Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

User Experience Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Was given two phone interviews. I got the first phone call unexpectedly, but the second one was scheduled. They were really nice, and they didn't take too much of my time. First call was about twenty minutes, the second call was about thirty. My questions were only personality questions, and questions such as why I want to work there and what I want to get out of it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter. She conducted a brief screening and asked a few questions about my experience. The conversation was short and sweet. I was called back a few days later to schedule an in person interview. I believe they were looking for a personify fit, because the questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you dealt with a a difficult customer? How did you handle the specific interaction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I applied online through their website. A recruiter contacted me within a week. The first interview was brief, all general questions about my GPA (which they didn't check), my major, why I wanted to work for the company and what I already knew about Quicken Loans through my own research (I hadn't done any so that was a little awkward to answer). After the first phone interview, I was contacted and told I would have a follow up interview over the phone in a few days. However, the interviewer had to reschedule with me twice (I was never told why). The second interview was a little more difficult, more questions based on my experience, handling conflict, and professionalism. I was then asked to step into the facility itself for an interview in person. This was very casual, everyone was very friendly and acted as if they were ready to offer me a position. And they did! The next day I was called by the recruiter and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a negative experience you've had with a supervisor or manager. How did you handle this conflict?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called and emailed me within 2 weeks of applying for the internship on their site. He was very nice and gave a lot of information about how fun the work environment is. Make sure you read up on the company because they do ask what you know about Quicken Loans right away. After the interview he said he'd call back in a week with feedback. Unfortunately, at that time they had decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake either professionally or academically.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2015.

Interview

It is very simple process. I got an email and voice mail to tell me they were going to interview me on the day. It was an phone interview, I would like to say the quality of phone call sucks, there was a lot of noise when the interviewer talked to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2015.

Interview

I got an email saying the recruiter wanted to get in touch and a minute later she directly called me and my interview started then and there. Interview went well with very common questions. I was told I will be informed about the next process. Got a call after a week saying they received a better candidate with experience.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted two days later by a recruiter's assistant to set up a phone interview the following week. Phone interview consisted of him briefing me about the company, walking through my resume with a focus of why I left each job. Polite, quick, and rather textbook. Promised a reply within 48 hours. After 72, I was called to hear that "We unfortunately do not have a position to suit you at this time."

Interview Questions

• "What was your biggest professional challenge you had to overcome?"   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Total scam!!! I'm so glad I did my homework and reviewed various sites looking at comments. I can't speak for everyone that post here saying this place "is all that" but the application process starts off as a lie. How can you apply for a position on their website, get a call from "HR" or whomever, and they proceed to tell you about all the awards the company received, etc., blah,blah, blah, and then they tell you that HR will review all the open positions the company has and see which one you qualified for. WTF??!! I said, "I only applied for this position as a direct hire, not a contract worker." Well I f' up at that point because the phone went silent...I asked if the position was a direct hire. I was told "yes." I then reiterated that I was only interested in the position I applied to, nothing else.

I get an e-mail saying thanks and we'll let you know the next step in the process. Get a voice message the next day saying they were more qualified applicants (yeah, right). They try to hire you as a contract employee, you work 55+ hours for them at $11.50/hour, and then you're gone. They don't have to pay any unemployment because you were a contract worker. No thanks.

Total scam--but keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid...

Interview Questions

• 1. Are you available for work over the next six months; 2. Are you expecting to be unavailable for work for more than one week over the next six months; 3. Have you been convicted of a financial misdemeanor (I would thing either felony or misdemeanor) or any financial crimes; 4. Do you have good credit   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The process was very quick. Once I applied I got a call within a day for an interview. You first do an interview with the recruiter which was about an hour long and after that you do an interview with a director which was only about 15 minutes for me.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with executive recruiter. Then face to face interview with the same recruiter followed by mock sales call. 5 minutes to prepare while the recruiter steps into another office to play the role of the potential client. Next shadowed a trainee and mortgage banker by listening in on calls. Finally, an interview with a director. 3.5 hrs total