Quicken Loans

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.7

Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Outstanding recruiting process. Recruiters were always professional and responsive to emails and phone calls within 24 hours. Be sure you are just as responsive to your recruiter (don't be afraid to call or email back with questions, and always return their calls/emails), because client service is a big part of their culture and they hold it close to the chest.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure you research what's going on in the community and all the growth and events taking place in Detroit.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

First step was applying online on their website. The next step was getting the first call, where they set up a quick phone interview for a later date. That interview is a personality test. A quick brief summary of your resume. If you're a match, they will set up another phone interview. (Note: they might not set it up during the first one, so don't freak out). Second interview will be with a senior recruiter, or the team you might be on. These interviews are personality tests as well. Just certain key questions to see if you match our culture here. Just be yourself! Don't try to sound all smart and use huge words out of place. If you are a good person, with a good attitude, and a willingness to learn, you will get a job here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you fit for the culture here at Quicken Loans? You have to describe yourself in a way that isn't too ostentatious, but definitely confident.   Answer Question
    You can pick your start and end dates pretty flexibly.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Recruiter asks you basic questions, then you have 1:1 with a peer, with some technical questions, and the last part requires interviewing against a panel of their best.
    Extremely difficult technical questions, really tests your knowledge on best practices and the know how to get the best performance out of the language. I am sure it is pretty important that you are a positive thinker too, and seem like someone who doesn't get frustrated by challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Basically asked you how to setup a specific database based on specific parameters.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate, but you better know your stuff.

Recruiting Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

amazing. Contacted me within 2 days of applying and kept me up to date through out the ENTIRE recruiting process. The only thing that took a while was the background check but I understand because it is a financial institution.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst thing to happen to you professionally   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate because internships are a set rate.

Document Processor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans in August 2014.

The recruiter called me for a phone interview, everything went great until we got to the topic of my current salary, I did explain that I was willing to take a pay cut in order to gain experience in the mortgage industry. I was told that I was going to the next step which was an in person interview. A few days later I received a call from a different recruiter, who basically read a script that said good luck but we don't want you.

Technology Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

The interviewer begins with a short introduction of the company and the position. Then ask to describe related statistical software skills and data analysis experience. Also a behavioral question and five-year career goal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell your worst experience of working in a team.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

A phone call foPhone interview was simple, there were simple .net basic question followed by questions on MVC framework. Then for the onsite interview, i was told that it was basically a behavioral round, but they asked more on MVC and angular stuff. I am not sure still why was rejected.llowed by onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Convince the interviewer to use oracle rather than SQL Server   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Why Quicken Loans?
    How do you work in a team?
    Name a challenge you have had in your work experience?
    Interns partake in a lot of social activities. How would you balance this with your work load?

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Phone interview only. I got placed within their title insurance department. They have a lot of interns and want to make sure you are responsible and committed to working hard. Treat this interview as if you really want the position.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2014.

15 minute phone interview. Credit check. In person interview with recruiter. In person interview with RVP. It helps if you know current employees that are successful at there job. RVP is really intelligent and askes thought provoking questions that make you think.

No negotiation.