Quicken Loans

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Referred by a friend. Recruiter called me the next day to set up a basic phone interview. Phone interview ended with having to consent to get a credit check. Received a called the same day after the credit check to schedule first in person interview.

First interview was with the recruiter. Basic interview questions... Strengths, weaknesses, working in teams, etc.

Called back next day to schedule second interview with area VP. Second interview consisted of shadowing people in various stages of the mortgage banker position and an interview with the VP of the area. Questions were geared towards the type of person I was. Again strengths, weaknesses, how I could benefit from the company, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would change about my life if I tripled what I made?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Client Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I was called on the phone and they asked me questions about what I was looking for. Then I got a second call to set up an interview. Received a call for a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions and such.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult task at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Client Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

I received a call from a Quicken Loan Recruiter. He went over my resume and wanted a career summary. He explained the position is a contract position with Aerotek which could lead to a permanent position with Quicken Loans. You're required to work 9-7 (3 days),10-8 (2 days) and every other Saturday (10-4). No paid time off (including holidays). Second interview with another recruiter, interview questions consisted of easy customer service issues (ex. tell me how you handle irate customer, how to handle a question you don't have the answer to).Third interview with a team leader. I decline to move on with the interview, hours too long for individual with a family, pay to start $13.47 however you make decent money by working overtime which is 50-55 hours a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the worse experience in your career outside of layoff, termination or personal situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

First interview,A phone interview by a recruiter asking about some personality questions and backgrounds,And then move on with another recruiter's phone interview asking some technical questions and background check.The whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult part in your projects you have done and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in November 2014.

Short over the phone screening interview with a general human resources representative. After that, then you have a more in depth phone interview with a recruiting rep from the specific field you are applying for. After that then you fill out an application and then after this is looked through by the "leaders" you are given a credit authorization form so they can see you're not wanted by the IRS before they hire you to originate mortgages. I believe a third in person interview is the next step.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest professional situation you've ever had to deal with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and after three weeks I received a call. After an over the phone interview the recruiter said he would get back to me after a few days. Then I got called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They set up a mock sale over the phone while at the in person interview. After 2-3 minutes I was told to call a number and sell an internet protection plan. I had the caller going and then he said he would have to talk to his wife to get an answer and then I didn't continue on.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

First a phone interview, then a face to face. In the interview they ask the typical questions. Tell me a time you had a problem with...etc. Also did a test sales call.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation when you did not agree with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Mortgage Bankery Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

30 minute Phone Interview, Interview with your specific recruiter for about an hour, then interview with a director and brief job shadow lasts about and hour depending on the job shadow, after a few days the initial job was offered. The background check is very intensive.

Interview Questions
    • Intensive first interview about school, educational, and personal background. Also, prepare for an unexpected sales call.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, base salary with commission

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in October 2014.

Online Application- Phone Interview with Junior Recruiter- Phone Interview with Senior Recruiter- In Person Interview with HM and Team Manager.

To anyone considering applying to QL for the Underwriter role- DON'T! It is a complete sham of a sweat shop that offers you no transferable skills, no quality of life, and insulting salary.

No transferable skills. QL breaks down their underwriting into bits, so each person is doing only small part of the work on the loan. IE, you may be doing just incomes, another underwriter may be doing just collateral. Your job is extremely menial and narrow, and you will be doing same thing 100 times a day. There are literally zero skills involved in their underwriting roles. You are an assembly line/sweat shop drone doing your small parts time and time again.

No quality of life.During the phone interview they have a nerve to ask: do you have any vacation plans for the next SIX months? Are you planning to take any time off in the next SIX months? They also tell you to expect 55-60 hour work weeks MINIMUM. You are required to work TWO Saturdays every month too. Sounds fun? Best part is still to come.

Insulting pay. They offer you $45,000.00 FIXED SALARY to start regardless of your experience. They do NOT pay you overtime. And they expect you make up the money in their "bonuses" which they don't disclose during the interview. Every normal underwriting job pays $60,000-$65,000 and pays you OT, this sweat shop of a place just insults you. They refuse to give you the exact bonus break downs even if you ask.

Do not bother applying here or interviewing. This place is a sweat shop and a joke! Avoid at all costs.

Interview Questions
    • Are you planning to take any time off in the next 6 months?
      Are you OK working 60 hour weeks, holidays, and weekends?

Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Pretty Quick and Simple. I received a phone interview and got a call back for a second interview. They you give you a scenario for where you have to sell something to a made up client. Overall pretty simple