Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.7

Loan Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

First a phone interview, then a face to face. In the interview they ask the typical questions. Tell me a time you had a problem with...etc. Also did a test sales call.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation when you did not agree with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and after three weeks I received a call. After an over the phone interview the recruiter said he would get back to me after a few days. Then I got called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They set up a mock sale over the phone while at the in person interview. After 2-3 minutes I was told to call a number and sell an internet protection plan. I had the caller going and then he said he would have to talk to his wife to get an answer and then I didn't continue on.   Answer Question

Mortgage Bankery Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

30 minute Phone Interview, Interview with your specific recruiter for about an hour, then interview with a director and brief job shadow lasts about and hour depending on the job shadow, after a few days the initial job was offered. The background check is very intensive.

Interview Questions
    • Intensive first interview about school, educational, and personal background. Also, prepare for an unexpected sales call.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, base salary with commission

Mortgage Banker Interview

Pretty Quick and Simple. I received a phone interview and got a call back for a second interview. They you give you a scenario for where you have to sell something to a made up client. Overall pretty simple

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

A recruiter will contact you after you apply via telephone. The first call is sort of an on the spot interview with a few questions such as:

What do you know about our company?
    Why do you think it would be a good fit for you?
    ..and they make sure the hours and location would also be a fit for you.

If they move on with you, they will perform a background check and then go on to set up a second interview via phone.

Interview Questions
    • What really strives you to succeed?
      What was a negative experience you have went through in your professional career?
        Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me for the initial phone screening. After passing the phone screening, I had two more phone interviews. The questions for typical of any ordinary phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you did wrong at your last job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Applied online. Got a call the next day from recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. My recruiter also wanted to make sure I was a good fit for Quicken in general. Scheduled a preliminary interview over the phone. After prelim interview got another call scheduling a on site interview. Haven't been to interview yet but i hope it goes well.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't get the job you're applying for are there any other positions you're interested in?   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Worst experience I've ever had dealing with a recruiter. I submit an application online, 2 weeks later, she calls me. We have a phone interview, I can tell she's not paying attention because she asks me the same exact scenario question twice. I literally wanted to be like ... Didn't you just ask me that? But I okay along and give the same exact answer I gave her. She. Says she'll discuss it with her colleagues and call me back. This was a Monday, she said I'll definitely hear back from her by Friday. I heard nothing. I check my application online, status still shows 'under review'. The next week, I called her in a Thursday, almost 2 weeks after I spoke with her. Left a vm, asking the status of my application. She call me back, leaves a vm saying she wants to follow up on the conversation we just had. I call her back leave a vm, she calls back, leaves a vm, now we're playing phone tag. I call her and tell her when to call me, I said all day Monday. I'm waiting on her call all day, once u finally got a hold of her, she said 'we've decided to go with a stronger candidate'. She couldn't send a Dear John letter? What was the point of getting someone's hopes so high for this? I thought she was unprofessional and she knew a month prior she wasn't interested and decided to tag me along. Funny thing, the person that asked me to apply had never even been an underwriter in his life!! He was a mortgage processor. So for her to say we decided to go with a stronger candidate and I have 5 yrs of underwriting experience is B.S to me. It took them 6 weeks to deny me. How ridiculous!!! I will never apply for Quicken Loans ever again!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Give me something tragic that happened to you at a job besides a layoff or death. and how you reacted to it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Contacted by recruiter after submitting resume. First phone call to determine if it was a cultural fit-- behavior questions, experience discussion. Next phone call with a different recruiter to discuss a specific position and other possible interests