Quicken Loans

Relevance Date Difficulty

MOrtgage Loan Originator Interview

MOrtgage Loan Originator
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – Really wasn't interested in position once the recruiter told me I would have to work 6 days+ a week and 12 hour days were common. I have a family and a life and it seemed to me that I would have neither if I took a job with their company .

Interview Question – Again, the question that caught me off guard was if I would be alright with working 12 hour days and a minimum of 6 days a week.   Answer Question

Account Advisor Interview

Account Advisor
Detroit, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy! The questions were based on "tell me a time when, " " How would you handle this situation?" The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you handled a very difficult customer.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer - Android/IOS Interview

Software Engineer - Android/IOS
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2013.

Interview Details – I used to work there and I have interviewed few candidates.

The process starts with recruiter conversing with the candidates. After initial HR screening, the team that the candidate will be working with performs technical phone screening. It usually consists of a team leader and few developers. For Android related position, it mostly was basic android questions : fragments, activities, lifecycle, views, threading, OO related questions. There is usually no algorithm questions at this point. Usually, the software team is very nice and invite as much people as possible to on-site. They are mostly looking for people who knows the basics and are also cool/chill/fun to work with. Main point is to answer as much questions as possible and be friendly

If the candidate is good enough and knows the basics, they are invited to a on-site or remote conferencing interview. On-site interview consists of company tour, walking around with HR (I'm not sure what they exactly do but HR always just brought them to us when we were waiting for the candidate). The interview with the software team consisted of 30-45 minutes of code test where user has to create a very simple app. I would think it is an easiest app (would take a developer around 10-20 minutes to create) but I've seen a lot of candidates struggle with it since they might nervous to code it in front of people watching. If you are interviewing, just concentrate on creating something functional and shows your ability to code and your structure or create apps.

The above information for around beginning of 2014. My interview (Jan/Feb 2013) was a varied a little but overall consisted of same process.

Interview Question – Create simple app with button, edittext, activities, intents, textviews. I wouldn't write it in exact detail here since it is internal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I've used a recruiter who helped me out but they weren't really good at negotiating.

Intern Interview

Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiting team was great at reaching out initially. They kept in constant contact with me and kept me informed on positions that were fitting for me. I was turned down several positions but you have to be adamant about it. I received an offer 3 months after I applied. I was turned down 3 or 4 positions in the mean time.

Interview Question – How did you hear about the company and why do you want to work for QL   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate my start date, hourly wage is set and competitive for an intern position

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview questions were fair. Manager tries to get a feel of what kind of person you are, and if you can persuade customers to get their loan through quicken. shadowed for an hour after the interview.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Mortgage Banker
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I initially applied on-line and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We did my phone interview at that time and it was about 20 minutes long. He asked what type of information I already heard about the company and why I was interested in the job. He was really easy to talk to. From there, he sent me an email requesting consent for a basic credit check. He called back the next day once that was completed to offer me an in-person interview for the next week. That interview last about an hour and a half. They really go over the whole job and training process, making sure you understand the requirements, especially in regards to the time commitment. You are asked to complete a mock sales call to another recruiter. I don't believe they will ever accept the offer you are to make but the test is really to see how easily you give up and how persuasive you can be without being pushy. I was told right away that I would be set-up with an interview with the RVP (Regional Vice-President) for the following week. That interview was a little more intensive. He wanted to make sure that I understood what the job entails and make sure that you have the correct personality type for the position. I was nervous that I wasn't going to get the job because he didn't offer to have me shadow any of the current bankers. Apparently, the RVP that I interviewed with just doesn't always have people do that and it didn't mean anything because I received a phone call 2 days later with a verbal offer. The official written offer comes after a full background check has been completed and all of your references have been contacted.

Interview Question – The interviews really weren't that difficult. Most of the questions were pretty standard. The mock sales call was the only aspect that was considerably different than other interviews I've had in the past.   Answer Question

Mortgage Operations Specialist Intern Interview

Mortgage Operations Specialist Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received phone call a month or so later. Spoke with a recruiter who interviewed me on the spot, and then told me that another person would be calling me in a week. Went through another phone interview and the interviewer said he'd call me back in a few days. He called me back and gave me the offer.

Interview Question – Explain your most difficult challenge in a professional environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Software Engineering Internship

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very simple, two phone interviews, moving to technical

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   Answer Question

Intern Position Interview

Intern Position

Interviewed at Quicken Loans

Interview Details – The process took about a month, I applied online and found them at a college career fair as well.

1. Had a call with HR to get a better feel for my interests
2. Another call w/ HR with more specific questions about a position that they felt fit me
3. Call with the team leader, very specific questions involving the position
4. Call with the team leader and one team member, again specific questions involving the position and team.

The questions weren't difficult or unexpected, and they called me a week and a half after my last interview to let me know that they were going to move on with other candidates.

Interview Question – Talk about specific projects related to the position you're being interviewed for   Answer Question

Program Management Intern Interview

Program Management Intern

I applied through other source and interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I handed my resume to them in the career fair in October. It is surprise to receive a call from them in April. I have a chat with someone in the recruiting team for 15 minutes. Then I received the feedback from them to give me a phone interview with the someone in IT department.

Interview Question – What's the biggest obstacle you overcome in working environment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quicken Loans