Quicken Loans

Getting the Interview

230 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Internship Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very simple, two phone interviews, moving to technical

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   Answer Question

Intern Position Interview

Interviewed at Quicken Loans

Interview Details – The process took about a month, I applied online and found them at a college career fair as well.

1. Had a call with HR to get a better feel for my interests
2. Another call w/ HR with more specific questions about a position that they felt fit me
3. Call with the team leader, very specific questions involving the position
4. Call with the team leader and one team member, again specific questions involving the position and team.

The questions weren't difficult or unexpected, and they called me a week and a half after my last interview to let me know that they were going to move on with other candidates.

Interview Question – Talk about specific projects related to the position you're being interviewed for   Answer Question

Program Management Intern Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I handed my resume to them in the career fair in October. It is surprise to receive a call from them in April. I have a chat with someone in the recruiting team for 15 minutes. Then I received the feedback from them to give me a phone interview with the someone in IT department.

Interview Question – What's the biggest obstacle you overcome in working environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Applied through their website was contacted within a week, but an interview was not scheduled for another two weeks. My resume was then passed along to someone else after about a month conducted the same phone interview with me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you made a mistake   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews

Interview Question – Describe a time you overcame a mistake   Answer Question

Sumer Intern Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Numerous Phone Interviews, Basic Questions in the beginning, then more job specific questions in later rounds.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you failed, and what did about it afterwards.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – Telephonic

Interview Question – Everything is expected ,basics of .NET and oop   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple.

The first interview is a 30minute phone interview about your background, resume, and interest in Quicken, just to make sure you would fit into their culture.

The second interview is really just an extended version of the first one. However, they go much further into the specifics about the job, and make sure that you are willing to commit the large amount of time you will be expected to commit to Quicken. This interview lasts about an hour.

The third interview was an in-person interview with one of the hiring managers. He was very cool, very laid back, but also very passionate about Quicken Loans and the competitive culture that exists. After what felt like a regular conversation for about 30 minutes, he took me out onto the banking floor to get a first hand perspective about what working there might be like. The purchase bankers are very friendly, and the culture in there is truly amazing! It is, however, just a call-center on steroids.

The interview process is truly stress free, just have an idea of why you are interested in working at Quicken, and avoid talking about them being ranked as a top place to work too much (THAT'S TOO OBVIOUS).

Interview Question – No unexpected questions:

Why Quicken?
Are you willing to work weekends?
What would you do if you haven't closed a loan in weeks?
How do you work in teams, and what is your value in that team?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job did not match career aspirations of mine.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within a few days. He only asked a few general questions then informed me he was sending an email with instructions for my in person interview. In the interview, the recruiter was very nice and the setting was pretty laid back. He asked for examples of situations like "a time at work I was faced with a challenge" and "how I would typically handle selling a product to a customer". I was then given a sheet with some basic information about Quickens company Quizzle. He gave me a few minutes to study it then I was to dial the number on the sheet and try to sell the product to the customer. It was a mock sales call and the person on the line was someone in the office. After the call, he came back in and explained the basics of the training process and pay rate. I've worked at the same place since high school so the interview process is still a little stressful but overall it was a fairly laid back interview.

Interview Question – The mock sales call was a little strange. I've dealt with customers on the phone for years but the fact that this call was set up and I knew very little about the product threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Applied and was called the next day by a recruiter for a phone screening and then scheduled a face-to-face interview for the following day. I interviewed with the recruiter and I thought it went well - he asked me the basic interview questions and he outlined the job for me. He set me up to be interviewed by a Banking Director or Team Leader a couple days later. He was super laid-back and didn't make me feel nervous at all, just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work there. I asked him a couple questions about the job and then he took me down to the call floor where I sat with a banker and watched him work for about a half an hour and then my interview was over. They called me the next week and said they were going with other candidates and the recruiter recommended me for an internship.

Interview Question – At the end of the second interview with the recruiter I was asked to make a sales call to another employee in the building. The recruiter left me for about 5-7 minutes with some material to review and then I had to make a call. They repeatedly say you don't need any skills or sales experience to be hired but I kind of think that's bull. Anyway, I thought I did pretty all right for my first-ever sales call (but I didn't get offered the job so I might just think more highly of myself than Quicken Loans does).   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quicken Loans

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quicken Loans interview questions and advice. All 230 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quicken Loans employees and interview candidates.