Wells Fargo
3.1 of 5 5,500 reviews
www.wellsfargo.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Interview Question

I interviewed in Roanoke, VA and was asked:
"Questions were not unexpected. They centered around previous work experience listed on my resume. My first interview was 1 hour via phone. I was asked to come in for a 2nd interview. I had 2 interviewers who were department supervisors asking the questions. The interview lasted 1 hr. with all my comments written down. Since it is customer service the usual questions were... Describe the most difficult call ? How was the problem resolved? etc.."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Customer Service Representative Interview Review - one of 2,252 Wells Fargo Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Since banking is dealing with customer's money there are a lot of escalated calls. An employee has to be comfortable with this on a daily basis. Phone customer service can be very stressful. Plus any customer service representative these days must up-sell and cross-sell to meet company incentives. Out of an average day of 100 back to back calls a rep is expected to make at least 27 sales refferals for other bank services. If you cannot you will not last long at Wells Fargo. This puts a lot of pressure on the employee and the supervisors to meet company expectations. I realized during the interview... the job wasn't for me. I'm in my fifties and I got the impression they were also looking to hire a younger staff... Also as with any job that offers benefits there were many applicants interviewing.
- Interview Candidate on Aug 12, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.