Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.7

Associate Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

The interview process was pretty streamlined. I applied online through their website and I received a call from a recruiter after a few days. Once I initially spoke with the recruiter we had a short conversation about my interest in the company and the position which lasted about 10-15 minutes. The recruiter then let me know that they would call be later that week to go over my resume in more detail. The questions during the second call were very standard questions about my work history and how I handle a difficult situation in the past.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handle a difficulty employee/situation in the past?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online. Got a phone call a couple of days later. Phone interview - asked mostly behavioral questions. They called back about a week earlier with a similar interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Three phone interviews. first two was with one person, getting to know you more and why you chose quickens. Third interview question was with 5 people, a little bit more challenging since they go through every single skill written in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation that happened to your team during software development   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Phone interview (simple, basically getting to know you/hear your voice over the phone)
    In person interview
    -with your recruiter, includes a mock sales phone call
    -listen in on phone calls to get you familiar
    -another interview within someone higher up
    I then got a call back for additional interview

Still in interview process

*Very nice and down to earth people

Still in interview process

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2015.

Applied online and recruiter contacted me to set up a 30-min phone screen. Asked to prepare by reviewing all relevant positions I might apply for.

Interview consisted of basic resume/skills questions and survey of relevant experience, as well as a description of Quicken's IT operations.

Was told I would receive follow-up interview a week from any teams interested in pursuing my application further.

TechOr Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2015.

It was a phone interview. The interviewer asked several questions about skills, background, and mentioned a few duties that may be performed and capabilities to perform those duties. It was advertised as a "tech internship", but my vibe was that it was only loosely associated with the IT field. I did manage to get out of the interviewer that most of the "tech internships" were actually quality assurance. Which, unless it's software quality assurance, I'm not too sure how that benefits someone looking to work in the IT field. I was a lot more interested in programming as opposed to checking boxes on a random "quality assurance" sheet. It's probably not a bad job, but I doubt the legit tech aspects I was looking for really exist.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work with excel?   View Answer
    • Are you comfortable making $11.00 / hour and working in downtown Detroit?   View Answer
    • What exactly does this internship consist of?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2015.

I went to a job fair and gave my resume to a quicken loans recruiter. I got a call 2 days later requesting to do a background check and credit check and to set up an interview. Once all the checks went through, I went to an in person interview another 5 days after. It took two weeks after the first interview to hear back from my recruiter for the second in person interview. I was told they would set up an interview that week and asked which days I was free. I then received a call the next day saying they no longer saw me fit the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2015.

Applied, was called within 24 hours and went to second interview within the week. The whole process was pretty painless and simple. Very basic interview. Also you have to do a fake sales call.

Summer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2015.

My friends recommended me and I got a call from Quicken loan a week after, and the first preliminary interview was scheduled in two weeks. It was a phone interview and lasted about 30 minutes. They basically went over the resume and did a quick introduction about the company. They focused on experiences a lot during the interview.

Associate Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied on line got a phone call two days later for a phone interview, just wanted to go over my resume.Then was told to fill out a form for a credit check after they got that back was asked to come in for a in person interview. Was asked basic interview questions and than have to do a sale call with the recruiter for quizzle your call has to last a least 5 min.