Questrade Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Lovely. The team leader himself interviewed me in the first round. An adorable young man with bright future for sure. Starting from "tell me about projects you involved. as more as possible." Then several technical questions, like the difference between "==" and "===". At the end he told me about the next two rounds, which will be a project and an ordinary interview, you know, like "tell me about yourself". Wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• the difference between "==" and "==="   1 Answer

New Accounts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Questrade in November 2014.

Interview

I got referred by a employee and I got a phone interview on the same day. Not hard, tell me about your customer service experience and ask some questions like what's your salary expectation, your availability and other lauguage you can speak. I wasn't asked to come into office for a interview and I receive a email saying this position has been fullfilled. I guess I should apply earlier.

CSS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Questrade (North York, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

first phone interview with a HR intern, next day I was told to on-site interview in two weeks.
    on-site interview: there were 8 candidates for this position, first company and position intro for all, then half went to take computer test, the other half had interview with a panel one by one

Interview Questions

• computer test, whats options, what's your goal, why questrade, what do you think of customer service   Answer Question

Client Services Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone interview is easy. They ask mostly about what you know about the market, 5 year career goal and customer service experience. It only takes about 10 minute. Got invited to a group interview thereafter

Clients Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Questrade in September 2014.

Interview

Called for a phone interview on basic interview questions. Invited to company eight days later. There was a computer test sesion and also a face to face interview session on that day. Nothing suprising, but not all the interviewers were very friendly. Received a decline email whithin one week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have dispute with your customer.
      What is a limit order?

Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Questrade.

Interview

You will be prescreened by HR and you will be expected to write a test on your knowledge of the stock market and trading. After that you will complete an initial interview with the HR representative who will determine if they will continue with your application. The successfull candidates will then have to do a second interview infront of the Service supervisors (a panel of 2 or 3)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email about best time to talk with HR. HR called me and matched the requirements of job with my skillset. She also asked why I am interested in this job and position. why this position attracts me. How much experience I have relavant to position? How will I handle conflicts within team.
    Then she scheduled a face to face interview. Here I got a big mistake, I reached there for interview 20 minutes late. The interviews were not have enough time to assess me as they ended interview right after 40 minutes. I was able to see that they have questions but they don't have time as they have to vacant to interview place for some other activity.
    Interviewers attitude was good, they were asking much on team management, less on technologies.
    after 2 days I got an email from Hr that they will decide about my case in next week, I thought they are searching for some other interviews and if they didn't find then they will hire me.
    My assumption was correct, next week I got an email that they have selected someone else.
    My negatives here were :
     I was late in interview.
    I had management experience from Pakistan.

Interview Questions

• There were not much difficult questions, they were more management oriented:
      How will you resolve conflict between your team members?
      What will you do if you are in a situation that one of your team member is not working rightly?

Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Went to Yonge and Finch for an interview. Interview was held in the top floor of the building. Chatted for around 15 mins and walked out. Told to wait for response by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What is your most difficult situation in previous jobs?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted by HR and done five minutes phone interview. And then met with manager for face to face interview. The whole process lasted within 2 weeks. Exceptionally efficient. However due to its online brokerage, I was required to sign several disclosure including if holding any other brokerage accounts. HR people are generally polite and professional. Two business references are required in order to get hired which is generally acceptable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because salary is way more than my previous company

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

interview with 3 HR individuals and a 10 minute computer drill.

HR asks you about were you wanna be in 5 years, basic stuff like options, rsp ect. Lot of questions about customer service best practice or whats important. The computer drill is a tying test, multiple choice financial question and were you wanna be in five years.