Quicken Loans

Getting the Interview

227 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2013.

Interview Details – They first called and did a phone interview. Be prepared to answer interview questions over the phone. They then bring you down to meet with a hiring person. The toughest part of this interview is a phone call to someone in the office in which you have to attempt to sell them a product. After that, you meet with the manager you would be working with. This was a tougher interview going in depth about your sales ability and your background.

Interview Question – Be prepared for a phone sales portion. It can be stressful.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans in November 2013.

Interview Details – It took about 4 months after I applied to receive a response to my application. The entire process took 6 months. I was referred by two employees. It started out well, but in the end the Quicken Loans employees never kept their word and just stopped communicating with me after my interview. I initially spoke with a recruiter and then was routed to do my online credit check, which they require before they will entertain you as a candidate for a mortgage banker. There were problems with their software which delayed the process a few weeks. Once I finished that I spoke with a different recruiter over the phone and we set up an appointment to have a one on one meeting.

The one on one interview lasted over an hour. It involved meeting with the recruiter and talking about the job, getting information about what your first year will look like as a mortgage banker, including hours and compensation. While discussing Quicken Loans and its concepts, the recruiter would ask me questions about the points he was touching on and how I might have an example of something I had done similar to each topic. Then you are asked to do an impromptu sales call for Quizzle, where you are given about five minutes to watch a short video, review a fact sheet and then place a call to another recruiter at Quicken Loans so they can test your phone skills and probably your sales skills too. I was informed that he would call me the next day to determine if I was still interested and that the next step after that would be to have a second interview with a mortgage banker.

He was supposed to follow up with me the next day and he didn't for two days. When he finally did, I confirmed that I was still very interested. He told me that the next step was for me have a second interview with a senior mortgage banker and that I would hear from him the next day, and if not the next day no later than the day after that (at the latest) to set up the interview. Well it's been weeks and I'm still waiting. I called him after waiting a week and left a message telling him I was still waiting for a response and asked for him to follow up with me (as he promised). I guess I didn't get it since he never kept his word or followed up with me regarding the status of my application. It is disappointing that he lied that he would follow up with me, when he not only failed to keep his word, but intentionally ignored me when I called him to follow up.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Everything was tailored for the job. One question was something like, give me an example of a time when you persuaded someone to do something.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I heard back from them within two days of submitting my application. A recruiter called and had a phone interview with me. I didn't get the job but it was nice to have a person that contacted me quickly.

Interview Question – What do you know about quicken loans?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Banker Interview

Associate Banker
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Recruiter was very responsive, answered questions immediately. Process was relatively quick. 1 screening interview, 2 onsite interviews, 2 job shadows

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Quicken Loans

Interview Details – The overall process took about 3 months. I could not go in for an in-person interview. I had two phone interviews that were two weeks apart. I didn't hear back a month later.

Interview Question – I think they asked behavioral questions, questions about my major and what I'm interested in, and why Quicken Loans?   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker

I applied online and interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – After applied online, the HR person called me for an interview just in a few days. Quick response. Maybe they are in lack of people.

Interview Question – mock sale   View Answer

Mortgage Banking Interview

Interviewed at Quicken Loans

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. However when I interviewed the company was still quite small. These days, from what I've gathered, is incredibly subjective and difficult. The process seems lengthy. If hired the training is extremely intense.

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in October 2013.

Interview Details – Easy

Interview Question – There were none. All you have to do is be confident.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I had received a telephone interview from quicken loans after attending a career fair. I had been asked some regular questions, like why choose quicken loads, not that hard, and waiting for review for technique review.

Interview Question – the biggest achievement in you past, why you choose our firm, difficulties in your life.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Event Coordinator
Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and received an initial interview. After a second interview, I was asked to prepare a presentation. The presentation won me the job.

Interview Question – Nothing really came as a surprise question. The interviewer didn't have much experience running interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate for more money.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quicken Loans