wasn't a tough interview - there were no questions about weaknesses etc, although I heard they were asking that type of stuff off other candidates.

They didnt go into too much detail on a lot of my CV - just the relevant parts.

There was only one round.

Interview Question – What do you know about Quest?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward - they made an offer which was very good, so I accepted.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Quest Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview focused mostly on questions related to adaptability to change, experience with databases, and launching new software products. The company is growing, so being able to work cross-functionally was an important question area. Also, the company is really pushing towards software as a solution, so hands-on experience in this area was also important. My experience is more general product marketing, so I think the fit was not right. Culture is typical software - very laid back and casual.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with a cross-functional team that included engineer and sales on a technology initiative to help launch a new product to market.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quest Software