Questrade

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Support Specialist Interview

Production Support Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Questrade in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone interview scheduled by HR the next day. Other than generic questions (career goals, why QT etc. ) she asked me to list some basic Unix commands used for system monitoring. An interview was scheduled the next day with the team lead and the director of support.
The interview was very stressful. I was interrupted all the time. I am not sure if this was an arbitrary attempt to see how candidates function under stress or a reflection of stress within the team. After quite challenging questions on Unix and system architecture they asked me about different situation I could encounter when doing support and what will be my course of actions. I was also asked basic SQL and domain questions. Financial questions: what is a GTC order, how do you lower an order priority on an exchange.
I got an email the following week saying that they picked another candidate but I am encouraged to keep applying as they have lots of staff turnover. I am not surprised why.

Interview Question – Load averages in Linux, differences between df and du, how will you be troubleshooting an IO issue...   Answer Question

Worked for Questrade? Contribute to the Community!