Quicken Loans Interview Questions & Reviews

264 interviews

2.7

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

Interview questions were fair. Manager tries to get a feel of what kind of person you are, and if you can persuade customers to get their loan through quicken. shadowed for an hour after the interview.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

I initially applied on-line and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We did my phone interview at that time and it was about 20 minutes long. He asked what type of information I already heard about the company and why I was interested in the job. He was really easy to talk to. From there, he sent me an email requesting consent for a basic credit check. He called back the next day once that was completed to offer me an in-person interview for the next week. That interview last about an hour and a half. They really go over the whole job and training process, making sure you understand the requirements, especially in regards to the time commitment. You are asked to complete a mock sales call to another recruiter. I don't believe they will ever accept the offer you are to make but the test is really to see how easily you give up and how persuasive you can be without being pushy. I was told right away that I would be set-up with an interview with the RVP (Regional Vice-President) for the following week. That interview was a little more intensive. He wanted to make sure that I understood what the job entails and make sure that you have the correct personality type for the position. I was nervous that I wasn't going to get the job because he didn't offer to have me shadow any of the current bankers. Apparently, the RVP that I interviewed with just doesn't always have people do that and it didn't mean anything because I received a phone call 2 days later with a verbal offer. The official written offer comes after a full background check has been completed and all of your references have been contacted.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews really weren't that difficult. Most of the questions were pretty standard. The mock sales call was the only aspect that was considerably different than other interviews I've had in the past.   Answer Question

Mortgage Operations Specialist Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Applied online, received phone call a month or so later. Spoke with a recruiter who interviewed me on the spot, and then told me that another person would be calling me in a week. Went through another phone interview and the interviewer said he'd call me back in a few days. He called me back and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your most difficult challenge in a professional environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Internship Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2014.

Very simple, two phone interviews, moving to technical

Intern Position Interview

The process took about a month, I applied online and found them at a college career fair as well.

1. Had a call with HR to get a better feel for my interests
    2. Another call w/ HR with more specific questions about a position that they felt fit me
    3. Call with the team leader, very specific questions involving the position
    4. Call with the team leader and one team member, again specific questions involving the position and team.

The questions weren't difficult or unexpected, and they called me a week and a half after my last interview to let me know that they were going to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about specific projects related to the position you're being interviewed for   Answer Question

Program Management Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

I handed my resume to them in the career fair in October. It is surprise to receive a call from them in April. I have a chat with someone in the recruiting team for 15 minutes. Then I received the feedback from them to give me a phone interview with the someone in IT department.

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest obstacle you overcome in working environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied through their website was contacted within a week, but an interview was not scheduled for another two weeks. My resume was then passed along to someone else after about a month conducted the same phone interview with me.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

The interview process was fairly simple.

The first interview is a 30minute phone interview about your background, resume, and interest in Quicken, just to make sure you would fit into their culture.

The second interview is really just an extended version of the first one. However, they go much further into the specifics about the job, and make sure that you are willing to commit the large amount of time you will be expected to commit to Quicken. This interview lasts about an hour.

The third interview was an in-person interview with one of the hiring managers. He was very cool, very laid back, but also very passionate about Quicken Loans and the competitive culture that exists. After what felt like a regular conversation for about 30 minutes, he took me out onto the banking floor to get a first hand perspective about what working there might be like. The purchase bankers are very friendly, and the culture in there is truly amazing! It is, however, just a call-center on steroids.

The interview process is truly stress free, just have an idea of why you are interested in working at Quicken, and avoid talking about them being ranked as a top place to work too much (THAT'S TOO OBVIOUS).

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions:

Why Quicken?
      Are you willing to work weekends?
      What would you do if you haven't closed a loan in weeks?
      How do you work in teams, and what is your value in that team?
        Answer Question

The job did not match career aspirations of mine.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

2 Interviews

Sumer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Numerous Phone Interviews, Basic Questions in the beginning, then more job specific questions in later rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you failed, and what did about it afterwards.   Answer Question