Quicken Loans

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

The interviewers are not HR knowledgable.

Too elitist.

Trainer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

First there is a phone screening from a recruiter. They are looking for a culture fit. If they think you're a good fit, you then have an in-person interview with multiple people. You may be called back for a 2nd interview. Once you get a offer letter it's another 2-3 weeks before you can start because of their extensive (super extensive) background checking process.

Interview Questions
    • Without telling you what they're looking for or telling you about the team, they ask, "What can you bring to the team that we don't already have."   Answer Question

MOrtgage Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Really wasn't interested in position once the recruiter told me I would have to work 6 days+ a week and 12 hour days were common. I have a family and a life and it seemed to me that I would have neither if I took a job with their company .

Interview Questions
    • Again, the question that caught me off guard was if I would be alright with working 12 hour days and a minimum of 6 days a week.   Answer Question

Mortgage Operations Specialist Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Applied online, received phone call a month or so later. Spoke with a recruiter who interviewed me on the spot, and then told me that another person would be calling me in a week. Went through another phone interview and the interviewer said he'd call me back in a few days. He called me back and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your most difficult challenge in a professional environment.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

I spoke with a national recruiter from Cleveland twice. These were more like conversations and less like an interview. He was very friendly. Then, I was scheduled to go into the Qube in downtown Detroit. They want you to get there "early," but really they want you there at that time. I would probably even leave 30 extra minutes just for things like the parking garage being filled to the top or the traffic/ confusing navigation in the city. Anyway, I spoke with a director and an RVP once I arrived.

As I walked through the office, it looks very colorful, but it really is just to distract you from the fact that it is a dreary call center. If you can thrive in a call center environment, then QL can give you a great opportunity. In my eyes though, a call center environment might as well be accompanied by a big red man with horns, a sharp tail and a fiery trident. They are very upfront about wanting their reps to work 60 hours a week and that it does NOT let up even after getting promoted. I will give them points for being upfront, as it is not to my or their benefit to hire someone who would not be happy doing that. The RVP was semi-friendly, but also seemed lacking in the sense of humor department, which was ironic as his office was full of quirky objects. He seems like the type of guy that is probably good at what he does, but is only tolerable for a small amount of time. It is OK that I did not like him, because he gave me the distinct impression that he was not impressed with me as well. The director was quiet, but seemed very nice. The RVP conducted the interview. It was very short, and he skipped the mock call that people have mentioned on here, so that may have been a bad sign. He asked me to tell him about myself, what am I passionate about, tell him about a time that you had to persevere, and finally, why should we hire you?

I don't believe that I had a great impression of the work environment, management, or the job as a whole. In fact, I could easily imagine myself dreading every single step that brought me closer to a job inside of the 9th floor of the Qube until I reluctantly sat myself in front of two computer monitors, clipped my headset to a sore ear and had hundreds of repetitive telephone calls until I was begging for the small amount of fleeting relief that I would feel at the end of the night when I see that I can go home, but know that I will be back in the morning to repeat the nightmare.

Even with all the negative, if you are OK in a call center environment, as some people are, you can make a lot of money, they do liven things up with the color and dry erase walls (if you can stay positive, the color would probably be a positive), provide their workers with a cafeteria and some free snacks I believe, there are a lot of people, so I am sure friend finding would be easy and you get to be down town!

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

The process was divided in 4 steps:
    1. Phone Interview with HR.
          Basic questions: Why Quicken Loans? Personal Experience? Which position am I interested in?
    2. Phone interview with HR.
          Similar questions as in first interview but tailored to specific position I was applying for. Interviewer asked questions regarding basic requirements for the position.
    3. Phone Interview with Team and Team Leader.
          Questions were very technical.
    4. Background checked.

The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Mentione a time when you had to overcome a problem at work? How you did it?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Telephonic

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

The recruiter reached out to me about the intern position, an half an hour conversation about my interest, asked me how well I know about QL, and a behavioral question (how you face challenge) . Recruiter called me back a week later and set up for a interview, I chose face to face. The interview with the team were purely technical, they were basically testing how well I know in my field.

Interview Questions
    • If you know well about your field and do your homework about what you have learn, it would be difficult.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Multi-step process. Recruiters paint a simplified version of what is expected of you. You'll interview first by phone, then in person with a recruiter. After the interview with the recruiter you'll make a sample telephone sales call. Once that is complete you'll interview with a Director or higher.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to make a sales call for a product they give you about 2 minutes to learn.   Answer Question
    Flat offer. No negotiation allowed.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

So the first step in the account specialist position is applying then receiving a phone call from a recruiter if they're interested. You then have a one on one phone interview about a week later and you have to make sure you know what quicken loans is and a little details about the position you're applying for. A couple of days after the phone interview I was asked to meet one on one with my recruiter. She was the sweetest lady ever! I got so lucky to have her as a recruiter because she doesn't make it feel like an interview. I was asked typical questions like why do you want to work here? What are your goals in life? Name a time in which you faced hardship? Tell me about yourself? Do you consider yourself competitive? On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate yourself? After the interview with her I had to make a random call as a quizzle agent and try to get my client to sign up with us. You have about five minutes to prepare yourself but just try not to think about the time so you don't get nervous. Ask them basic questions and make sure you want to focus on their goals and what kind of loan they need. I think the call to quizzle is a big factor on how they request you to the next step in the process with the manager. A couple days later I was asked to meet with the manager for my position. It was a little bit the same like the first interview with the recruiter but more intimidating. He is the one who decides if he hires you or not so try to give the best answers and not look nervous!! (even though I was nervous I didn't show it) Show confidence and that you would be an amazing team player because that's what they look for. I also did shadowing on what my job what would seem like for about 30 mins. After that I waited a couple of hours and got the call from my recruiter asking me if I was still interested in the job and that I was accepted!! I received a verbal offer and after they do a background check they will call back within a couple of days for a written offer. Overall the process took within 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you didn't like about your previous job and wish they'd change?   View Answer
    No negotiation but they go through the pay and details