Quicken Loans Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
263 interviews

2.7

N/A Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2014.

Applied for more than one position and received a call to set up a phone interview. The questions asked were very basic, and about my resume, and what I knew about the company, but the interviewer seemed to be stuck on my response to the "Salary requirements" question. I was not sure how to respond because she did not make it clear which job she was calling about. When I gave my answer she said....."Is that where you are comfortable" I kind of stumbled and said of course I would like more. I was told that she would talk it over with her co-workers and give me feedback the next week (this was on a Friday). She called Monday and after some phone tag I finally got her the next day and she sounded like she was reading a script and said she was going with another candidate.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Questions
    • if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

IT Vendor Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2013.

I started my interview as an intern - I was asked a lot about my collegiate activities, extracurriculars, job experience, why I was looking at Quicken Loans, why I was looking at Technology within Quicken Loans, etc. The first time around, things went very smoothly. The second time around for another internship had a few hiccups because I was able to skip over the interview process and my background check was delayed because I didn't follow standard process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I could picture my dream future, what would I be doing and how I planned on getting there. It was very hard because I never had hard-set dreams.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2013.

Professional and courteous - Contacted by phone after online application - I later found out that they selected applicants primarily from Detroit If you have talent and live in that area - apply they need talent - It seems that that their current staff is below average in handling problems

Interview Questions
    • What was the most recent decision you made that you regretted   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

It was very simple and the communication was very timely and I felt valued as an applicant. It was phone interviews and they immediately let me knew if i were selected or not. The recruiters were always connected and responded to us within a day.

Interview Questions
    • What was my expectation of this internship program?   View Answer

Training Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Outstanding recruiting process. Recruiters were always professional and responsive to emails and phone calls within 24 hours. Be sure you are just as responsive to your recruiter (don't be afraid to call or email back with questions, and always return their calls/emails), because client service is a big part of their culture and they hold it close to the chest.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure you research what's going on in the community and all the growth and events taking place in Detroit.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

First step was applying online on their website. The next step was getting the first call, where they set up a quick phone interview for a later date. That interview is a personality test. A quick brief summary of your resume. If you're a match, they will set up another phone interview. (Note: they might not set it up during the first one, so don't freak out). Second interview will be with a senior recruiter, or the team you might be on. These interviews are personality tests as well. Just certain key questions to see if you match our culture here. Just be yourself! Don't try to sound all smart and use huge words out of place. If you are a good person, with a good attitude, and a willingness to learn, you will get a job here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you fit for the culture here at Quicken Loans? You have to describe yourself in a way that isn't too ostentatious, but definitely confident.   Answer Question
    You can pick your start and end dates pretty flexibly.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Recruiter asks you basic questions, then you have 1:1 with a peer, with some technical questions, and the last part requires interviewing against a panel of their best.
    Extremely difficult technical questions, really tests your knowledge on best practices and the know how to get the best performance out of the language. I am sure it is pretty important that you are a positive thinker too, and seem like someone who doesn't get frustrated by challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Basically asked you how to setup a specific database based on specific parameters.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate, but you better know your stuff.

Recruiting Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

amazing. Contacted me within 2 days of applying and kept me up to date through out the ENTIRE recruiting process. The only thing that took a while was the background check but I understand because it is a financial institution.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst thing to happen to you professionally   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate because internships are a set rate.

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!