Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Went Pretty good. the whole process was about the job and the responsibilities and the job work. we will the details of what the work is going on in the company, and what we have to do after joining the company.

Interview Questions

• Everything about the job and technical.   1 Answer

Mortgage Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Fairly easy over the phone interview. I was referred by an employee, so that could have been the reason for skipping over an in- person. I got a call a few days later that I was offered the internship. The only confusing part about the process was that there were multiple people from HR contacting me, which became confusing at times.

Interview Questions

• What was it about Quicken Loans, that made me want to work there?   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Interview

Brought into the office and asked to do a mock call where one of the employees calls you and you have to convince them to buy a mortgage. Explained the process of the job and the long hours that it will entail.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours including 60 hours?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

First a telephonic interwiew with recruter. Then second round again a telephonic interview. There was some mobile range problem when they called me. So I was not comfortable with the process. It was a 30 minut interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. what is the biggest accomplishment in your life? 2. why do you want to join this company? 3. talk about your previous experience. 5. will you be available this semester?   Answer Question

Account Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Very welcoming, interesting questions. Everyone was very helpful and gave quite a bit of information about the position and company.the process took quite while, but it was a wonderful experience and gave me wisdom for future interviews

Interview Questions

• What are things you could improve on   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

phone interview. cannot hear clearly. asked me if I can do internship and my skillsets. Kind of rude because they said you may not have the skills in your resume, some people just fake it.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Strange screening process where you apply for a specific job, they then play phone tag with you (not willing to work via email to schedule the phone chat). When you do get on the phone with them, they make it sound like they're considering you for any role in the organization, rather than the one you are applying for. In my case I was inquiring about a fairly senior role, so I made sure to communicate that I wasn't applying for anything less senior. Then there's a Q and A about your job history and why you left each position - which I get why recruiters ask, but especially in tech it's getting more and more the norm that people move on every 2-4 years. I was told that people typically work 60 hour weeks and that I would get a call back if I was a fit for any of their openings. The call ended without ever discussing the position I actually applied for. Very odd. I heard a couple of days later they were moving on to other candidates - which was fine as I'd already moved on as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job (s)? Are you willing to work 60+ hour weeks? Have you ever been fired or involuntarily terminated?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I applied online through their website. A recruiter contacted me within a week. The first interview was brief, all general questions about my GPA (which they didn't check), my major, why I wanted to work for the company and what I already knew about Quicken Loans through my own research (I hadn't done any so that was a little awkward to answer). After the first phone interview, I was contacted and told I would have a follow up interview over the phone in a few days. However, the interviewer had to reschedule with me twice (I was never told why). The second interview was a little more difficult, more questions based on my experience, handling conflict, and professionalism. I was then asked to step into the facility itself for an interview in person. This was very casual, everyone was very friendly and acted as if they were ready to offer me a position. And they did! The next day I was called by the recruiter and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a negative experience you've had with a supervisor or manager. How did you handle this conflict?   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple overall! I worried the entire time and was on Glassdoor probably about twenty times during this entire process, trying to be somewhat prepared. (It worked for me. So please read these!) I first received a phone call from my recruiter asking general questions such as availability, what I'm looking to do at Quicken Loans, etcetera. To be a Mortgage Banker, my credit had to be checked before I could receive an in-person interview and that was discussed in that first phone call. I received another phone call the following day and was invited for an in-person interview the following Monday. The first in-person interview was with the recruiter that I spoke to on the phone already. (Tell me about a time scenarios, going over company benefits, sales call) After the first interview, you will still be required to do another interview with a Director/Senior Director of Mortgage Banking. I received a phone call the day after my first interview inviting me to a second in-person interview with a Senior Director of Mortgage Banking. (Asked about long-term goals, what I expect to get out of working with QL, role play) - If you are given an offer- You will first receive a verbal offer. You will then wait for a Talent Specialist to call you with a written offer (it will be e-mailed to you.) July 22nd: Phone Call July 27th: First interview (With Recruiter) July 29th: Second interview (With Senior Director) July 30th: Verbal Offer August 5th: Written Offer

Interview Questions

• 1. "Tell me about a time" scenarios. 2. Sales call. (First interview) 3. Role play; I was the Mortgage Banker and Senior Director was the client (Second interview)   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was generic and had nothing to do with the position. I left feeling like maybe the position didn't even exist. I was told I would be considered for any available positions. The interviewer sounded like she was reading a script.