Questar Assessment Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brewster, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brewster, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Questar Assessment in February 2010.

I was contacted soon after applying - within a day or two - to set up an interview for the following week. I had one-on-one conversations with several people in the office and took an editing skills test. Overall the people were friendly but I got the impression that some may have felt overworked and put in too many hours for the amount they were paid. The process from interview to offer extended a few more weeks than expected.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was the editing skills test. The ad specified someone with proofreading experience, which I have, but from my past roles I wasn't familiar with the official symbols and markings for editing documents, which it seemed they expected me to use.   Answer Question

The salary offered was less than my current position, with no room for negotiation.

Software Developer/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Questar Assessment in April 2013.

The interviewer was very pleasant and respectful. I was asked to bring my college diploma for proof. So make sure to have that with you. Also take into consideration that you are expected to take exams in the category for which you are applying for. For example, algebra, math, English, etc.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Apple Valley, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Questar Assessment in January 2010.

Great Interview questions and very smooth interview process.

Test Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Questar Assessment in March 2010.

Group meeting to explain Questar and the position of a test scorer. Then took reading comprehension/written language and math test. The tests were scored and then I had an interview. If I remember correctly, I was notified by mail shortly after that I was hired for the next 2 months (evenings, for which I had applied).

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall what the most difficult or unexpected interview question might have been. However, my preference was to score reading comprehension, as this is my strength, and I was thrown off by being asked to answer math questions that I was not certain how to do. I was surprised that this was the area in which I was given the job offer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating the hourly salary, but it was an incentive to know that there was a weekly bonus if you worked the required hours for the week.

Production Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Questar Assessment in May 2012.

A week or two after I submitted my resume in response to a posting on Monster, I received a call from an administrator (not HR) asking if I’d be interested in coming in for testing. Due to vacations, holidays, etc., it took a couple of weeks to get testing scheduled. Testing consists of a reading comprehension test, which, if not passed, excludes you from consideration. Passing, which I did, moves you on to the rest of the tests: Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, proofreading, document markup, and maybe one or two others, all of which combined took about 4 hours but were relatively simple.

About two weeks later, the administrator contacted me to schedule an interview. I was to meet with the hiring manager, the department head, and two other managers in the department. When I arrived, I was told the department head was not in but I did meet with the hiring manager, which seemed to go really well. She told me she definitely wanted to have me back to meet the head of the department. The rest of the interviews went fine and it turned out that one of the other managers I met with had a similar industry background to mine (this is relevant later on).

The next day I received a call from the administrator asking if I could come back to meet with the head of the department. No problem. I came back the following day to meet with her. At one point, as she was scanning through my resume, she said to me “you seem to have everything we are looking for.” She even had me meet with another manager in the department who I was not scheduled to meet that day.

A couple of weeks later I received a letter via snail mail basically saying that they had not found a candidate who had met all of their requirements. They were still looking but I was no longer being considered. It was the strangest thing. I was told I had everything they were looking for during the interview, yet this letter says nobody had met their requirements and I was not being considered even though they hadn’t found a better candidate. I emailed the hiring manager and department head asking for clarification so I could understand where I fell short. No response.

About a month later, I saw the position posted on Monster again. So I emailed the hiring manager and department head asking if the position was still open and, if so, if I could make another case for my candidacy. I finally received a response from the hiring manager who said that I met all their requirements except for one: my background was not in educational publishing; my background was in financial publishing (similar to one of the manager’s I met with). If an educational publishing background was the driving determinant for my not being considered, why waste my time in the first place? They knew my background wasn’t in educational publishing before they even contacted me. I made 3 trips to the company and spent about 7-8 hours there between tests and interviews when I seemingly didn’t really have a shot to begin with.

Document Scanner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Questar Assessment in March 2010.

My staffing agency called me to tell me about the position. They called me in to get a photo ID made, and stated that there would be a background check. That was a Friday, and I started on a Monday. The interview was basically non-existent and after I started, I learned that this company used a lot of Temp workers to work in their company. (In my opinion, they mis-use their Temp workers and generally do not treat them well at all!!!)

Program Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Questar Assessment in October 2012.

I had a phone interview and a face to face interview. They both went well. Very nice people interviewing me. They asked all the right questions, meaning they didn't ask stupid "fluff" questions, like "what is your weakness?"

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I prepared for this interview, and none of the questions were difficult for me. Everything they asked, I had a planned answer for.   Answer Question

Project Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Questar Assessment in March 2008.

Phone interview, 1 in person interview, tour

no problem

IS Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Questar Assessment in June 2009.

I actually interviewed and was hired several years ago, but there wasn't an option for that. I don't remember everything but I know I had a great interview with the supervisor and also with the supervisor's boss. They gave me a detailed picture of what the position was. I had great rapport right away. They communicated well with me throughout the process. I was told that there would be career opportunities, but that wasn't true.

Interview Questions

Worked for Questar Assessment? Contribute to the Community!