Quicken Loans

Relevance Date Difficulty

Document Specialist Interview

Document Specialist
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a few different jobs on quickenloans.com. About a week later I received a phone call from Quicken telling me that they were interested in me as a candidate, but that I wouldn't go in for Quicken directly. He said to expect to hear from Aerotek about possible job opportunities. Two days later, I got a call from a recruiter at Aerotek, a staffing agency, but this particular, section of the agency only hires for Quicken Loans.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, scheduled an in person interview for the next day. Before the in person interview I was emailed the link to three typing tests -- wpm, alpha numeric and numeric. Met with the recruiter in person and it went well. I spoke with the recruiter again a few times while he was trying to reach my references and once more, the next day and was told that if I was interested in the position offered, that I was conditionally hired pending a background check. I was told the background check could take up to two weeks.

In the meantime, the next day at 10am, I was scheduled for a paperwork session, wherein I filled out employment documents -- Direct Deposit form, MI-W4, Federal W-4, DW-4..., etc. This took less than an hour.

Nine days later I got a call that I passed my background check and was given my start date. The whole process from application to actual hire date took about three weeks. My start date was two weeks from the day I was officially hired.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions. It was all pretty standard. That being said, I am always thrown by how to look when they ask why I left my last job. The simple answer is income or drama. I'm always afraid my face is telling the truth, while my mouth is being very political.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew what the position started at before I applied and it was already acceptable to me, so there was no need to negotiate.

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!