Quicken Loans Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.7

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Telephonic

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

The recruiter reached out to me about the intern position, an half an hour conversation about my interest, asked me how well I know about QL, and a behavioral question (how you face challenge) . Recruiter called me back a week later and set up for a interview, I chose face to face. The interview with the team were purely technical, they were basically testing how well I know in my field.

Interview Questions
    • If you know well about your field and do your homework about what you have learn, it would be difficult.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Multi-step process. Recruiters paint a simplified version of what is expected of you. You'll interview first by phone, then in person with a recruiter. After the interview with the recruiter you'll make a sample telephone sales call. Once that is complete you'll interview with a Director or higher.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to make a sales call for a product they give you about 2 minutes to learn.   Answer Question
    Flat offer. No negotiation allowed.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

So the first step in the account specialist position is applying then receiving a phone call from a recruiter if they're interested. You then have a one on one phone interview about a week later and you have to make sure you know what quicken loans is and a little details about the position you're applying for. A couple of days after the phone interview I was asked to meet one on one with my recruiter. She was the sweetest lady ever! I got so lucky to have her as a recruiter because she doesn't make it feel like an interview. I was asked typical questions like why do you want to work here? What are your goals in life? Name a time in which you faced hardship? Tell me about yourself? Do you consider yourself competitive? On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate yourself? After the interview with her I had to make a random call as a quizzle agent and try to get my client to sign up with us. You have about five minutes to prepare yourself but just try not to think about the time so you don't get nervous. Ask them basic questions and make sure you want to focus on their goals and what kind of loan they need. I think the call to quizzle is a big factor on how they request you to the next step in the process with the manager. A couple days later I was asked to meet with the manager for my position. It was a little bit the same like the first interview with the recruiter but more intimidating. He is the one who decides if he hires you or not so try to give the best answers and not look nervous!! (even though I was nervous I didn't show it) Show confidence and that you would be an amazing team player because that's what they look for. I also did shadowing on what my job what would seem like for about 30 mins. After that I waited a couple of hours and got the call from my recruiter asking me if I was still interested in the job and that I was accepted!! I received a verbal offer and after they do a background check they will call back within a couple of days for a written offer. Overall the process took within 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you didn't like about your previous job and wish they'd change?   View Answer
    No negotiation but they go through the pay and details

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

This was a fairly extensive interview process, but luckily it moved pretty quickly. Initially I applied for a position through the website, and a recruiter contacted me almost instantly in December. However I am a college senior and was not graduating until May, so she told me she would get in contact with me again closer to my graduation date. In early February she called me and gave me some background information on the Mortgage Banking position including the hours and pay, and was very honest about the time commitment of the job. This is definitely not the job for you if you're looking to start a family in the next couple of years, because your income is based on commission so you need to be at work to make good money, which means you're probably going to work 55-65 hours a week.

I did a phone interview with the recruiter and she told me she would be in contact with me early March, however she actually contacted me the end of February which made me feel like they really wanted me to work there before I received any other offers from other companies before I graduated. She told me they were going to do a soft credit check, basically looking for forclousures or anything like that. After that, I was called by another recruiter to do a on-site interview. They provide validated parking so that was nice. They said the interview will be about an hour but mine was an hour and a half. The recruiter was AWESOME and was very honest about the position. You have to do a mock sales call about their sister company, Quizzle. The person you call also works on the recruiting team, and is aware why you're making the call. They will likely say they aren't interested, but your job is to help them become interested. It is not that hard because you get enough information about the company beforehand and you can read the facts off the sheet during the call so you don't have to make stuff up. The call disconnects after 5 minutes.

They told me after the interview that normally they consult with the recruiter team and decide whether or not you move on to round 3, but he told me right away that I was and I could do round 3, which is meeting with a director, that day if I wanted to. I decided to go for it and the director was definitley tougher but still nice. He had me do a mock sales thing with him too, but basically had to convince him to buy what I sold during my sales internship. He then had me shadow a mortgage banker to see what their calls were like and if I could handle it/like it. The whole time you're welcome to their food, drinks, whatever. Everyone was SO nice and welcoming. I felt like I left with friends from there already which was awesome! Their office was INCREDIBLE. I would say go for the on-site interview just so you can see how amazing it actually is in there!

They sent me home with 3-5 questions I needed to email to the director by midnight that night. Overall I was there for 3 hours which was exhausting but it was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that was difficult for you other than death and how you overcame it.   View Answer
    No negotiation at all on pay or benefits, but the benefits are good. They tell you upfront several times that it is commission based with a salary of $20,800, so you can't really complain.

Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

I got a call from the HR and she made an appointment for a phone interview. Most of the questions are all about pre-experience and are very basic. Such as what do you know about the quicken loans? Why are you interested in your major/study? What did you do in your previous company?

Interview Questions
    be passionate and full of energy to talk with the HR, express your eager to join this internship, show your skills and ability.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Interview questions were fair. Manager tries to get a feel of what kind of person you are, and if you can persuade customers to get their loan through quicken. shadowed for an hour after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

Very intensive interview, the whole process took more than 5 hours. This was great though because you really got a feel for the company & what's expected of you. Their expectations are high, they emphasize how much time & money they commit to hiring you and they really want to make sure they are hiring the right person.
    Let's call a spade a spade though, Quicken Loans is just one big call center. This could be a great opportunity for the right person (someone extroverted who is highly motivated), I just feel like those people aspire for more than wearing a headset.
    Also, I applied online on a Wednesday, had my phone interview on Thursday, and my one-on-one interview on Friday. A process like that seems really desperate & does not give you much time to prep/research.

Interview Questions
    • A couple of the interviewers asked me to call their voicemail later that evening to leave them a message about anything at all. Only requirement was that the message had to be creative, energetic, and memorable. While it seemed a little strange (and definitely forced), it's obvious they just want to hear how you sound on the phone & if you can leave an impression.
      I'm very thankful they did this because this was the stage where I started to ask myself "Do I really want this job?" And the answer was no.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

Went through the the first step of the process by interviewing with HR. They asked general and non-specific questions about whether you know the company, experiences at other jobs, etc. At the end of the call they said they were interested, but there were no positions at the time to match my experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question at this stage was to talk about the biggest obstacle that you had to overcome at a previous employer (easy stuff at this stage)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2014.

Got the phone interview in Februray with a campus recruiter. Normal behavior questions. What do you know about company? challenges? your projects?