Quicken Loans

Average Difficulty
262 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Question – Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Question – if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

IT Vendor Analyst Interview

IT Vendor Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2013.

Interview Details – I started my interview as an intern - I was asked a lot about my collegiate activities, extracurriculars, job experience, why I was looking at Quicken Loans, why I was looking at Technology within Quicken Loans, etc. The first time around, things went very smoothly. The second time around for another internship had a few hiccups because I was able to skip over the interview process and my background check was delayed because I didn't follow standard process.

Interview Question – They asked if I could picture my dream future, what would I be doing and how I planned on getting there. It was very hard because I never had hard-set dreams.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2013.

Interview Details – Professional and courteous - Contacted by phone after online application - I later found out that they selected applicants primarily from Detroit If you have talent and live in that area - apply they need talent - It seems that that their current staff is below average in handling problems

Interview Question – What was the most recent decision you made that you regretted   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was very simple and the communication was very timely and I felt valued as an applicant. It was phone interviews and they immediately let me knew if i were selected or not. The recruiters were always connected and responded to us within a day.

Interview Question – What was my expectation of this internship program?   View Answer

Training Interview

Training

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Outstanding recruiting process. Recruiters were always professional and responsive to emails and phone calls within 24 hours. Be sure you are just as responsive to your recruiter (don't be afraid to call or email back with questions, and always return their calls/emails), because client service is a big part of their culture and they hold it close to the chest.

Interview Question – Be sure you research what's going on in the community and all the growth and events taking place in Detroit.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – First step was applying online on their website. The next step was getting the first call, where they set up a quick phone interview for a later date. That interview is a personality test. A quick brief summary of your resume. If you're a match, they will set up another phone interview. (Note: they might not set it up during the first one, so don't freak out). Second interview will be with a senior recruiter, or the team you might be on. These interviews are personality tests as well. Just certain key questions to see if you match our culture here. Just be yourself! Don't try to sound all smart and use huge words out of place. If you are a good person, with a good attitude, and a willingness to learn, you will get a job here.

Interview Question – What makes you fit for the culture here at Quicken Loans? You have to describe yourself in a way that isn't too ostentatious, but definitely confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can pick your start and end dates pretty flexibly.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Recruiter asks you basic questions, then you have 1:1 with a peer, with some technical questions, and the last part requires interviewing against a panel of their best.
Extremely difficult technical questions, really tests your knowledge on best practices and the know how to get the best performance out of the language. I am sure it is pretty important that you are a positive thinker too, and seem like someone who doesn't get frustrated by challenges.

Interview Question – Basically asked you how to setup a specific database based on specific parameters.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, but you better know your stuff.

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Interview

Recruiting

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – amazing. Contacted me within 2 days of applying and kept me up to date through out the ENTIRE recruiting process. The only thing that took a while was the background check but I understand because it is a financial institution.

Interview Question – What is the worst thing to happen to you professionally   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate because internships are a set rate.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2014.

Interview Details – 15 minute phone interview. Credit check. In person interview with recruiter. In person interview with RVP. It helps if you know current employees that are successful at there job. RVP is really intelligent and askes thought provoking questions that make you think.

Interview Question – Selling a quizzle to a random employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!