Questrade Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Questrade.

You will be prescreened by HR and you will be expected to write a test on your knowledge of the stock market and trading. After that you will complete an initial interview with the HR representative who will determine if they will continue with your application. The successfull candidates will then have to do a second interview infront of the Service supervisors (a panel of 2 or 3)

No negotiations

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Questrade in July 2014.

I applied online. Got an email about best time to talk with HR. HR called me and matched the requirements of job with my skillset. She also asked why I am interested in this job and position. why this position attracts me. How much experience I have relavant to position? How will I handle conflicts within team.
    Then she scheduled a face to face interview. Here I got a big mistake, I reached there for interview 20 minutes late. The interviews were not have enough time to assess me as they ended interview right after 40 minutes. I was able to see that they have questions but they don't have time as they have to vacant to interview place for some other activity.
    Interviewers attitude was good, they were asking much on team management, less on technologies.
    after 2 days I got an email from Hr that they will decide about my case in next week, I thought they are searching for some other interviews and if they didn't find then they will hire me.
    My assumption was correct, next week I got an email that they have selected someone else.
    My negatives here were :
     I was late in interview.
    I had management experience from Pakistan.

Interview Questions
    • There were not much difficult questions, they were more management oriented:
      How will you resolve conflict between your team members?
      What will you do if you are in a situation that one of your team member is not working rightly?
        Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Questrade in May 2014.

Went to Yonge and Finch for an interview. Interview was held in the top floor of the building. Chatted for around 15 mins and walked out. Told to wait for response by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most difficult situation in previous jobs?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Questrade.

Contacted by HR and done five minutes phone interview. And then met with manager for face to face interview. The whole process lasted within 2 weeks. Exceptionally efficient. However due to its online brokerage, I was required to sign several disclosure including if holding any other brokerage accounts. HR people are generally polite and professional. Two business references are required in order to get hired which is generally acceptable.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because salary is way more than my previous company

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Questrade in April 2011.

No HR interview, only one face to face interview with supervisor and manager.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions and knowledge from csc   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Questrade in February 2011.

Submit Application online at www.questrade.com
    Source the appropriate referral
    Wait for email confirmation
    Wait for phone Interview
    Wait for in-person interview
    Wait for GOOD NEWS!
    Be a part of a great team!

Salary + Profit Sharing. However, this is position and department specific.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Questrade in October 2013.

interview with 3 HR individuals and a 10 minute computer drill.

HR asks you about were you wanna be in 5 years, basic stuff like options, rsp ect. Lot of questions about customer service best practice or whats important. The computer drill is a tying test, multiple choice financial question and were you wanna be in five years.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Questrade.

Low stress phone interview, the questions were as expected. Eg. What is your 5 year plan and why do you choose Questrade. They also ask you about your customer service experience on the phone.

Production Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Questrade in June 2013.

I applied online and got a phone interview scheduled by HR the next day. Other than generic questions (career goals, why QT etc. ) she asked me to list some basic Unix commands used for system monitoring. An interview was scheduled the next day with the team lead and the director of support.
    The interview was very stressful. I was interrupted all the time. I am not sure if this was an arbitrary attempt to see how candidates function under stress or a reflection of stress within the team. After quite challenging questions on Unix and system architecture they asked me about different situation I could encounter when doing support and what will be my course of actions. I was also asked basic SQL and domain questions. Financial questions: what is a GTC order, how do you lower an order priority on an exchange.
    I got an email the following week saying that they picked another candidate but I am encouraged to keep applying as they have lots of staff turnover. I am not surprised why.

Interview Questions
    • Load averages in Linux, differences between df and du, how will you be troubleshooting an IO issue...   Answer Question

New Accounts Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Questrade.

Had a phone interview before moving on to actual interview. The second interview felt kind of fake as if their minds had already been made to hire someone else. So we just sat there and chitchatted about random stuff. No notes, paperwork was made, which led me to believe that.

Worked for Questrade? Contribute to the Community!