Questrade

Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.5

Production Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Questrade in June 2013.

I applied online and got a phone interview scheduled by HR the next day. Other than generic questions (career goals, why QT etc. ) she asked me to list some basic Unix commands used for system monitoring. An interview was scheduled the next day with the team lead and the director of support.
    The interview was very stressful. I was interrupted all the time. I am not sure if this was an arbitrary attempt to see how candidates function under stress or a reflection of stress within the team. After quite challenging questions on Unix and system architecture they asked me about different situation I could encounter when doing support and what will be my course of actions. I was also asked basic SQL and domain questions. Financial questions: what is a GTC order, how do you lower an order priority on an exchange.
    I got an email the following week saying that they picked another candidate but I am encouraged to keep applying as they have lots of staff turnover. I am not surprised why.

Interview Questions
    • Load averages in Linux, differences between df and du, how will you be troubleshooting an IO issue...   Answer Question

CSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Questrade in April 2010.

phone screening, followed by in person interview. The screening portion is important. If they dont like you on the phone, they wont ask you in for an interview. So, if you are busy when they call you, ask to be called back, instead of hurrying up the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • for inexperienced people, this would be industry related question.   Answer Question

CSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Questrade in January 2011.

phone interview, then face to face with supervisors, manager

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions on how to handle irrated customer   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Questrade in November 2009.

I was interviewed over phone and was invited to the office. I wrote a small test (technical) and sat for 1:1 interview. I received emailed confirmation in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There was no surprise question. It is important to have knowledge about capital market (stock and option) and security trading. There will be technical questions.   Answer Question

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Questrade in June 2012.

Phone Call
    Panel Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Questrade in February 2011.

Submit Application online at www.questrade.com
    Source the appropriate referral
    Wait for email confirmation
    Wait for phone Interview
    Wait for in-person interview
    Wait for GOOD NEWS!
    Be a part of a great team!

Salary + Profit Sharing. However, this is position and department specific.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Questrade.

Contacted by HR and done five minutes phone interview. And then met with manager for face to face interview. The whole process lasted within 2 weeks. Exceptionally efficient. However due to its online brokerage, I was required to sign several disclosure including if holding any other brokerage accounts. HR people are generally polite and professional. Two business references are required in order to get hired which is generally acceptable.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because salary is way more than my previous company

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Questrade in May 2014.

Went to Yonge and Finch for an interview. Interview was held in the top floor of the building. Chatted for around 15 mins and walked out. Told to wait for response by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most difficult situation in previous jobs?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Questrade.

You will be prescreened by HR and you will be expected to write a test on your knowledge of the stock market and trading. After that you will complete an initial interview with the HR representative who will determine if they will continue with your application. The successfull candidates will then have to do a second interview infront of the Service supervisors (a panel of 2 or 3)

No negotiations

Clients Services Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Questrade in September 2014.

Called for a phone interview on basic interview questions. Invited to company eight days later. There was a computer test sesion and also a face to face interview session on that day. Nothing suprising, but not all the interviewers were very friendly. Received a decline email whithin one week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have dispute with your customer.
      What is a limit order?