Quicken Loans

Average Difficulty
249 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mortgage Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Multi-step process. Recruiters paint a simplified version of what is expected of you. You'll interview first by phone, then in person with a recruiter. After the interview with the recruiter you'll make a sample telephone sales call. Once that is complete you'll interview with a Director or higher.

Interview Question – Be ready to make a sales call for a product they give you about 2 minutes to learn.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat offer. No negotiation allowed.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Too many calls by recruiters for same position-very repetitive
Heard some people only had to talk on the phone and hired.
Some positions, you have to do a phone interview and a face to face and its all drawn out

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in January 2014.

Interview Details – There was this single telephonic interview. I was called and was expected to give the interview right away, but since I was busy I asked for scheduling telephonic interview. I was asked basic questions the same which one can predict through preivious experiences here on glassdoor

Interview Question – Nothing Unexpected   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

Business Intelligence Intern

Interviewed at Quicken Loans

Interview Details – There were a series of interviews. First interview was behavioral questions: why are you studying what you're studying? Name a time when you faced a challenge, etc.

The technical interview was not very difficult. Asked basic questions about coding languages I had listed on my resume such as what is a pointer variable? How would you multiply two vectors in R?

Interview Question – Name as many probability distributions as you can.   View Answer

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Quicken Loans in January 2012.

Interview Details – Called and screened over the phone then scheduled a phone interview. Got offered the job and never had to meet in person for an interview. Basic interview questions, experience from previous jobs, goals, etc. Paid 11 an hour which wasn't too bad for a summer gig. 40 hour work weeks but is pretty fun.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Quicken loans and let me tell you the atmosphere at this company is top notch. My interview did not feel like a "normal" interview, it was very interactive and in depth. Quicken Loans really tries to get a good feel of the person applying for a position within their company.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question that was asked during my interview was "tell us about the hardest point in your life (not too personal) and how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Detroit, MI

I interviewed at Quicken Loans in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call next day. Set up interview. Had credit check performed. Basic situational interview questions. Interviewed with senior banker a few weeks later.

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Operations Specialist Interview

Mortgage Operations Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was emailed about 3 days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 25 minutes long and we talked about the position and the different responsibilities that came along with it. About a week after the phone interview, I received another call to schedule a face to face interview. This went very well. I felt comfortable and did not feel like an interview at all. After the face to face interview, I had to wait for a background check. The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation made. The hourly rate was set and there was no room for negotiation.

Account Specialist Interview

Account Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from a recruiter within the next few days. There are three steps in the interview process. One over the phone, one with the recruiter face to face, and then a job shadowing with a team panel interview at the end. Be ready to do sell over the phone during the first face to face interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Basic questions like "How do you set your goals?" "What motivates you?"   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Applied on website. Received call the next day. Set up first interview the next week that went with recruiter went great. The second interview with manager the next week. The interview went great until he saw my resume and that I had been with multiple companies. Well most people that have been in the business through the real estate collapse personally saw the majority of their companies go out of business. He immediately judged me saying I would only stay here until the grass was greener on the other side. He basically convinced me as to why I wasn't a fit regardless of my past successes and hard work I put in perfecting my trade.

Interview Question – What do you feel you can offer our company?   Answer Question