Quicken Loans

249 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – A phone call foPhone interview was simple, there were simple .net basic question followed by questions on MVC framework. Then for the onsite interview, i was told that it was basically a behavioral round, but they asked more on MVC and angular stuff. I am not sure still why was rejected.llowed by onsite interview

Interview Question – Convince the interviewer to use oracle rather than SQL Server   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Why Quicken Loans?
How do you work in a team?
Name a challenge you have had in your work experience?
Interns partake in a lot of social activities. How would you balance this with your work load?

Interview Question – How would you fill an empty room with balloons?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Summer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Phone interview only. I got placed within their title insurance department. They have a lot of interns and want to make sure you are responsible and committed to working hard. Treat this interview as if you really want the position.

Interview Question – Very easy interview... Don't sweat it   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Quicken Loans in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview seemed to be going well, then you're expected to cold call someone and sell them a Direct TV package, which I wasn't at all prepared for and found it to be quite strange. I wasn't able to get the "actor" on the other line to buy it.

Interview Question – Less a mortgage banking and more of a sales job.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

Interview Details – One phone call, a release of credit. Brings you to a face to face. The recruiter brought me in to a very nice qube office...I did my research on Quicken and the interviewer. Amazingly smart company, I could learn a ton from them.

Interview Question – the Quizzle phone sell. Five minutes to sound confident is a joke. What could I do had to roll with the punches... Flopped like a fish out of water.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted because of a previous job that I had interviewed for and the whole process was very quick. I had a little phone chat, an in person interview with HR, and then an in person interview with a manager all within a week and I heard back from the employer the very next day with the results.

Interview Question – What have you been doing since you graduated?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided that I wanted to move away from Detroit and didn't want to commit to something that I wasn't sure if I would stay or not.

Intern Interview

Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews with an HR person. Simple questions regarding what you know about the company, and few behavioral questions. Fun, young HR department that makes you feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Not to hard. Make sure you do some research on the company first.
Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Interns are always paid $11 per hour.

Mortgage Bankler Interview

Mortgage Bankler

Interviewed at Quicken Loans

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews with some person in Cleveland. Calls were about an hour each. 1 in person with a VP that seemed more interested in his emails then the actual interview.

Negotiation Details – There is none

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2012.

Interview Details – Just be your self. They are looking for people that are over the top sales experts. Quicken Just wants someone that they can teach. There is truly on need to have any sales experience. If you are confident and can show the recruiter that you can be instructed you will make the cut.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to influence some one to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on 05/12/2014 and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview took about 15 minutes, mainly to discuss my roles with my prior employers also to discuss the demanding hours and dedication the Mortgage Banker position required. I then was contacted 45 minutes later by a Spanish speaking Recruiter to assure that I was indeed a fluent Spanish speaker. It basically consistent of the same process as the 1st phone interview. I was asked to complete a consent form for a background check, after that cleared I was called back to be invited for in-person interview (05/19) with the recruiter. (if that goes well you will be invited to meet a director that same day or very soon) I then met with the director of my potential team. That meeting was more personal, questions about my commute, kids, competitive spirit, and drive. Really to make sure you fit their culture. I then shadowed a MB for a couple hours and I was called within 24 hours with a verbal offer. (process: 1.Verbal offer 2. Reference check 3. Background check 4. Written Offer)

Interview Questions

• QL really tries to make the interview as smooth as possible, no questions were to difficult. The only challenge was the phone call to the recruiter to try to sale Quizzle. But if you have a sales background this process should come easy, if not practice selling something (anything, pen, paper etc.) selling water to bridge type of mentality   View Answer
  • Be ready to meet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation...

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!