Quicken Loans

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Why Quicken Loans?
How do you work in a team?
Name a challenge you have had in your work experience?
Interns partake in a lot of social activities. How would you balance this with your work load?

Interview Question – How would you fill an empty room with balloons?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews with an HR person. Simple questions regarding what you know about the company, and few behavioral questions. Fun, young HR department that makes you feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Not to hard. Make sure you do some research on the company first.
Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Interns are always paid $11 per hour.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very helpful throughout the whole process, however they never answered whenever I called which was frustrating, but they always called back. interview wasn't too hard but not too easy. First interview was pretty basic, they gaged my interests and personality, 5-10 mins. Second was harder, 20-25 mins.

Interview Question – Talk about a time your were competitive. Do you like being competitive? Talk about your academics and extracirrculars. What does quicken loans do? What division are you most interest in? What skills and traits do you have that would help you in the division you want to be in? Talk about a time when you struggles and faced hardship and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Strict $11/hr. Mortgage Bankers start June 2.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiting team was great at reaching out initially. They kept in constant contact with me and kept me informed on positions that were fitting for me. I was turned down several positions but you have to be adamant about it. I received an offer 3 months after I applied. I was turned down 3 or 4 positions in the mean time.

Interview Question – How did you hear about the company and why do you want to work for QL   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate my start date, hourly wage is set and competitive for an intern position

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Applied through their website was contacted within a week, but an interview was not scheduled for another two weeks. My resume was then passed along to someone else after about a month conducted the same phone interview with me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you made a mistake   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews

Interview Question – Describe a time you overcame a mistake   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter reached out to me about the intern position, an half an hour conversation about my interest, asked me how well I know about QL, and a behavioral question (how you face challenge) . Recruiter called me back a week later and set up for a interview, I chose face to face. The interview with the team were purely technical, they were basically testing how well I know in my field.

Interview Question – If you know well about your field and do your homework about what you have learn, it would be difficult.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called a week after and set up a phone screen. They asked simple behavioral questions questions. The guy seemed like he did not like what he was doing because from the beginning he was very boring explaining the company. Said I would hear back in a few days, three weeks later I heard back late at night.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral or tell me about this job or that. Hardest thing you had to do in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got the phone interview in Februray with a campus recruiter. Normal behavior questions. What do you know about company? challenges? your projects?

Interview Question – challenges in professional way.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – The interviewers are not HR knowledgable.

Reason for Declining – Too elitist.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quicken Loans

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quicken Loans Intern interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quicken Loans employees and interview candidates.