Quicken Loans

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me for the initial phone screening. After passing the phone screening, I had two more phone interviews. The questions for typical of any ordinary phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you did wrong at your last job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

/Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans in October 2014.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter. The recruiter was very nice, however, the interview was really tough. Many questions regarding my experience and few behavioral questions.

No negotiation!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Worst experience I've ever had dealing with a recruiter. I submit an application online, 2 weeks later, she calls me. We have a phone interview, I can tell she's not paying attention because she asks me the same exact scenario question twice. I literally wanted to be like ... Didn't you just ask me that? But I okay along and give the same exact answer I gave her. She. Says she'll discuss it with her colleagues and call me back. This was a Monday, she said I'll definitely hear back from her by Friday. I heard nothing. I check my application online, status still shows 'under review'. The next week, I called her in a Thursday, almost 2 weeks after I spoke with her. Left a vm, asking the status of my application. She call me back, leaves a vm saying she wants to follow up on the conversation we just had. I call her back leave a vm, she calls back, leaves a vm, now we're playing phone tag. I call her and tell her when to call me, I said all day Monday. I'm waiting on her call all day, once u finally got a hold of her, she said 'we've decided to go with a stronger candidate'. She couldn't send a Dear John letter? What was the point of getting someone's hopes so high for this? I thought she was unprofessional and she knew a month prior she wasn't interested and decided to tag me along. Funny thing, the person that asked me to apply had never even been an underwriter in his life!! He was a mortgage processor. So for her to say we decided to go with a stronger candidate and I have 5 yrs of underwriting experience is B.S to me. It took them 6 weeks to deny me. How ridiculous!!! I will never apply for Quicken Loans ever again!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Give me something tragic that happened to you at a job besides a layoff or death. and how you reacted to it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Applied online. Got a call the next day from recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. My recruiter also wanted to make sure I was a good fit for Quicken in general. Scheduled a preliminary interview over the phone. After prelim interview got another call scheduling a on site interview. Haven't been to interview yet but i hope it goes well.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't get the job you're applying for are there any other positions you're interested in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Placed an online application for a bunch of positions on the Quicken Loans website. Got a phone call and had a small phone interview where they asked how much I knew about the company, what position I was looking for, etc. Then a formal in-person interview was scheduled. Was surprised that they got to me fairly quickly after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions that pretty much any site will tell you to prepare for. Be prepared to elaborate on your answers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Contacted by recruiter after submitting resume. First phone call to determine if it was a cultural fit-- behavior questions, experience discussion. Next phone call with a different recruiter to discuss a specific position and other possible interests

Intern Interview

Applied online and received a generic call from HR. A few weeks later, a technical interview took place and then a team interview. The questions with the HR were very basic - describe yourself, what do you do, etc. She was very friendly and asked me if I any questions. The technical interview was over the phone as well. They want to see what team and department with be the best fit for you skill and interest set.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.