Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

I submitted an application online. I got a call from one recruiter in the project management area. After speaking with me, she said that she thought I would be a good fit for the technology project management roles. At that point, she forwarded my information to that department, and I soon got a call from one of the technology recruiters. This is about that last convesation with the tech recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Besides the death of a family member or the loss of a job, what was the most terrible thing that has ever happened to you?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Contacted by recruiter after submitting resume. First phone call to determine if it was a cultural fit-- behavior questions, experience discussion. Next phone call with a different recruiter to discuss a specific position and other possible interests

Intern Interview

Applied online and received a generic call from HR. A few weeks later, a technical interview took place and then a team interview. The questions with the HR were very basic - describe yourself, what do you do, etc. She was very friendly and asked me if I any questions. The technical interview was over the phone as well. They want to see what team and department with be the best fit for you skill and interest set.

N/A Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2014.

Applied for more than one position and received a call to set up a phone interview. The questions asked were very basic, and about my resume, and what I knew about the company, but the interviewer seemed to be stuck on my response to the "Salary requirements" question. I was not sure how to respond because she did not make it clear which job she was calling about. When I gave my answer she said....."Is that where you are comfortable" I kind of stumbled and said of course I would like more. I was told that she would talk it over with her co-workers and give me feedback the next week (this was on a Friday). She called Monday and after some phone tag I finally got her the next day and she sounded like she was reading a script and said she was going with another candidate.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Questions
    • if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

IT Vendor Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2013.

I started my interview as an intern - I was asked a lot about my collegiate activities, extracurriculars, job experience, why I was looking at Quicken Loans, why I was looking at Technology within Quicken Loans, etc. The first time around, things went very smoothly. The second time around for another internship had a few hiccups because I was able to skip over the interview process and my background check was delayed because I didn't follow standard process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I could picture my dream future, what would I be doing and how I planned on getting there. It was very hard because I never had hard-set dreams.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2013.

Professional and courteous - Contacted by phone after online application - I later found out that they selected applicants primarily from Detroit If you have talent and live in that area - apply they need talent - It seems that that their current staff is below average in handling problems

Interview Questions
    • What was the most recent decision you made that you regretted   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Recruiter asks you basic questions, then you have 1:1 with a peer, with some technical questions, and the last part requires interviewing against a panel of their best.
    Extremely difficult technical questions, really tests your knowledge on best practices and the know how to get the best performance out of the language. I am sure it is pretty important that you are a positive thinker too, and seem like someone who doesn't get frustrated by challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Basically asked you how to setup a specific database based on specific parameters.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate, but you better know your stuff.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

It was very simple and the communication was very timely and I felt valued as an applicant. It was phone interviews and they immediately let me knew if i were selected or not. The recruiters were always connected and responded to us within a day.

Interview Questions
    • What was my expectation of this internship program?   View Answer

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!