Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and after three weeks I received a call. After an over the phone interview the recruiter said he would get back to me after a few days. Then I got called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They set up a mock sale over the phone while at the in person interview. After 2-3 minutes I was told to call a number and sell an internet protection plan. I had the caller going and then he said he would have to talk to his wife to get an answer and then I didn't continue on.   Answer Question

Mortgage Bankery Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

30 minute Phone Interview, Interview with your specific recruiter for about an hour, then interview with a director and brief job shadow lasts about and hour depending on the job shadow, after a few days the initial job was offered. The background check is very intensive.

Interview Questions
    • Intensive first interview about school, educational, and personal background. Also, prepare for an unexpected sales call.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, base salary with commission

Mortgage Banker Interview

Pretty Quick and Simple. I received a phone interview and got a call back for a second interview. They you give you a scenario for where you have to sell something to a made up client. Overall pretty simple

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

A recruiter will contact you after you apply via telephone. The first call is sort of an on the spot interview with a few questions such as:

What do you know about our company?
    Why do you think it would be a good fit for you?
    ..and they make sure the hours and location would also be a fit for you.

If they move on with you, they will perform a background check and then go on to set up a second interview via phone.

Interview Questions
    • What really strives you to succeed?
      What was a negative experience you have went through in your professional career?
        Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me for the initial phone screening. After passing the phone screening, I had two more phone interviews. The questions for typical of any ordinary phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you did wrong at your last job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Applied online. Got a call the next day from recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. My recruiter also wanted to make sure I was a good fit for Quicken in general. Scheduled a preliminary interview over the phone. After prelim interview got another call scheduling a on site interview. Haven't been to interview yet but i hope it goes well.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't get the job you're applying for are there any other positions you're interested in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Contacted by recruiter after submitting resume. First phone call to determine if it was a cultural fit-- behavior questions, experience discussion. Next phone call with a different recruiter to discuss a specific position and other possible interests

Intern Interview

Applied online and received a generic call from HR. A few weeks later, a technical interview took place and then a team interview. The questions with the HR were very basic - describe yourself, what do you do, etc. She was very friendly and asked me if I any questions. The technical interview was over the phone as well. They want to see what team and department with be the best fit for you skill and interest set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.