Quicken Loans

225 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

.NET Developer Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – Telephonic

Interview Question – Everything is expected ,basics of .NET and oop   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple.

The first interview is a 30minute phone interview about your background, resume, and interest in Quicken, just to make sure you would fit into their culture.

The second interview is really just an extended version of the first one. However, they go much further into the specifics about the job, and make sure that you are willing to commit the large amount of time you will be expected to commit to Quicken. This interview lasts about an hour.

The third interview was an in-person interview with one of the hiring managers. He was very cool, very laid back, but also very passionate about Quicken Loans and the competitive culture that exists. After what felt like a regular conversation for about 30 minutes, he took me out onto the banking floor to get a first hand perspective about what working there might be like. The purchase bankers are very friendly, and the culture in there is truly amazing! It is, however, just a call-center on steroids.

The interview process is truly stress free, just have an idea of why you are interested in working at Quicken, and avoid talking about them being ranked as a top place to work too much (THAT'S TOO OBVIOUS).

Interview Question – No unexpected questions:

Why Quicken?
Are you willing to work weekends?
What would you do if you haven't closed a loan in weeks?
How do you work in teams, and what is your value in that team?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job did not match career aspirations of mine.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within a few days. He only asked a few general questions then informed me he was sending an email with instructions for my in person interview. In the interview, the recruiter was very nice and the setting was pretty laid back. He asked for examples of situations like "a time at work I was faced with a challenge" and "how I would typically handle selling a product to a customer". I was then given a sheet with some basic information about Quickens company Quizzle. He gave me a few minutes to study it then I was to dial the number on the sheet and try to sell the product to the customer. It was a mock sales call and the person on the line was someone in the office. After the call, he came back in and explained the basics of the training process and pay rate. I've worked at the same place since high school so the interview process is still a little stressful but overall it was a fairly laid back interview.

Interview Question – The mock sales call was a little strange. I've dealt with customers on the phone for years but the fact that this call was set up and I knew very little about the product threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Applied and was called the next day by a recruiter for a phone screening and then scheduled a face-to-face interview for the following day. I interviewed with the recruiter and I thought it went well - he asked me the basic interview questions and he outlined the job for me. He set me up to be interviewed by a Banking Director or Team Leader a couple days later. He was super laid-back and didn't make me feel nervous at all, just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work there. I asked him a couple questions about the job and then he took me down to the call floor where I sat with a banker and watched him work for about a half an hour and then my interview was over. They called me the next week and said they were going with other candidates and the recruiter recommended me for an internship.

Interview Question – At the end of the second interview with the recruiter I was asked to make a sales call to another employee in the building. The recruiter left me for about 5-7 minutes with some material to review and then I had to make a call. They repeatedly say you don't need any skills or sales experience to be hired but I kind of think that's bull. Anyway, I thought I did pretty all right for my first-ever sales call (but I didn't get offered the job so I might just think more highly of myself than Quicken Loans does).   Answer Question

Title Clearance Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Interview with some basics questions

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult question. People got hired with degrees not related to the job function.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2013.

Interview Details – Completed two phone interviews and promised me that they will allow me to visit their offices. They never called me back and they gave the position to someone else.

Interview Question – What inspires you in a job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter reached out to me about the intern position, an half an hour conversation about my interest, asked me how well I know about QL, and a behavioral question (how you face challenge) . Recruiter called me back a week later and set up for a interview, I chose face to face. The interview with the team were purely technical, they were basically testing how well I know in my field.

Interview Question – If you know well about your field and do your homework about what you have learn, it would be difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone call to set up a 20 minute phone interview. If successful you will get called for a one on one interview where you will learn about the company, give answers about yourself and resume, and sell a cable package to the person your interviewing with. If you pass this step you will get called back one more time to do a sit and listen to some bankers and a final interview with a director and regional vice president or the site leader.

Interview Question – Tell me a reason why your mother or guardian growing up would tell me not to hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations you take it or leave it.

Senior Purchase Specialist Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2011.

Interview Details – I talked about how I left college for a year and was going to transfer elsewhere, but decided to come back and how I transitioned back and still graduated on time.

Interview Question – "Name a time that was difficult for you other than death and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Quicken Loans

Interview Details – Applied through the website and attended a university career fair. Got a call several weeks later out of the blue and had to do an interview on the spot. Interview wasn't too difficult, asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Basic questions, what do you know about the company, what is my skill level and experience, etc.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quicken Loans

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quicken Loans interview questions and advice. All 225 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quicken Loans employees and interview candidates.