Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.7

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Went Pretty good. the whole process was about the job and the responsibilities and the job work. we will the details of what the work is going on in the company, and what we have to do after joining the company.

Interview Questions

• Everything about the job and technical.   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Interview

Brought into the office and asked to do a mock call where one of the employees calls you and you have to convince them to buy a mortgage. Explained the process of the job and the long hours that it will entail.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours including 60 hours?   Answer Question

Mortgage Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Fairly easy over the phone interview. I was referred by an employee, so that could have been the reason for skipping over an in- person. I got a call a few days later that I was offered the internship. The only confusing part about the process was that there were multiple people from HR contacting me, which became confusing at times.

Interview Questions

• What was it about Quicken Loans, that made me want to work there?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

First a telephonic interwiew with recruter. Then second round again a telephonic interview. There was some mobile range problem when they called me. So I was not comfortable with the process. It was a 30 minut interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. what is the biggest accomplishment in your life? 2. why do you want to join this company? 3. talk about your previous experience. 5. will you be available this semester?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later, got a quick phone screening from a recruiter laying out some of the details of the job. I didn't even apply to be a Mortgage Banker, but the recruiter really didn't give me an option to move forward with what I originally applied for, and said that mortgage banking would be right for me. I figured why not, if this was going to be my only way to get in to QL. After they checked my credit I set up an in-person interview at the Compuware Building with a different recruiter. She was really nice and laid back, asked a lot of situation questions, then you have to do a mock sales call. Not having previous sales experience or even wanting to be in a sales role (not sure why I even agreed to apply for this), I stumbled a lot and sounded nervous which I'm guessing is why they passed. The next step would have been another in-person interview with the hiring manager, which my recruiter said that they would be more testing and less bubbly. Essentially, be very upbeat and personable and you should not have a problem - none of the questions were too out of the ordinary, and I'm guessing common for sales positions anywhere. After reading all the negative reviews of the job on here, I wasn't going to take it anyways, but it seems like a really cool place to work if you were not a mortgage banker and have the time to actual enjoy the amenities and Campus Martius. I'm talking with a few people I know in different departments in QL and hoping to get in somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about QL? Tell me about a time..you had to be persuasive...you were critiqued and how did you further apply it..your biggest failure..you did something without knowing if you would succeed   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Well 2 recruiters very kind but up front about the hours i guess they have alot of problems with that or something but over all it is still in the process stage so far so good hope i get in!

Interview Questions

• Why Do I want to work for Quicken Loans?   1 Answer

Applications Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for positions that matched experience; Quicken's recruiting team calls to follow up with all applicants. Recruiter asked some culture/interest questions, but seemed primarily interested in formal certifications and education over experience (understandable) as well as ensuring I understood the company would perform background/credit checks. He insisted he would shop my resume across all IT positions, but his language indicated that he was focusing on one position listed in my resume (for which there were no openings). Voicemail and email back within a week letting me know that I was no longer being considered. Responded to request for feedback by calling again to ensure we spoke personally, but refused to offer any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Quicken Loans?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

phone interview. cannot hear clearly. asked me if I can do internship and my skillsets. Kind of rude because they said you may not have the skills in your resume, some people just fake it.

Account Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Very welcoming, interesting questions. Everyone was very helpful and gave quite a bit of information about the position and company.the process took quite while, but it was a wonderful experience and gave me wisdom for future interviews

Interview Questions

• What are things you could improve on   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I did not get the offer. It is a pretty much short phone interview. They asked about some basic questions, like education background, professional experience, project experience, problems you ever faced and etc. And the person on the phone always speaks so fast and sounds no patient. They giveyou rejections very fast and you do not know why they do not want you.