Quicken Loans Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I was first contacted by HR through phone. He asked about my experiences in the resume, what kind of work I wanted to do, when I would be able to work and whether I was able to do a full-time intern etc. One or two weeks later, he phoned again saying a team would like to see some work samples. Several days after I sent them, he phoned and said the team would like to interview me, and set up a time for us. The second was a group phone interview with the team. They let me introduce myself first, then asked me mostly technical questions, and lastly let me ask them some questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2015.

2 phone interviews that were pretty easy. Just random fit questions and such to see if you are what they want for the company.. As long as you can describe why you want to work for the company you should be fine. Overall not too bad it ended up being good experience at least to get used to interviews and stuff

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2015.

Received a call from an HR representative about a week after applying. HR rep told me they would be in touch soon. HR rep was very nice and personable. Made you feel comfortable throughout entire phone interview. Lasted about 15 minutes total. Still waiting to hear back a week after phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why your major?
      Worst thing that has ever happened to you professionally?
      How did you hear about us?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2015.

Initial HR screening, followed by a technical round by the team for which you're applying. Mostly OOP questions. I was applying for a Mobile App Developer Intern, so asked me about all the Objevtive-C and Android programming questions. They'll dig more on your previous projects and ask questions based on that. Don't cook stuff up.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in November 2014.

Short over the phone screening interview with a general human resources representative. After that, then you have a more in depth phone interview with a recruiting rep from the specific field you are applying for. After that then you fill out an application and then after this is looked through by the "leaders" you are given a credit authorization form so they can see you're not wanted by the IRS before they hire you to originate mortgages. I believe a third in person interview is the next step.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest professional situation you've ever had to deal with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Applied online. Got a call the next day from recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. My recruiter also wanted to make sure I was a good fit for Quicken in general. Scheduled a preliminary interview over the phone. After prelim interview got another call scheduling a on site interview. Haven't been to interview yet but i hope it goes well.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't get the job you're applying for are there any other positions you're interested in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Contacted by recruiter after submitting resume. First phone call to determine if it was a cultural fit-- behavior questions, experience discussion. Next phone call with a different recruiter to discuss a specific position and other possible interests

Intern Interview

Applied online and received a generic call from HR. A few weeks later, a technical interview took place and then a team interview. The questions with the HR were very basic - describe yourself, what do you do, etc. She was very friendly and asked me if I any questions. The technical interview was over the phone as well. They want to see what team and department with be the best fit for you skill and interest set.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Why Quicken Loans?
    How do you work in a team?
    Name a challenge you have had in your work experience?
    Interns partake in a lot of social activities. How would you balance this with your work load?