Quicken Loans

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.6

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in November 2014.

Short over the phone screening interview with a general human resources representative. After that, then you have a more in depth phone interview with a recruiting rep from the specific field you are applying for. After that then you fill out an application and then after this is looked through by the "leaders" you are given a credit authorization form so they can see you're not wanted by the IRS before they hire you to originate mortgages. I believe a third in person interview is the next step.

Interview Questions
  • What was the hardest professional situation you've ever had to deal with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Applied online. Got a call the next day from recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. My recruiter also wanted to make sure I was a good fit for Quicken in general. Scheduled a preliminary interview over the phone. After prelim interview got another call scheduling a on site interview. Haven't been to interview yet but i hope it goes well.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't get the job you're applying for are there any other positions you're interested in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Contacted by recruiter after submitting resume. First phone call to determine if it was a cultural fit-- behavior questions, experience discussion. Next phone call with a different recruiter to discuss a specific position and other possible interests

Intern Interview

Applied online and received a generic call from HR. A few weeks later, a technical interview took place and then a team interview. The questions with the HR were very basic - describe yourself, what do you do, etc. She was very friendly and asked me if I any questions. The technical interview was over the phone as well. They want to see what team and department with be the best fit for you skill and interest set.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Why Quicken Loans?
    How do you work in a team?
    Name a challenge you have had in your work experience?
    Interns partake in a lot of social activities. How would you balance this with your work load?

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied through their website was contacted within a week, but an interview was not scheduled for another two weeks. My resume was then passed along to someone else after about a month conducted the same phone interview with me.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

2 Interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and they called a week after and set up a phone screen. They asked simple behavioral questions questions. The guy seemed like he did not like what he was doing because from the beginning he was very boring explaining the company. Said I would hear back in a few days, three weeks later I heard back late at night.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all behavioral or tell me about this job or that. Hardest thing you had to do in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Very helpful throughout the whole process, however they never answered whenever I called which was frustrating, but they always called back. interview wasn't too hard but not too easy. First interview was pretty basic, they gaged my interests and personality, 5-10 mins. Second was harder, 20-25 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time your were competitive. Do you like being competitive? Talk about your academics and extracirrculars. What does quicken loans do? What division are you most interest in? What skills and traits do you have that would help you in the division you want to be in? Talk about a time when you struggles and faced hardship and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    Strict $11/hr. Mortgage Bankers start June 2.