Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me for the initial phone screening. After passing the phone screening, I had two more phone interviews. The questions for typical of any ordinary phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you did wrong at your last job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Applied online. Got a call the next day from recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. My recruiter also wanted to make sure I was a good fit for Quicken in general. Scheduled a preliminary interview over the phone. After prelim interview got another call scheduling a on site interview. Haven't been to interview yet but i hope it goes well.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't get the job you're applying for are there any other positions you're interested in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Contacted by recruiter after submitting resume. First phone call to determine if it was a cultural fit-- behavior questions, experience discussion. Next phone call with a different recruiter to discuss a specific position and other possible interests

Intern Interview

Applied online and received a generic call from HR. A few weeks later, a technical interview took place and then a team interview. The questions with the HR were very basic - describe yourself, what do you do, etc. She was very friendly and asked me if I any questions. The technical interview was over the phone as well. They want to see what team and department with be the best fit for you skill and interest set.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Questions
    • if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Outstanding recruiting process. Recruiters were always professional and responsive to emails and phone calls within 24 hours. Be sure you are just as responsive to your recruiter (don't be afraid to call or email back with questions, and always return their calls/emails), because client service is a big part of their culture and they hold it close to the chest.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure you research what's going on in the community and all the growth and events taking place in Detroit.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Recruiter asks you basic questions, then you have 1:1 with a peer, with some technical questions, and the last part requires interviewing against a panel of their best.
    Extremely difficult technical questions, really tests your knowledge on best practices and the know how to get the best performance out of the language. I am sure it is pretty important that you are a positive thinker too, and seem like someone who doesn't get frustrated by challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Basically asked you how to setup a specific database based on specific parameters.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate, but you better know your stuff.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

First step was applying online on their website. The next step was getting the first call, where they set up a quick phone interview for a later date. That interview is a personality test. A quick brief summary of your resume. If you're a match, they will set up another phone interview. (Note: they might not set it up during the first one, so don't freak out). Second interview will be with a senior recruiter, or the team you might be on. These interviews are personality tests as well. Just certain key questions to see if you match our culture here. Just be yourself! Don't try to sound all smart and use huge words out of place. If you are a good person, with a good attitude, and a willingness to learn, you will get a job here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you fit for the culture here at Quicken Loans? You have to describe yourself in a way that isn't too ostentatious, but definitely confident.   Answer Question
    You can pick your start and end dates pretty flexibly.

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!